What's new

do uk cuts match up to the usa's finest??

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
What are you talking about!?!
Political opinions, american friends, holidays and being petty?!?!?
I don´t understand what you mean and i´m afraid you don´t have a clue what i´m talking about as well. So we´re even i guess.
I try again because i´m a do gooder.
Why don´t you start by sharing your questions and views about the main differences or similarities between cuts coming from different countries?
Instead of getting all emotional because someone said something is some other thread.
You´re sad because of that, i understand, but i fail to see how your approach is going to start any positive debate.
What cuts have you grown? What are your own views? What are your interests and projects relating with it? What´s the point of double labeling something?
UK Cheese...to be honest i got my own UK Cheese, French cut that i might carry with me to Uruguay.
Will i then have a new strain?
Uk Cheese, French Cut, Uruguayan Breed...Sounds great innit?!

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
What are you talking about!?!
Political opinions, american friends, holidays and being petty?!?!?
I don´t understand what you mean and i´m afraid you don´t have a clue what i´m talking about as well. So we´re even i guess.
I try again because i´m a do gooder.
Why don´t you start by sharing your questions and views about the main differences or similarities between cuts coming from different countries?
Instead of getting all emotional because someone said something is some other thread.
You´re sad because of that, i understand, but i fail to see how your approach is going to start any positive debate.
What cuts have you grown? What are your own views? What are your interests and projects relating with it? What´s the point of double labeling something?
UK Cheese...to be honest i got my own UK Cheese, French cut that i might carry with me to Uruguay.
Will i then have a new strain?
Uk Cheese, French Cut, Uruguayan Breed...Sounds great innit?!

lol sorry for calling you a do gooder mate.

ok my views?
i think that we here have cuts as good as elites from the usa. i also think that there are some hidden gems in both uk and us which are better than the elites.

i would personally like to see people here not bringing up the exodus all the time. im glad its good, but its not the only thing here and it somewhat over shadows others. and most people in the usa or elsewhere judge us on the exodus.

me personally ive been through some different uk and usa elites. i think they have equal value. my main question is t see what other uk growers think, as when i read/posted on the other thread, the uk stuff was quickly dismissed as inferior.

so thats my view. hope that sorts the confusion? perhaps ive misread you and visa versa... peace my friend:)

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
Much more to my own personal tastes, i have to admit.
Thank you for that. And to be honest imo you pretty much got it all on your last comment.
This is a USA based forum so we need to expect a little bias, the same happens on a Portuguese, English, Spanish, etc forum. People tend to stand for their own products, fair enough i think.
I also think, maybe wrongly, that the country of origin of indoor strains is useless info.
It´s not about the quality of the local plants but the quality/number/legal status/financial power of the growers/breeders.
Just my opinion of course.

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
Thank you for that. And to be honest imo you pretty much got it all on your last comment.
This is a USA based forum so we need to expect a little bias, the same happens on a Portuguese, English, Spanish, etc forum. People tend to stand for their own products, fair enough i think.
I also think, maybe wrongly, that the country of origin of indoor strains is useless info.
It´s not about the quality of the local plants but the quality/number/legal status/financial power of the growers/breeders.

yup i agree.. you gonna get people who are proud of what their country or state has to offer, but they also need to realise that its a big world, plenty more to be seen..i dont think enough breeding does go on here, i do think that the medical movement in the usa has pushed things forward alot for their strains too. i mean growing for the smoke has its issues let alone just for hobby breeding. i think ive seen the french cut of cheese it looked fantastic. one of my friends said to me '' dutch companies are tired now'' and i think to an extent that is true. i mean i have a deep respect for serious seeds and they are one of the few european based breeders i like. but i know sensi, and a few others are not what they were. the dutch dont seem the pioneers they once were. but then as you say thats open to debate also.

watts

ohms
Veteran
all i hear about with uk cuts is stuff like uk cheese (exodus, livers, etc.), amnesia haze, chronic, critical mass.

watts

ohms
Veteran

thought this site was based wherever gypsy is from... and its an international site.

TripleDraw27

Veteran
Ive been to 5 different regions in Italy. Each place, someone told us they were the " real italians".

Someone said it, we are just larger, so theres more places to grow.

I can say imo, atmosphere is a big thing to me when smoking. I could smoke some medium quality smoke in some country i have never been and be absolutely blazed.

Its a toughie...
I would love to grow Uk , euro stuff more. Just not readily available to me

RudeDog

Veteran
I can't really comment on the difference but I've been growing from cuts for a while now and I'm bored.

Going back to seed popping, watching that plant develop is what it is about. Plus you get males which I could do with one now.

Got a greenhouse full of plants grown from cutting and it hasn't been as much fun.

Just saying really.

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
I can't really comment on the difference but I've been growing from cuts for a while now and I'm bored.

Going back to seed popping, watching that plant develop is what it is about. Plus you get males which I could do with one now.

Got a greenhouse full of plants grown from cutting and it hasn't been as much fun.

Just saying really.

growing from seed is always fun but its also so slow. plus if your growing out a couple of packs for a keeper it takes up alot of space and half/or more could be males. so i select from seed now and again but stick to clones for the most part. it just saves time effort and space.

H

Hazyfontazy

hawaiin lights and G skunk would give any of the us elites a run for their money ,,nothing i've ever had has matched G for raw potency and the high on the HL was some crazy tripping ,,

admittedly though most of the usa strains blow ours out the water ,

we do have some very good growers though and some heavy duty tokers :biggrin:

BigPhil

Veteran
I wouldnt know, Never found any1 with clone only in the uk :/

Would prob wank myself to death if I ever did tho haha

BigPhil

Veteran
hawaiin lights and G skunk would give any of the us elites a run for their money ,,nothing i've ever had has matched G for raw potency and the high on the HL was some crazy tripping ,,

admittedly though most of the usa strains blow ours out the water ,

we do have some very good growers though and some heavy duty tokers :biggrin:

Hawaiin lights? Hawaiin haze x NL? I love hawaiin haze best smoke of my life to date, sadly enough the beans where discontinued in 97 I think boohoo

RudeDog

Veteran
growing from seed is always fun but its also so slow. plus if your growing out a couple of packs for a keeper it takes up alot of space and half/or more could be males. so i select from seed now and again but stick to clones for the most part. it just saves time effort and space.

Yeah, know what your saying and I ain't got much room indoors so femmed seeds are attactive. If I found something nice in seeds I'd clone to run again.

M

moodster

ive had in the uk blockhead kromes the white ,casey jones trucannabliss cut , exodus , psychosis , livers , and just got a new g13 cross called gbud

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Too often the named clone turns out only to be something vaguely similar or a cross , several versions of many , the three local cheese cuts cant all be exodus , different but all good.

A local Casey clone is actually a feminised Casey x NYCD by Kinderfeld from years back , few round here preserve the original name , and have little interest in its origin or genetics.

Latest posts

Latest posts