What's new

DJ Short Blueberry...Rare Dankness OG Ghost Train Haze # 1

Golden Tree

Great question buddy.....

I run through a HUGE amount of beans per year...and have been at this for a long time....I know what I like and know what I'm looking for long before the seed is germinated.....

Especially with well known....heavily copied originals such as JH.....I've experienced real old school JH....and currently still possess the Original Sensi stock....so the Fannies Jack situation was even easier than most selections...however let's say mid flower I had a very special looking fannies plant....well then I'd have to wait to experience her effect before I finalize as keeper or not.......so she would be earmarked....and her clone kept...see I DO clone a copy of EVERYTHING....just in case...and as stated above has helped me prevent a loss of a plant who's smoke effect surprised me...but I'm USUALLY BANGON!

I pheno hunt....I really only care about effect......but have also been doing this long enough to pick out that special potent plant usually before smoking it...most have telltale signs...MOST...but again I'm sure I've misssed one maybe one...lol...but not many more...lol

See...if a plant has very little ODOR....very little trichome development...lacks greasiness when rubbed....chances are...I dont want her anyway....as she missing the very usual standard markers of what I like in cannabis...(so if a plant grew shitty...had zero smell...no trichomes or decreased...no grease)..not interested...

Another great example is Mikado.....5 plants look fantastic....so what do I do?...well I know before I started I was looking for a Raspberry pheno....found 2...but one is really awesone....so both will be cured than smoked than I'll decide....but the other 3 sexy ladies...well they look so good...and unlike fannies....I rarley see Mikado versions...so the other 3 will also be smoked before kept or tossed...

I feel it comes down to knowledge and experience with LOTS of dif cannabis plants and varieties....and WHAT you like and are looking for...

If I waited to sample EVERY plant before reducing numbers I'd need a few new homes....

It's all about utilizing your space and skill set.....but in theory you make a great point....(one I apply MOST of the time)

Hope that helps....

Respects

Be well

Buddy

When I run my own seeds for selecting...I'll run 50+...and many get tossed during week 5-6 flower as I'm looking ONLY for stellar exceptional plants....and if their are 20 structurally resinous monsters...and 10 average...well the 10 average are out before they finish...to make room for other potential stellar exceptional plants....

Cheers buddy

I find when you run...make... buy...gift...trade...test...LOTS lots of seeds....they kinda lose their hype....your focus starts to shift more to the BEST plants...not that you spent 100$ and want to get the MOST out of your money....I want the BEST out of the seeds...and that takes numbers....oh...and being very ruthless....something im not in any other area of my life....lol

You also start learning how shitty the seed business is...how most spend All their time and effort in fake advertising....or don't grow out their seeds before being released....

Zapadra

Sounds solid to me GT! Really agree with making the most of your own space and skill set! Nice looking JH, but nothing close to the Mikado. Fannies had me for a while, lost my confidence after a couple of runs though...

you can't grow em all though ;)

Lovely work GT, as always!

Much respect

Golden Tree

Cheers Zap....(good dude)....

Mikado went down last night.....so much fun trimming with friends and edibles....God what fun!!!

Fellas....this has been the surprise seed run of 2015 in the GT relm...

What a nice selection of Females....5 outstanding ladies in one pack...narrowed down to 3....now we...wait.....dry...cure...smoke...decide.....(it's gonna be tough)..

2 excellent heavy leaning federation Raspberry phenos....one outstanding in smell...and the taller....larger internode spaced OG smelling pheno....or more Kush smelling lady...very purple....awesomeness!

Here we go you sexy freaks....

3rdEye

Alchemical Botanist
Veteran
Not much else to say but good job. Again :D Watching you makes my thumbs feel greener. thanks for sharing

OZZ_

Veteran
What the shit!?? All I ever hear is that DJs BB is crap these days- those look great, certainly worth trying. Maybe I'll grab a pack and let them Open pollinate.

Are those beans recent stock??

Golden Tree

Brother.....you would NEVER hear me complain about DJs BB.....

AMAZING......ALLLLLL the time......

It's usually someone growing knockoffs....or only one plant....or they lack the skills to dial her in....as she does require SOME growing knowledge...and I can't recommend enough....ORGANICS!!!!

Go get'em brother....you won't be disappointed!

Muchlove and respects friend....

Good luck....HAPPY HUNTING!!

GT

Golden Tree

Wish I could give you my 2 keeper DJ ladies I've had for some time.....but they are easy to find in his BB line....;)

Neither of those two were kept....but are just common examples of what you'll find in 1 pack....with Organics...

Rock it brother

GT

Ph-patrol

Veteran
You have it going on here Golden tree.
Every thing looks grown right.
Your Hazemans Mikado defiantly caught my Eye and interest.
It seems to be a federation seeds Mikado made into a f2 by Hazeman from what I looked at.No lineage beyond being listed as a indica with a quick finish time.Looks like a very Nice Med. :yummy:
Now On my hit list
Some Sexy lady's.:tiphat:

OZZ_

Veteran
Wish I could give you my 2 keeper DJ ladies I've had for some time.....but they are easy to find in his BB line....;)

Neither of those two were kept....but are just common examples of what you'll find in 1 pack....with Organics...

Rock it brother

GT

I wish you could too!! Lol.... Just checked the 'tude and looks like they are out of DJs BB. They have the true BB in but yours are just the straight BB right?

Btw I'm all organic all the time, all the way. My worm bins are rocking night and day. No worries there!

Golden Tree

Lol...cheers awesome dude!

Yes...original Blueberry.....;)

Lololo!

I have two home vermicomposters!

I love my worms!!

Cheers PH....yeah not a lot of info...Ive looked all over to...
Thanks for dropping by friend...be well!

Here is a dry...precured Raspberry Pheno Hazemans Mikado...

This one was the closest....Great job Hazeman!!

Be well good dudes

GT

Latest posts

Latest posts