What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tutorial DIY STS Mixing/Using Guide for Feminized Pollen/Seeds R.C.Clarke Method as Base

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
It looks nice but I need it to be more then just ornamental. :)

I have read your posts where you said that you pick off the first male flowers. Would you care to share why you do this?
I generally cut branches off and place them in a draft free place. Picking off the early flowers prevents early pollen release while the majority of the flowers are still forming.

Also do you think I will still get some pollen bearing male flowers on this branch? If not, what would you suggest I had done differently?

I have somehow a feeling you know what is going to happen. But that you don't want be a spoiler. Or am I just hoping? :)
The branch in the photo? That would depend on the genetics. How long does the strain produce new flowers during physical bulking?

I'd let it go without spraying and see what happens. Dry and gently grind the 'no-pollen' flowers. Try it on a female and you may be surprised it gets pollinated. :)

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
LSD-25 Auto Fem reversed with STS

LSD-25 Auto Fem reversed with STS

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The plant started to reveg so I pulled a seeds that was splitting it's calyx and looked somewhat brown. It has a little maturation to go but I'm attempting to pop the seed anyway. Just to see.

I know, I know.... someone told me it's not a true auto if it's revegging. Big deal. I have way worse sins. lol. This is plant that has been growing under 24/7 since christmas. I'm gonna let her go as long as she lives.

With all the pollen sacs and a lack of pistils (that I could see) I thought it would be barren. But nope... lots of seeds under those male flowers.

George

Tychomonolyth; I think this is the perfect place to ask, see Cvh is willing to share. Your testicle comment was funny but watch out, douglas.curtis might call you childish on that one. I know I would but Im not here to throw insults and making bogus analogy. I thought I had anger issues, maybe Im not that bad after all ;).Neways Im out, ill be back to see if more people share their experience in the future because making seeds using STS is only half the battle. Sorry If I offended, twas not my intention.
The other half of that equation is actually breeding LOL

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Sounds like a good idea to collect the fallen off flowers.
Did you dry them out a bit and grinded them or did you put them directly into a bag?

How did you then proceed to pollinate a plant? Simply put the bag over a branch?

Thanks for the advice. :)

I just kept he bag open and exposed to the air. I didn't grind them or sift anything. I didn't want to spread the little pollen it had.

Putting the bag over the branch works for me. I bend the branch over so I don't have to dump the pollen bag upside down. I do the same as you're do to any nice girl. Bend her over, slide the bag over her, pinch the bag so you don't lose everything and give her a really good shake.

On my bigger plants, and with visible pollen in the bag, and after the shake, I slipped the bag over the colas and stroked the donkey dicks like I was collecting for the stud farm. lol. Got 12k+ valid seeds out of her.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Tychomonolyth; I think this is the perfect place to ask, see Cvh is willing to share. Your testicle comment was funny but watch out, douglas.curtis might call you childish on that one. I know I would but Im not here to throw insults and making bogus analogy. I thought I had anger issues, maybe Im not that bad after all ;).Neways Im out, ill be back to see if more people share their experience in the future because making seeds using STS is only half the battle. Sorry If I offended, twas not my intention.

I apologize. I went out to my site without a coffee two hours after I usually do in the mornings and had a serious security event. Can't go back between 5am and 1am anymore (preferably only at 3am). So it's now a nite site with about 500 plants in the ground. That's what happens when you don't listen to your gut and break your own protocols.

btw, I don't have anger issues, I'm old. lol

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I always heard that you could clone an auto, but wasn't much point because they would all still bloom at same time. One and done.
But I had no idea you could reveg an auto.

I heard that too. The clone remembers where it is in the life cycle. I've never seen this either, but I've always pulled it once I harvested it.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If it's F5 generation with no back crossing to keep it a stable auto (recessive genes), then it could be reverting back to photoperiod.

If it's Fast Bud, Lester has a great photo of a tall mutant....not even a bud on a stick..... more like a booger on a stick. He, I and others did a TEST grow I think 2 summers ago with Fast Buds. Pathetic. Mine hermied and no way was it even remotely "Gorilla Glue". Tangi'matic....it was ok, but saw only a few nanners towards the end. Tasted ok, nothing to write home about it. Gave it a 5/10 for potency.

Although you can revert photos back....even re-vegging, it's never the same robust plant. Good for cloning (photoperiod).....but it's v-e-r-y difficult to clone an auto or have the same vigor as the original plant.

Last edited:

Cvh

Supermod
Quick update:

I think I might got some pollen.

I was collecting the fallen off flowers as suggested by TychoMonolyth. I then shook the branch (the one in the previous posted pictures) to shake of more flowers. While shaking I immediately noticed that a small amount of dust was collecting on my hand and also flying into the air.

I also shook different untreated branches to compare the difference and to insure it wasn't regular dust but these gave no dust.

I'm not 100% about this all, but it's definitely a positive sign.

:)

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Quick update:

I think I might got some pollen.

I was collecting the fallen off flowers as suggested by TychoMonolyth. I then shook the branch (the one in the previous posted pictures) to shake of more flowers. While shaking I immediately noticed that a small amount of dust was collecting on my hand and also flying into the air.

I also shook different untreated branches to compare the difference and to insure it wasn't regular dust but these gave no dust.

I'm not 100% about this all, but it's definitely a positive sign.

:)
I'm 100% positive it's pollen, unless for some strange reason you have mold sporulating at the same time for some reason? ;)

Congrats! :D

Cvh

Supermod
I'm 100% positive it's pollen, unless for some strange reason you have mold sporulating at the same time for some reason? ;)

Congrats! :D

It is pollen! I examined more closely today. No doubt about it.

I think I also can see the first signs of pollination. I'm seeing receding and discoloring hairs. I tried to capture it on camera. I hope you guys can see it as well.

Strain: Power Plant
Current date: 29/05/2019
Start from seed: 10/04/2019 (broke the surface of the soil on this day)
12/12: 24/04/2019
STS (every 5-7 days): start from 04/05/2019 until 18/05/2019 (the branch shown in the previously posted pictures, other branches received different treatments).

Remarks: yesterday 28/05/2019 first signs of possible pollen release were noticed. Today 29/05/2019 positive conformation of pollen formation and release.
Second remark, today 29/05/2019 first possible signs of pollination were noticed.

Possible pollination:
picture.php

Pollen evidence:
picture.php

picture.php

(My apologies for the blurry pictures).

Latest posts

Latest posts