What's new

do you like sushi?

supermanlives

Veteran
just wondering who likes it. i really dont but will eat it if i drink enough hot saki LOL. whats your favorite and worst sushi?

HighDesertJoe

COME ON PEOPLE NOW
Veteran
Well living in the desert I've only had it once and I think I like mine COOKED Thank you very much.
To each is own tho

G

Guest3498

I don't like sushi, I love sushi. That being said I won't eat the cheap stuff, you get what you pay for!

If you like seafood there's no way you won't like good sushi, if any of you are caught up about the raw fish deal then quit being a giant va-jay-jay and give it a try. So much of it is cooked anyway - it's not like it's all raw. Years ago I never would have thought I'd like the stuff period, never mind liking it as much as I do now... It's right up there with a good steak, awesome pizza, etc etc no doubt.

spicy white tuna roll
spider maki is the SHIT
unagi is always good
tempura of course

top it off with an order of pan-fried gyoza dumplings and a scorpion bowl and you've got a winning meal for sure.

FlaDankster

Veteran
I don't know the names........i just continue to eat the shit out of it!!!

Try different things when i get the chance.Some is good some is what ever.Haven't had a gagger yet.(damn that didn't come out right now did it?)

Don't do any thing with the cream cheese though.I like cream cheese but not wit me sushi.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
Absolutely love sushi, have close to $100 a week habit right now......

i just really like the way sushi makes you feel. you don't feel weighed down or bloated like many of the other foods. you walk out feeling like a million bucks....

i don't eat any of the cooked sushi, that's fake shit right there. cooked sushi is for Americans who want to say there eating sushi, but are afraid to eat raw fish.....

my favorite is the Tekka Don. its a big bowl of sushi rice, topped with 12-15 pieces of maguru(tuna) sashimi(sliced raw fish).....

BUT, my gripe is, why is it so expensive? its originally peasant food! uncooked fish on top of rice, yet sushi is SUPER expensive, never understood that

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
Tastes like pussy! So whats the question ?

P.S.
DO NOT PUT WA SA BI ON THE YA YA
Couldn't catch up to taste it. My bad....

hazy

Veteran
Yeah, i like the fake American style New York crunch rolls. No raw fish involved!
But it sure is good.

supermanlives

Veteran
theres a place near me . everything is fresh and you can watch the guy prepare it . huge menu big prices and real wasabi not horseradish

MMJcali

i think its expensive because the fish has to be super fresh in order to be eaten raw. back in the peasant days that wasnt really an issue, but nowayas where everything is packed, preserved and shipped round the world, it takes a little extra to get that fresh fish.

love sushi...been my favorite food since I can remember. Ive turned every girl I've dated onto sushi too...gotta start em small with the american stuff, then gradually feed em the unagi and sea urchin ;)

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
spicy tuna roll!

agree that sushi does not make me sluggish when i eat a lot, unlike some other foods.

Wiggs Dannyboy

Last Laugh Foundation
ICMag Donor
Veteran
BUT, my gripe is, why is it so expensive? its originally peasant food! uncooked fish on top of rice, yet sushi is SUPER expensive, never understood that

Hey Krunch....sometimes that just happens. Why, I remember hearing something similar, lets see if I can jog the memory banks on what it was.....hmmm....hmmm.....it had something to do with a silly 'ol weed of some kind.... :)

I love the sushi, too, not a connaseure at all though, usually just get it at wholefoods or the like. Can't afford the spendy stuff in the high end restaurants.

I think one reason for the high cost is the higher quality of fish that is required nowadays for sushi restaurants, and maybe the skill of the sushi chef comes into play to.

That's actually quite similar to the reasons for weed pricing going up.

C

CascadeFarmer

Not a sushi fan. Tried a bunch of different things at a few restaurants in a few states. Decent local Japanese restaurant but I eat other stuff there.

Bobby Stainless

"Ill let you try my Wu-Tang style"
Veteran
hamachi kama!
sansei_hamachi_kama.jpg

C

CascadeFarmer

lobster was poor people food too
LOL...remember when growing up in New England lobster was pretty damn cheap. My dad had his own pots for awhile before any regulations.

Guess I'm just not a raw meat person. Got some wild salmon from the local store, set it on the counter for awhile, came back and saw worms popping out of it. After that never had sushi again.

supermanlives

Veteran
theres reports of prisoners in maine complaining cause they had to eat lobster. ya i remember when lobster was real cheap for me . i bartered at the docks

Latest posts

Latest posts