What's new

Do I need to buy Government seeds

MoeBudz^420

Veteran
OK...

I am sitting here now, with these in front of me.

HC's "supply of seeds and dried MJ FAQ sheets (white)... Nothing stated.

Also, the "policy on HC's supply of dried and seed for med purposes" (white sheets)... Nothing stated.

And Instructions for ordering & paying" (green sheet) ... nothing stated.

As well as Personal use production license sheets (pink sheet)... Nothing stated.

And the license to Possess. (pink sheet)... Nothing stated.

I haven't read anything stating this on anything I recieved so far, but I don't have the plastic card yet, it was not attached to the pink sheets. I called and asked, was told it'd arrive soon. Sent for a pack today anyhoo, as I got the the seed buying forms yesterday.

For 20 for 30 beans, we'll give em a go... :rasta:

Peace

JRace

http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/ahc-asc/media/ftr-ati/_2010/2010_94-eng.php
Health Canada Statement on Medical Marihuana Compassion Clubs
Under the MMAR, Health Canada does not licence organizations such as "compassion clubs" or "cannabis dispensaries" to possess, produce, or distribute marihuana for medical purposes. Under the MMAR, only individuals can be authorized by Health Canada to possess and/or be licensed to produce marihuana for medical purposes. As well, Health Canada is the only organization that can legally supply marihuana seeds and dried marihuana for medical purposes to such individuals.

It should be stated that they change the wording on the papers you get regularly. My first set stated nothing about where you cannot get seeds, and then the next set I got 9after my renewal) stated the above. Who knows what my new renewal will say...if it ever arrives...

LastWaltz

The key wording here:

marihuana seeds and dried marihuana for medical purposes nothing to do with novelty items

MoeBudz^420

Veteran
Looks legit to me, thanx for clearing that up. Not worried about it, I heard theirs was not that bad if grown right.

Looks like it's HC brand canna going into the tent. Good enuff for me... :rasta:

Peace

Health Canada herb is beyond garbage.

Never grow thier seeds either, if you think HC sells bad herb, you're not gonna be pleased with thier seeds.
I also heard that it was some sort of NL based line
saw some being grown about half way through the flow process a bunch of years back..

looked like hemp, smelt like straw. Buddy told me months later that he dry sieved and never smokd a bud they were so displeasing.

jarff

So..looks like the jury is still out on this one...some say you gotta buy from Gov,t and some say you don,t have to.To be safe I will buy some of thie seeds and throw them out to the birds and use my stock of seeds I have in my storage bottle.
They are so f**ken slow with the card I,m afraid if you don,t order the seeds they,ll make you go to the back of of the line just to torture you.I,m goin,with the program b,cause I know they will have some small print in Swahili that will requires you to use only thir seeds.
I swear the Gov,t is a bunch of masochists with ppl. hired just to look for some slip up so they can justify making you wait two more yrs. to get your liscense.
anyhow the birds will have some seeds for a meal with the ones I buy.

jarff

MoeBudz^420

Veteran
I ordered the HC seeds, time will tell. Willing to try them before knocking them - if they fail, then it's been proven to me, and I'll try other seed next time around. Go figure, even they took over 2 weeks BY COURIER? Geez - Otown is only a couple hours away...

Put 5 in PT, 100% germed. Just breaking the surface ATM...

My card did not come with them. I'm beginning to wonder if my actual documents (the pink ones) will be destroyed by wallet carry before I ever see the actual plastic card that is meant to be wallet carried.

A 1" thick wad of paper in the wallet is no fun - unless it is cash ;-)...

C'mon HC - what's the holdup? Got the license docs, the seeds and still no plastic! I know I'm good to go, but I want my plastic!!!

Peace

Hi there to all. I would imagine as you went through the process to get your permits and all, grow whatever you like. With many reputable seedbanks in Country to deal with let alone ones like the Boutique your plethora of choices not to mention the clones floating around your free to grow what you need to for your needs. Refuse to settle for the only game in town attitude of HC and grow whatever you like I would say. Kind regards.

MoeBudz^420

Veteran
canadian kush:

Do these look like hemp? not to me, they look indica dom, squat and bushy. Smells nice after rubbing a stem as well. Now in flower (4th day), time will tell, and so will I...

Jan 6, HC brand...1st day 12/12.

Edit: Today, 4 days in...

Peace

Last edited:

Moots

I hate to re-make a point made earlier, but why when you become a legit patient would it suddenly become illegal to buy seeds? I could walk up to a cop, tell him I was about to buy some seeds, and give them to him post purchase.....and they could do nothing.

Also for those of you who are bad mouthing HC's genetics, unless you have grown them, or actually know someone who does, you are all speculating and making comments from the school of "Everyone knows..."

When you order seeds from HC, they also send with the seeds, "technical information about the maternal lineage of the marihuana seeds (i.e., characteristics of the maternal batch lot such as approximate THC concentration, morphological characteristics, seed viability, female to male ratio, etc.);" So unless you can provide that data, you are just blowing hot air.

