What's new

Do people know you get high?

a6grow

People who are actually SHOCKED that people smoke weed need to fucking get out of their bubble.

word...people should also be even more shocked regarding the amount of "regular" people that abuse prescription meds too...them along with caffeine freaks are just as big as "drug addicts" as potheads!

Alot of my family know and respects it. My dhs coworkers must have some idea but we wouldn't tell them. lol With most other pppl Im very open tho this is who I am.

Finepointcanon

Veteran
I used to think so, but every time someone that I don't get high with finds out they're like "What??? I never would have expected it!" Which is weird, because I look kinda like a young Jesus when I get too shaggy.

O

Ontariostoner

I try to keep the "knowers" to a manageable size.

I don't look like a stoner, and try to be discreet.

Friends and family know - most in the real world wouldn't guess.

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
If the conversation keeps coming up don't take that as a sign of acceptance in the least. Once someone knows especially older people they tend to talk. As far as that 70 year old, that is the age group that was around during the many bans and hyped up bullshit like refer madness and all that.

I have had people try and act "hip" around me and talking about how they used to smoke, my response "um, cool well many people have tried many things in college so anyways, how was your day?".

I don't give up information about me no matter how cool they are trying to pretend to be. Until I see them toke FIRST, I don't say shit and really don't care to show people how cool or hip I am lol.

old people are evil in my book, first to rat you out because its their civic duty.

GeorgeSmiley

Remembers
Veteran
I think maybe 6 people know I smoke. None but my wife know that I am high all the time. I am very clean cut.

3 people know I grow. Wife, mom, and brother is aware that I am able to and was thinking of it.... none have any idea that I grew in the past. Mom and bro are a bit uneasy about it. My family is a non drinking family the last 15 years or so, just no alcohol at any family functions.

It's something, it's just not something in my circle (well old circle) of friends and family so I would feel really awkward all of a sudden being open about it.

I've always said that if I were gay the closet would have been turned as fire wood by the time I was in middle school (henry rollins words)

Well, I'm not out of the closet with ganja

And I am fucking sick of it.

I am a completely different person and I have herb to thank for that..... so WTF do I care if they know?

Oh well, just something that's been on my mind 24/7 lately.

Smiley

Kalicokitty

The cat that loves cannabis
Veteran
Always freshly showered, dressed nice, put my clear eyes redness formula in before leaving the house, I'm clean cut, and thought of as a health freak, when people do find out I smoke it seems to take them days to accept it, they will look at me a week later and shake their heads, I can't believe you smoke pot, my image of you is blown, I thought you were mister healthy, lol.
All the way back to high school when one of my best friends moms caught us smoking, she said she couldn't believe it, she thought I was her sons only "good friend" LMAO!!!!
I was a little bummed to hear that, I didn't know I had this golden rep going with her, lol.

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
Always freshly showered, dressed nice, put my clear eyes redness formula in before leaving the house, I'm clean cut, and thought of as a health freak, when people do find out I smoke it seems to take them days to accept it, they will look at me a week later and shake their heads, I can't believe you smoke pot, my image of you is blown, I thought you were mister healthy, lol.
All the way back to high school when one of my best friends moms caught us smoking, she said she couldn't believe it, she thought I was her sons only "good friend" LMAO!!!!
I was a little bummed to hear that, I didn't know I had this golden rep going with her, lol.

and what is funny about this is odds are these people looking down on you odds are smoke cigs or drink beer WHICH is actually a cause of thousands of deaths each month BUT sure enough pot hasn't killed someone in tens of thousands of years. I think I would look at them shaking my head saying "for shame, for shame :comfort: "

Frozenguy

Veteran
So I smoke before class and during if its a class that is long enough to warrant a break. So we take our break and I head up to my car. Smoke a tiny one hit bowl out of my one hitter and head back. I even blew the smoke away from me outside and then put a coat on.

I do this all the time.

I go back to class about 30 sec after he started relecturing. I sit in my usual spot (front) and about fifteen seconds later he starts complaining about skunks outside and how the school wont do anything to deter them lol..

Then some guy two seats back and over a few rows says "I dont think its that kind of skunk".

And my teacher said something about him sure it being a skunk. Made me laugh inside, and proud because it was my stuff I grew that made him comment :joint:

boroboro

GeorgeSmiley said:
Well, I'm not out of the closet with ganja

And I am fucking sick of it.
Amen, brother. I just came out of the closet for the first time a few weeks ago, as a grower, by joining up with some Medical compassion clubs forming in the area. That's a start and a big relief, but I'm still the 'clean-cut respectable guy' to my personal acquaintances around town, though, and only go to compassion clubs in other cities.

Kalicokitty said:
I'm clean cut, and thought of as a health freak...
LOL! Come on, it's healthier than beer, right? I hope to eventually see the day I can finally come out as a 'pothead' to friends, business associates, etc. Love to see them try and reconcile that with my running obsession, endurance sports history, etc.

msd828

Most my friends smoke themselves. And I used to think when I went out in public that no one knew, until I asked a friend who doesn't smoke if its noticable, he laughed and said hell ya its noticable!
Maybe that's why everyone is always muggin me! Lol
O well I live in cali, so F it!

When I'm out of state tho, I don't say anything to anyone, and keep it at home.

smokefrogg

Veteran
some know, some don't, i've smoked with several work folks, the owner of the company burns pretty much all day long every day, most folks i know do know that i do, a very small number know about the growing, but there are a couple work folks that know, one was over last night so i could give him some cuttings for instance...

all depends on the job, i'm in a very very lax industry right now, there was a time i was working government contracts and you tend to act a bit differently there, the guy i'd carpool to these bases would love to burn, 60+ year old vietnam vet, that dude was awesome, phat jay on the way to work and some jazz, do the same thing on the way back, while at work we were busting out and kicking ass, i miss that dude...

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
Anyone else notice that the people you burn bowls with at work tend to kick ass and get the job done while the straights are screwing around and not accomplishing much? I have seen this at a few different jobs and the stoners are the lazy ones, lmao.

My family and most friends know I smoke and grow, I am probably too casual about it but now that I am legal I don't worry much. I did just cut my long hair and am going back to looking like a square but it was more because long hair is a pain in the ass so bzzzzzzzzzz.

TexasToker

atleast 90% of my friends and family know I smoke daily. I do not like hiding things from people in my life. Hell some even get smoke(free) from me when I have excess. How can you be for something and keep it hidden? I am passionate about it, and it shows.

My mother who is a die-hard Christian even knows. She accepts it because; 1.) She knows it helps my pain. 2.) She really like the arthritis cream I make with trim/fan leaves.

gdtrfb

have you seen my lighter?
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i look like jesus, a hell's angel, and a wookie had a 3 way.

i don't think people 'know', it's just assumed.

Latest posts

Latest posts