What's new

Do you like your job?

theclearspot

1. Yes , a lot.
2. Yes,a bit or sometimes.
3. No, I do it only for the money.
4. I hate my job.

Its an informal poll; you dont have to say what you do unless you want to, but you might want to add any relevant info. Its up to you.

Me : 3. Its only a means to an end, I dont like a lot of the people I work with.

G

greenmatter

i'm in construction

5. love the job but on occasion i would like to choke the customers

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just applied for State Disability but I hated truck driving, cannot get a job in what I love anymore but I have my own "business" of growing weed which I LOVE! LOL

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
fulltime~daddy, Domestic Engineer...waiting on WA and due process for my next state level job
and i do light cleaning & repairs @ icmag

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran

the only job I could want more is the guy that travels around the world and does the body painting on the S.I. swimsuit models.

Alyssa+Miller+%2528SI+Swimsuit+Body+Paint+2011%2529+.jpg

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
1, yes i love my job, but one thing i learned a few years ago is that even if you love your job you still need some timeout (read: holiday, where you're completely mentally detached from anything and everything work-related) or you'll eventually get BURNOUT, which can involve a complete lack of interest and passion in your work. After 15 years of the same work without some proper holidays that's what happened to me ... ended up taking a full year off before I regained that fire in the belly. It's great to be back, but lesson learned ... and besides, life's too short for all work no play.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
I love all my jobs..
Some more than others.
The order would look like this
Growing plants
Being a husband
Growing horses(care,breeding and training)
Land surveyor
Real estate agent
Residential painter
CAD

talktosamson

Veteran
1 love my job! I get to work with plants and people all day. And even though they Arnt pot plants it does not seem to matter!

theclearspot

I love all my jobs..
Some more than others.
The order would look like this
Growing plants
Being a husband
Growing horses(care,breeding and training)
Land surveyor
Real estate agent
Residential painter
CAD

Its clear to me you need a few more jobs my man....:tiphat:

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
btw I heard not long ago that apparently adults go through 6 career changes on average in their life! I was surprised by that, would've thought it'd be more like 2

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I work for myself and my boss is a dick.
same here except my employee is a worthless lazy slacker,i swear if i have to talk to myself one more time im going to fire myself...who's gonna be laughing then?:biggrin: cheeky bastard is smoking a bowl!

cough_cough_eer

Anita Bonghitt
Veteran
Although I don't work any more, I really liked my job. unfortunately, I didn't make enough money. I only supported myself so thought I could keep my job and get a real job later. Kept saying I was going to get a better job with benefits, insurance etc.....then the economy got bad and in my opinion the industry is going away, kinda like the butcher shops. I did custom picture framing. Now I'm sick and uninsured and trying to get on disability.

pheno menal is correct take your vacations you get them for a reason. I wish I had taken more of mine.