Thats from the HC site. Some further reading shows that you can purchase them from HC once. So unless you are expected to breed, or only have a fixed amount of plants for the rest of your life, where are you going to get these other seeds?

So out of boredom, I called HC. I was told that patients can order them once through HC, or buy them elsewhere. She wouldn't list exact places but mentioned seed banks in a lot of cities and on the internet could be easily found. Now she was just a phone jockey, but it makes sense.

Hell, Health Canada used to direct patients to Marc Emery........

MoeBudz^420

Veteran
:yes: good info! :yes:

I'll straighten out the hearsay with proof regarding hc seed + what the flowers are like...

Myth Confirmed, or Myth Busted??

Time will tell...if they're good, OK - if not... Elsewhere. :rasta:

Peace

You may purchase seeds in country or wherever you may chose. You may find that in Canada Cannabis Seeds are not any different than Hemp seeds to the Police and for the most part the seeds are novelty items until or unless germinated and grown out to produce plants that are classified as Weed plants. I would not stress to much about buying seeds from anywhere that ships to Canada. There also many seedbanks in Country that carry reputable breeders works that many suitable strains maybe grown. Alot of the clubs I understand have clones available as well for those wanting to grow from clone. Good luck and safe and happy growing to all. Regards.

jarff

Good info..Thank you.
I was under the impression that seeds were illegal even if you had a med grow ticket.
I am used to growing my own strain but thought that I,d need to buy at least seeds from HC when sending for the liscense...This is good to know.
jarff

Chimera

Genetic Resource Management
Veteran
I was under the impression that seeds were illegal even if you had a med grow ticket.

jarff

Anyone who tells you seeds are not illegal has obviously not read the CDSA (Controlled Drugs and Substances Act) which is the statute that regulates Drugs in Canada. The act clearly states that the only exemption with regard to 'Cannabis' is fibre stalks and "non-viable hemp seed".

Seeds most definitely are illegal technically and anyone could potentially be prosecuted at any time for possession if caught; though those caught 'trafficking" would be much more likely to receive a charge. I can't see anyone getting charged with 10-100 seeds, but if you are producing or possessing large amounts of viable seed, the potential does exist.

Seed charges have been laid with convictions 'won' against both seed producers and seed resellers in the past. BC, Ontario and Quebec have all brought charges for those possessing and selling seeds so don't fool yourselves about the legality... if they really want to charge you for whatever reason, and this is all they have then they will do it. I know a grower who was charged with possession and production of seeds - on top of a regular production charge.

However, likelihood of charges are low, and essentially non-existent for those that are exempt and legally permitted to possess or produce cannabis under Section 56 of the CDSA / MMAR.

The likelihood of conviction is directly related to where in the country you are located, which only reinforces the absurd nature of a national law that supposedly applies evenly to every Canadian regardless of location.

Hope that helps,
-Chimera

jarff

Thanx for the info Chimera...
I recall Mark Emery getting time in US pen for selling seeds? (that,s an obvious one)
About a year ago my nephew got picked up with a couple hundred schwag seeds and he got a small fine.So ...obviously it must be illegal to posess them.There are times when a cop would take seeds from a person,but I was pretty sure he could charge the person who was in posession of them.
Personally I wouldnt want to be nabbed with a few packs of seed...appreciate getting this clarified..much appreciated

jarff

Chimera

Genetic Resource Management
Veteran
I can't see a few packs getting you anything but a fine, but technically you are in possession of 'Cannabis' under the act. In most places in the country they would just let you walk away, possibly not even confiscate them.

Although Marc was charged previously under the CDSA for seed violations, the sentence that Marc is currently serving is if for US charges. The raid itself in Vancouver, by the DEA, was executed under a treaty act that allowed the US authorities to have a warrant served by the Vancouver Police for charges in the US.

Glad to clarify; it's always best to know which laws you are breaking. ;)

-Chimera

For legit medical grows, I would feel safe to be at liberty to purchase whatever seed strain turns you on if you go through all the hoops to become legit. Why bother with the only game in town one seed strain offered by Health Canada when you may want something that fits your needs. After all variety is the spice of life nes pas? Go for the best seeds you want to make your grows worth your efforts. Kind regards.

Marco Renda

Well I sure as hell hope that my lawsuite against Health Canada gets before a judge sooner than later so as us legal growers can get seeds from anyone we choose. Shit I still have over 7,000 packs of seeds sitting at Pearson Airport for the past 3 years. Canada Customs wants to give me my seeds back but Health Canada is REFUSING.

We had quite a few undercover cops at the TY Expo in Toronto last July and none of the seed company got busted for selling seeds. The cops were only looking for folks selling buds from what I was told.

This issue really needs to be brought before the courts as Health Canada is only supplying 1 strain and we all know that 1 stain just isn't good enough.

Let's face it there are plenty of seed retailers across Canada but you don't see any of them getting busted, unless of course they are shipping seeds to customers outside of the country like what Marc Emery was doing.

Take Care and Peace
Marco

Latest posts

Latest posts