What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DJ Short's F-13,

Just thought i'd share some close ups of my F-13's. Cured 4 months in wax sealed jars.

Plant #11

Plant #07

Plant #11 Left, Plant#07 right

Plant #07 at 59 days flowering

Plant #07 at 82 days flowering (harvest)

budluvr

very nice GF..I am looking forward to starting my OLD Time Moonshine seeds next go round..thx beautiful pics and colors!! mmmmmmmmmm

illuminatus: I wish i could send you a nug

illuminatus: I wish i could send you a nug

But the world we live in today prevents that from being a reality. All the F-13's i have grown out have a real "day-brightener" straight-up sativa HIGH. but this pheno is ":woohoo: day-brightener X electricity :yoinks:" for lack of a tangible word. The other F-13's i have are great smoke for all day, head clear enough to contine on your planned tasks, with one hell of a smile on your face. The overwhelming "drop your lucid thoughts in a blender and hit liquidfy :bigeye:" effect this one has in addition to the expected F-13 buzz will leave you stuck where ever the joint was sparked up at. The perception change covers all seances, sight, sound, imagined and real body feelings. Near psychedelic in normal use amounts, and psychedelic as LSD if tying (in vein) to reach the celling of the high. the flavor is like hiney mixed with rose oil and it's carried thick in the resin smoke oils. i drank a liter of water and the flavor was still stuck to my inner checks. She's a keeper even though the yeild of this pheno is below avg (most F-13's yield avg to good) and the flowering time is a good 2 wks + more than her sisters.

Gangabiss

free your SELF
Veteran
That may just be the prettiest and also the nastiest (in a good way) plant I have ever seen.

Was #07 the only pheno that shows those characteristics? You may have just persuaded me to add this strain to my list.

Have you grown/smoked DJs Original Blueberry? If so how do the 2 strains compare?

Gangabis: Out of my 20 F-13's 07 was the only of this pheno

Gangabis: Out of my 20 F-13's 07 was the only of this pheno

And i have posted a few threads trying to find others who have had this pheno pop up in the garden, so far the feedback has shown me she is more of a jewel than i prev thought. However even if you don't encounter her pheno, the two main pheno's of F-13 aren't to far behind her in quality. DJ short out did himself with the F-13, If it was stock and i was a broker i'd be screaming BUY & HOLD. what ever your strain shoping list has on top move it down one and buy F-13 first.
As far as OB and F-13 compaired i haven'd grown OB but know fellow gardeners who have and are very happy with it. the DJ starins i have curently are F-13, Grape Krush and Flo. the OB will yield a bit better than F-13 but to compare them in any other aspect would be hard seance the OB is mostly indy and the 13 mostly sativa. So the destion would be a personal one based on... do you like indy's or sativa.

beautiful plant. very exotic and i cant wait to read the smoke report. just wondering, what is that written in sanskrit in the background?

holy fOOk~~!!! those budz look like f'n dredz duder!!!! that is the sweetest looking bud i've ever seen. all i have to say is.... rad. makes me wanna try some. i've never grown anything directly from the dj short seed co. :chin: i might have to now. choices choices... there's so many :confused:

Gangabiss

free your SELF
Veteran
Thanks for replying GF that's exactly what I wanted to know.

Peronally I could go either way. I do love a nice chatty, giggly sativa but my preference leans more towards the heavy eyed, stoned-to-the-bone indicas :D

Not sure if OB would fit a 'heavy' indica but from what I've read it is a quality high if not one of the best.

Thanks again man, DJ should be paying you commission for posting these pics here lol

peace

Gangabiss: OB's great, and by no means would i ....

