What's new

Do You Get Burnt Out From Growing Weed?

D

danimal7

I get burned out and jaded often , but thats after ten years of growing , I have not bought weed in over 10 years,

10 years of waiting for everyone to go to bed
10 years of heavy trap doors
10 years of crawling on hand and knee
10 years of lugging shit in and out of a hard to get to spots

I never would have been able to find or afford any quality smoke..my marriage would have ended ,
yeah I get sick of it and quit for 6 months and then I have to scramble ass to get going again before we run out:yoinks::bashhead::eek::puppydoge:badday::Bolt::jawdrop:

flyer

i think no matter what kind of works we do.. or how much we love doing it.. there will be a time when you will get burned out.
the best solution is take a break, vacation, see/do other things.
and you will realized what you wanted to do afterward.

MrBomDiggitty

Veteran
Sucks when you're hitting day 50 of 12/12 and something exciting pops up and you can't do it because you have a harvest comming in a week or two and can't risk stuff getting screwed during your away time.

humble1

crazaer at overgrow 2.0
ICMag Donor
Veteran
battle fatigue is how i think about it.
even in a medical state, make that THE medical state, there are the ever-present plethora of nagging little worries like police, jackers, neighbors, electricity, pumps, fans, bugs, A/C, market conditions....... the list goes on. each thing may be small in terms of actual stress in your life, but combined they add up to a heart attack every day of every grow. smoking just keeps me from seizing up and falling over.
what i like is when i'm coming out of the slump of grower's fatigue and everything seems new and exciting again.

chuckyoufarley

Veteran
i love growing my own smoke so it doesnt get old with me but i imagine if thats how you made your living ,i guess thats why you got so much going at 1 time .me i got a regular job and only grow form my head so its small but tha strees ya sometimes couldnt imagine that tenfold

bueno
Maybe its O.C.D. If it is, plz dont doctor me I enjoy the obession.
lmao thats great

Bud Hi

I'm burned out on the laws in my state.
So, I only grow enough to last awhile
had 6 out door this year, then ill do some indoor (soon)
take some clone
then do the outdoor thing again

Attachments

• grow 193.jpg
    grow 193.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 7

Hash Man

battle fatigue is how i think about it.
even in a medical state, make that THE medical state, there are the ever-present plethora of nagging little worries like police, jackers, neighbors, electricity, pumps, fans, bugs, A/C, market conditions....... the list goes on. each thing may be small in terms of actual stress in your life, but combined they add up to a heart attack every day of every grow. smoking just keeps me from seizing up and falling over.
what i like is when i'm coming out of the slump of grower's fatigue and everything seems new and exciting again.

thats the truth. everything little thing adds up....

add risk of fire too - my house has been in the path of fire 2 times in the past 3 years...

like you said tho, the slump is over with the promise of a new and exiting project.

420kid

i just sometimes get bored that i cant talk to anyone about this,i mean i love being online and stuff but i wish i could tell certain ppl about this hobby

Securityfirst

Dealing with growing and crappy workers

Dealing with growing and crappy workers

this question may be intended for the bigger growers who do this full time....do you get burnt out from growing weed or weed in general?
i sure do. from the moment i wake up i put in a hour or two before my workout. after my workout, my flower rooms have flipped and i need to work in the other one for a while.
my veg room is huge, daily maintenance is an hour or more, not including the 2 or 3 trays of clones i have to cut everyday. that kills my back.....
then, in the evening, my other spot turns on and needs work, luckily only every other day for an hour or so.

sometimes i dread going into my growrooms, i just get so burnt out on it. then ill start letting things slip and not keep up because i just dont want to be in there. for me, thats when i need a little vacation. cant do anything big and only for 2 days max, still really seems to refresh my batteries. can go another 6 months to a year without the burnt out feeling.

funny thing is i dont get burnt out on icmag, which i thought i would. i enjoy going on here helping people and bullshitting.

definitely beats the monotony of a 9 to 5 though....... :eggnog:

I hear you man. What I get sick of is having a grow partner that is cheap. That leaves me always looking to get compensated and what not. It just gets old.I put out 5k or more a month for labor and the growstore and new equipment. I'm lucky if i get 3k back every time.

I recently had a falling out with a worker of mine.I met him through some commercial friends. He basically didnt finish the job all the way or even finish it properly and called us up repeatedly and threatened to call the police on our operation(s) if we didnt give him the 1500 balance.He has a gambling problem and needed the money to pay someone back for getting bailed out of jail. I paid up to avoid trouble. Although he did not deserve it at all. We housed this kid for months , let him make all kinds of money , let him use vehicles, gave him tons of work, contacts , EVERYTHING. He built my DTW room and my ex girlfriends drip system. So sometimes its the work I can handle but the riff raff that comes along with it can be annoying and some times even causes chest pains lol.
That is how he chose to thank us. Karma will get his stupid ass i'm sure. There are just some things you just dont do and that is one of them.

Anyway, labor does get expensive . My partner and I are closing the door now and doing all work ourselves. I cringe thinking about big leafing , replanting and all that. You mentioned making clones, that gets to be non fun as well.

Hang in there man, your hard work is paying off for you and your threads are amazing. It shows a big amount of dedication and skill.

Peace out

Latest posts

Latest posts