What's new

DIY Undercurrent system

R

RMCG

yes im water cooling the lights with a icebox its sitting right under the light blowing nice cool air up cooling the room and the light.. i can definitely lower the light down to the plant height. this is my first vertical so all advice welcomed thx Narutonut

Explain that?

'Icebox' is a name for a commercial product typically used on horizontal lights, essentially a radiator on the input/output of hoods.

Are you just blowing cooled/cold air up to your lights?

Nothing wrong with that, just not the same as this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0uRrMvfucY

R

RMCG

I'd say 42" before the flip to 12/12

Here is the bottom of one of my 48" ladies 16 days into flower
picture.php

I also agree on the light cooling and moving up and down and side to side as already posted.

Peace, :joint:

42"? damn.

Strain dependent.

If you get something that stretches x 2, he would be in trouble...

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
42"? damn.

Strain dependent.

If you get something that stretches x 2, he would be in trouble...

I'm well into year six with my Purple Kushes. I've found that they stretch 2 or 3x if I filp them at 36" or less but if I flip at bigger than 3' then they only double in size. My screen is at 48" and the light about a foot above that. I'll be spreading the ladies out so they don't grow into the light, but large trees lead to large high quality problems. It is so much easier to trim large buds and it is easy as pie to get large buds from trees.

Again I say veg them to 42" and then 12/12. Especially because he only has 4 plants. Even if that doubles in size it still won't hit his 8 foot ceiling and his bulb(s) are vert.

TND

Be sweet if you did a DIY guide for this undercurrent system...=)

well since it already together it would be hard to do but what i can do is put together a list of the stuff you will need and what i did hope that can help give me a sec will have it up for u

TND

Nice set up, I've considered water cooling myself, it seems to answer so many problems with cooling in a closed environment.
What size chiller are you using? And are you happy with it?

yeah it gets hot here in the summer and i was kind of sold because of the high temps i was getting in my room in the summer i use a water cooled fresca sol works great the cooler months the icebox

i have a 1/4 size chiller works great especially with larger rez

TND

Explain that?

'Icebox' is a name for a commercial product typically used on horizontal lights, essentially a radiator on the input/output of hoods.

Are you just blowing cooled/cold air up to your lights?

Nothing wrong with that, just not the same as this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0uRrMvfucY

its the same idea just that the light hung vertically and your blowing the cool air from the icebox straight up at the bulb its just not contained in a reflector thus keeping the room at a cooler temp when the lights are on... so really its the same thing your reducing the radiant heat from off the bulb cooling the room... at least it works for me.

TND

I'm well into year six with my Purple Kushes. I've found that they stretch 2 or 3x if I filp them at 36" or less but if I flip at bigger than 3' then they only double in size. My screen is at 48" and the light about a foot above that. I'll be spreading the ladies out so they don't grow into the light, but large trees lead to large high quality problems. It is so much easier to trim large buds and it is easy as pie to get large buds from trees.

Again I say veg them to 42" and then 12/12. Especially because he only has 4 plants. Even if that doubles in size it still won't hit his 8 foot ceiling and his bulb(s) are vert.

i agree 100 percent with you Hydrosun

N

narutonut

Hydro sun is dead on the money. You want 4 bushes as big as you reasonably can to surround that light.

TND

back

back

hey whats up everyone,well i went out of town for a few days for T's bday had a ball in sunny miami but of course when you think everything is set up for a few days excursion it isnt auauuuurrghghgh!!! my float for the reservior wasnt set right so it was not getting any add back water and it thru my PH off badly it was 7.6 when i got home.

As you can see in the pics i had some nuteburn so i brought the Ph down im really thinking i might just change out the water since its been like that for about 6 days high ph that is..

Anyway i got that wort chiller for the rez check out the pic my rez is a cool 68 degrees now and no copper contacts..

any input is appreciated. thx

Attachments

• DSC00802.jpg
    DSC00802.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC00801.jpg
    DSC00801.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC00800.jpg
    DSC00800.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC00797.jpg
    DSC00797.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 8

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
68 degrees is perfect. It looks like the babies took some stress but will still live. Also it looks like you have a red HPS bulb going there. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my blue Ushio HPS. Veg in blue so you see the buds in flower.

Also I like to change my veg nutes often, but your RDWC looks great so I bet a little PH down and check the PPM to see if they need food and all is well.

TND

Thx Hydrosun im googling that bulb now.

Hydrosun i have a question being this is my first rdwc/uc grow, ive read that my ppms dont need to be that high for this type of grow and i know you have done a uc grow sooo...about what range did your ppms stay in for the different growth changes? i know it varies just trying to get a idea of where i should be at. thx again!

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
I am a kush grower and my kushes like higher PPM. I have run some other strains recently and they are a lot more tricky and like less nutes. If I had a bigger plant like yours I'd be vegging her at around 700 PPM 400 PPM for the smaller one, but here is the secret. I take my babies from the nursery and throw them straight into veg with the 700+PPM. Super Lemon Haze hated this much food so she got chopped up and thrown into the cloner, that'll teach her not to let her roots go bad.

I try to push them to the redline in veg and get just a slight tip burn on the leaves. For me that means feeding at around 750PPM and having a tank with 750PPM connected to the epicenter. I have my 8 kushes at 810PPM this morning and they love it.

TND

thats what im growing some masterkush and violatorkush but thanks i get what your saying about putting them girls right in from the nursery im following your lead.

I'm going to drain my system and start with a fresh batch of nutes around 500ppm and see how they react thanks for the tips Hydrosun and i have that bulb on the way let you know what i think when it gets in.

TND

68 degrees is perfect. It looks like the babies took some stress but will still live. Also it looks like you have a red HPS bulb going there. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my blue Ushio HPS. Veg in blue so you see the buds in flower.

Also I like to change my veg nutes often, but your RDWC looks great so I bet a little PH down and check the PPM to see if they need food and all is well.

Hydrosun got that blue Ushio bulb today put it in this morning and a hour and half in on light and the girls are standing tall reaching for the light..just wanted to say thx for the tip, Happy Holidays!!

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
I am so glad your ladies are showing immediate improvement! Cost is nothing when we see how happy it makes our babies. They will more than reward you for your love.

Latest posts

Latest posts