Gangabiss: OB's great, and by no means would i ....

want to talk you out of it. Haveing not personaly grown it what i say should be taken with a grain of salt. The Grape Krush is a bit newer and not as "played out" as the Blueberry. OB's great and I enjoy it every time i come across the suckulent goodness, the reson i don't have it in my garden though, is everyone else does (atleast here in the Northwest). DJ opened a new window of posabilitys with the releace of Blueberry, never had a breeder hit the flavor a strain was designed for so dead on. The Grape Krush has very strong grape tones to both the smell and flavor, almost in the Shiraz wine range. not near as dead on as Blueberry in name=flavor/smell but it's new (if you weigh that in your destion maken at all) and one of the best quality indy stones i have experanced and i'm a sativa fan myself. GK's stone is a true indy eye's half shut stone, but not "boreing" like i find most indy stones. Playfull enough to please most sativa fans, stony enough to please all indy fans. Do whats best for you, just given my two cents worth. Grow for all the right resons, peace GF.

Gangabiss

free your SELF
Veteran
You just made the decision even harder lol

I guess I'm gonna have to search about and decide which one will best suite me...that GK does sound tempting though... :chin:

Much thanks for your detailed responses GF.

peace

G

Strange but BEAUTiful..

Talk about FOX tails geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez!!
Madussa blue,lavender fox,blue runabout???
Names i could come up with ahhhh violet victory!!

S

suckerrepellent

nice pheno

nice pheno

that is a gnarly pheno. i had always thought that the f13 was a MUCH faster flowering sativa. the research leans toward 50-60 days. that must be one potent delicious pheno! very sativa dominant of whatever the cross was. lookin forward to my run at this, only i hope its not such a long pheno! anyway, nice buds dude.

Sucker: don't worry, this gem seem rair.

Sucker: don't worry, this gem seem rair.

I've grown out a nice population of F-13's.... The two main pheno "classes" (there is just enough differance even within one of the F-13 pheno's that you can find the mother(s) that suit you best) can be chopped at 50-60 days... 60 is the soonest i'd chop atleast any that i've had, a 9 wk flower is what one should expect. and the yield is fair enough to go 1 wk more than indoor goal of 8 . the quality is out of this world, hardest part of growing out a full order of F-13 is desideing what few are to be kept as mothers..... (lots of group smoken with clipboard in hand... and i know everyone hate the hard work) if you do so happen to be cursed with a very long flowering pheno in your order.... lets just say it's not a curse.... and easyly worth the space one or two will take up for and extended time, for your own head stash. Grow for all the right reasons, Peace. GF

S

suckerrepellent

i wont be needing to select phenos cause mines coming via clone. kinda cool but i guess part of the fun is searching for that elusive perfect pheno. congrats again on the stellar nug.

D

dankiestog

how do u wax seal a jar...what kind of jars do u use...?? i hope my f13 comes out like that ...a true beast u got there...umm

Dankiestog: to answer your question..

Dankiestog: to answer your question..

A mason jar lid is made to self seal in the canning proses. This requires presure cooking or the likes, so to have a true air tight seal with a mason jar your would ruin your bud. I am unsure of to what extent the small amount of air/gas exchange that happens over time may play in the long term quality of cured nugs, when just turning the lit shut. so after the week or two of "burping" the jar (final faze of drying, i lid the jar's when i wake up.... take the lid's off when i go to sleep. this helps a even and slow dry while evaperateing the last cuple % of mosture befor long term cure/storage) I melt some candle wax and "paint" a few layers of wax around the seam of the lid/jar seal. I'm trying some cure's with differnt ways of expeling the air prior to sealing. the one i just started i placed a "stomper" marble size chunk of dry ice at the bottom, making sure it wasn't to close to any nugs and put the lid on, slightly lose. Dry ice is co2 and expands many times it's volume when it returns to it's gas state. heavier than air it (should) lift the air out as it takes over the volume of the jar. tighten lid. seal seam with wax. and wala..... no O2 to degrade the THC.... will it work? i have a control jar right next to it harvested same time, same plant, that didn't get the co2 purge. have to wait a few months and sample them side by side. ...... Thanks for the question,
Grow for all the right reasons, Peace. GF

D

dankiestog

sounds fun....keep me posted on ur results....sounds like it will work..the dry ice wont dry the nuggs out to much will it...?? very cool..