What's new

Do pets bring pests?

est1977

i got a hell of infestation from having 2 cats going out to play and coming in the gr to sleep in the tray and try to drink the nute water all the while bringing back spider mites thrips and everydamn thing else keep the pets out of your grow it saves problems

T

Tr33

Pets are the number 1 reason you get spider mites. Keep them way away from your grow. Seriously they are the #1 reason for psets.
You will live and Learn the hard way as everyone else that has pets near their grow op.

beejium

i never had a problem with pests and i have 2 cats and 1 blind old dog. they sure as hell don't get close enough to get into the ferts dry or liquid. one time i did find my cat laying right next to a plant in the grow room. stupid me for got to close the door before going to work. he didn't really hurt anything, nibbled on the tip of 1 leaf. i did have some hair to pick out though :(

Inviting environments bring bugs....You can purposely bring bugs to a room and they will never get established or thrive if the envirment isn't good for them.

JACKtheREFFER

No Longer a Human Watering Can
Veteran
I also say yes... I think a recent infestation of P.M. was due to the dogs after i found PM on some roses outside ..

^^LOL...No it wasn't, you got PM because of low temps (more then likely when lights are off and fans on) and high humidity....it's all about inviting environments, PM can form in the most sterile of rooms if the environment is inviting.

i have 6 pitbulls 2 and 12 gerbils that i play with and handle everyday ive never had a pest problem in my 12yrs of growing but then again i mainly grow with dro methods which in my opinon lowers my chances of pest

JACKtheREFFER

No Longer a Human Watering Can
Veteran
^^LOL...No it wasn't, you got PM because of low temps (more then likely when lights are off and fans on) and high humidity....it's all about inviting environments, PM can form in the most sterile of rooms if the environment is inviting.

wow, thanks for solving all my problems :wave: :tiphat:

G

grow nerd

The only way to ensure that your grow will be pest-free is to kill all your pets.

Latest posts

Latest posts