What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Do Mother Plants Smell? Do I Even Need A Carbon Filter For A Mother Tent?

MajorGrindage

I am starting up my first mother tent with a 5x5 tent.

All of my other 5x5's are filtered with ac infinity 8 inch carbon filters.

Ive never kept a mother plant tent, and so im curious if you guys have any experience with the smell or not.

If i could avoid a carbon filter in that tent that would be great, but i like to avoid any smells in my house.

Thanks in advance for any help, i appreciate it very much!

oldworld

My veg tent with 3-4 6" tall single stem plants smells more when I open it then the one that has a large nearly finished plant in it. That said, neither is very strong.

I've noticed lately, there IS a heavy musk to the air around me. Still, nothing alarming. I will probably just put mother/clones on a shelf in the future.

I'm legal, though. I probably would feel differently if that were not the case. Sometimes I just let the tent hang open and waft through the house as I fill buckets or whatever. Yeah, I wouldn't want to have to do all this on the sneak.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Moms are just large plants in veg. Depending on what genetics your moms are they can stick up the block. You will know if you need a scrubber. Keep in mind the scrubber doesn't need to be in the tent. I run mine outside of the tent.

Latest posts

Latest posts