What's new

Do Elite clones make good crosses???

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Well the pollen has been thrown.... Ima grow some out, not too worried about stabalyzing sumfa, if I find that special killer fire Ima make a million clones! :muahaha:

Last edited:

friction2k

I'll vote yes

heres a cross my buddy made on accident when a Mothership hermed in flower next to a GDP. we call it grandma:

22491gdpxmsmacro.jpg

22491gdpxmsbudshot1.jpg

22491gdpxmsbudshot2.jpg

22491gdpxmsbudshot3.jpg

C21H30O2

I have ridden the mighty sandworm.
Veteran
REZDOG said:
WRONG.
Simple Criteria for Smokers are: cannabinoid profile-based: taste,high plateau,psycho-reactivity,longevity of high,etc. etc.
For Growers: flower period,yield,smell,plant profile,clonability,et al.
What I stated is Absolutely 100% Correct.

Hell,you know better?
Redefine it,improved.

You can't.

Cheers!
i disagree show me a quantified list of traits that defines elite. i mean specific not something that another person can disagree on. I just got done taking a final on predicate logic so i know what is objective and subjective and im afraid your def was not objective. now you are right about the cannaboids if there were a way to easily know the cannaboid ratio of any given strain then we could define elite by way of cannaboid ratio or percentage. I think you would agree if you asked 100 experienced smokers what they consider elite you would get a 100 different list of course some exceptional strains will be on a majority of the lists but it is very unlikely that any two list would be identical. why? because it is a persons opinion. now his original question is "do elite clones make good crosses?" the problem with this question is that the answer will lie in whether or not the traits of said strain a recessive or dominate. He can get a more helpful answer (one that will actually assist him in his en devour) if he asks a question like "is extreme potency a recessive or dominate trait." of course it will not be the same for every strain but it may give him a general consensus so that he will know if he may potentially have to make further crosses beyond the F1 generation to achieve his goal. peace. :joint:

Eli Bloom

bro you're nitpicking...i think by "elite clones" he meant real good strains that you can't buy seeds for that everyone wants like bubba or og kush or whatever's the flavor of the week...chill out on that class a bit; maybe smoke a bowl. he could have been more specific by naming the strains he was thinking about using, but i think most folks on here have the same basic idea of what an "elite clone" is--even if that collective view is subjective.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Heres a list...

GET MO said:
'Elite'- Powerful clone-only breed, i.e. Grandaddy Purple, Strawberry cough, Purple Kush, OG Kush, GodBud, Headband, Sour d, Purple Urkel, The Purps, Bubba Kush, ect. ya catch my drift?

I added 2.

Last edited:

Eli Bloom

oh yeah--apparently i lost sight of that...well it would seem as though many people have had success with breeding these elite strains, most notably rez. i'm curious to see how those triple og kush X purple whatever turn out that just went up on the bay...i hope whoever won those posts pics...but yeah man, go for it!

REZDOG

Veteran
C21H30O2 said:
i disagree show me a quantified list of traits that defines elite.

Yeah,well,quit arguing fucking semantics.
(Fyi,you sound,God bless ya,like a college kid testing simple debate theory,and it's tiger-chases-tail but bites it's own balls,capish?)
I've been working with elite/heirloom cuttings for a living for quite a few years now,longer than anyone else I know,and with greater focus in breeding with them for-traits,so if anyone can give you a solid "definition" of "elites",you're talking at him.
(No ego,just simple facts.)
Now that we're Crystal Clear,let me reiterate:
I gave you a clear,quantified list,if you choose to ignore it,that's your prerogative,however absurd it might be.

Cheers!

G

from limited experience, makin a cross with any elite clone does not guarantee success. from what i see its all about how 2 lines combine. you can take the sourdeez cut and outcross it and it can turn out like shit, cross it with somethin else and ya get a winner.

the combinin ablility of 2 different lines is what its all about, and you wont know nothin untill ya do a few outcrosses and see how the clone combines with other lines.

G

Do Elite clones make good crosses?
:confused:
...only 1 way to tell...
:listen2:

:joint:

You won't know,til ya smoke it!

Cuzin_Dave

A lot of the so called elite clones are derived form rare phenotypes.If you are working with small populations it is almost a matter of luck getting something close to the original mum plant.