What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Do I Kull my fem SLH?

RetroGrow

Veteran
I would love to have a SLH male!
My favorite strain. Would love to work with it.
But I understand your dilemma.
If it were mine, I would let it go, and clip the branch (s) with balls, and separate them from the other plants, stick them in a glass of water and collect the pollen, if any. But that's just me.

Tipz

Tipz but I do not buy it, and your line sounds like the same exhausted narrative about "hermies" and big romanticized ideas like saving "the gene pool" that one hears a lot of on pot forums. You can't prove a negative - the onus would be on you to provide the science that these chemicals *do* alter the DNA of plants.

This idea that somehow fem seeds has destroyed the entire gene-base of a geographical area like Denver is silly. If you wish to spend your time playing games discussing made up things that's your choice, but I'm not going to engage in fictional narratives.

There's a reason why you hear it a lot on forums, wether you buy it or not matters not. Fictional narrative done, hope u are.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
whatever some peoples opinions on fems (that they are trying to hijack the thread to turn into their soap box for)

keep the plant and see how it goes, watch it closely in case of more nanners, see how it smokes - then evaluate it and make your decision.

kro-magnon

Veteran
I'm a bit confused about my plant because she's really doing a lot of male pre-flower. I don't know if it's a real fem SLH, perhaps there was a mistake when packing the seeds because to me it's looking like a full male at day 12 of 12/12. I'm still waiting before culling it but I've lost faith in it. And please Tipz this thread is not a tribune for you to expose your theory, make your own thread if you want.

Tipz

whatever some peoples opinions on fems (that they are trying to hijack the thread to turn into their soap box for)

keep the plant and see how it goes, watch it closely in case of more nanners, see how it smokes - then evaluate it and make your decision.

And some folks are just tring to sell crap

S

strandloper

Feminized seeds are not a 100% guaranteed that they will be Fem.
Nature throws curveballs.
If you got a true male than you are lucky

kro-magnon

Veteran
I really don't think I got a SLH male, don't get me wrong. IF it's a true male that's a packing mistake in my opinion. Just wait a few more days and we all know what it is really. I would like to show you some pics but I need to buy a camera for that.

S

strandloper

I thought about this again now that I am more awake and its not really possible for plant to be male.
Females don't have a male chromosome.

They also don't sell regular seeds at Greenhouse, so it must be hermie or some other chromosomal disorder.

good luck

kro-magnon

Veteran
At day 13 of 12/12 there is only male pre-flower making a big pile of sacks and I think I see some male flowers in the lower buds so this plant is out of the box but not culled yet. It's really looking like a 100% male, not a single pistil on the whole plant at 13 days of 12/12. I don't know what happened but I'm pretty sure it's not a SLH seed I got, it was a single seed out of breeder pack so it could be anything from the tude stock. I really don't know if I gonna let it make some pollen to use it or make a ritual sacrifice. But I know it's the last time I buy a single seed out of breeder pack, lesson learned. I'll have to order 3 SLH seeds soon to see what's hiding inside.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Personally depends on ur run n how much u can keep vigilant eyes on it...u got small setup so it should be easy... me id kill it i don't let seed plants with ne issue survive... just saw where ur at... kill it...

kro-magnon

Veteran
Now I know it's a male 100%, a hermie would have thrown some pistil already but there is not a single one. I don't know what I've grown but it's not some SLH, It gonna get kill tonight as I don't want to use unknown pollen for crosses.
Thanks for your interest everybody.

Pro Headies

Veteran
Now I know it's a male 100%, a hermie would have thrown some pistil already but there is not a single one. I don't know what I've grown but it's not some SLH, It gonna get kill tonight as I don't want to use unknown pollen for crosses.

Good call id kill it to.

Pendleton

There's a reason why you hear it a lot on forums, wether you buy it or not matters not.

There's a lot of noise in an echo chamber.

I'd cull it, or perhaps segregate it and made a small out of seed. You might be walking away from a stellar cross, but I understand how annoying that "x Unknown" is on a bag or a tag.

Genghis Kush

I would try and make a small amount of seeds from it.
The universe gave you a gift.
There is a chance that is something good and the cross will produce something great.
plus you get free seeds that you can experiment with outdoor.

kro-magnon

Veteran
I have enough trusty regular seeds to play with when I want to make seeds. I've just started one of my crosses: Peyote Purple x Cannalope Haze and my next pollen chucking will be with a SkyLotus male from Bodhi seeds. The male I've found has nothing special so I see no reason to use it for seeds making.