What's new

DIY led questions

GoeRilla

Sounds good.
I think i will get some. They are easy to get for me in Europe and both cheap and effektive.
You can also get holder and lens for them but it´s 5eur each so the same price as the cob i think about.

Rilla.

Dion

NICHIA Led's are the most efficient i've found. 156 Lumen per watt. They are also cheap, and the plants love them. I mix cold and warm white...

Now i stick the led's on the sink and solder them, it's way more simple...

But now all my tents are led's lighted so what will i do next ? For friends ? (joke)

which model? i remember the nichia loosing efficiency fast as the current increased

what current are you running them at to get 156l/w?

sounds good

Dion

I use the NICHIA serie 8 at 400 mA and the 066 but it's less efficient.

cxb3590 is 172l per watt at normal current

even the cxb2540 can get better than nichia numbers

if u bought if off led tech.de double check the model number-they list the top bin specs in the description but thats not the chips they sell(at leats on the cxa3070s they had)

Kushron

Eureka!

Eureka!

hi, i see a lot of questions around the forums about drivers, i just wanna say choosing the driver is super simple.

take total volts(not watts, volts) of your leds
e.g. 12v led, 4 of them= 4x12=48

then decide the current you want based on what the manufacturers suggest

e.g. 640mA(thats .64 amps)

ok so i need a driver that will push 48 v at 650mA

the driver's amps will change to whatever your leds need as long as it is within range
so here we could use a 36-52v driver @649mA(or a 32-70v@640mA or...etc)

the current needs to be constant voltage is a bit more flexible, your led spec sheet shoudl also indicate what voltage the led will consume at what mA

eg 36v@1400mA 41v@2000mA etc cree lists these, most companies you can just figure it out if it says "10-11v 500-600mA then at 580mA you will pull aprox 10.8v)

basically totall voltage of all the leds you want to run off the driver and the ampage is all you need to know

let me know if i need to explain that better
I know this is an old post but so many people feel the threads with jargon and sometimes you just need a straight forward answer that can cut out all the BS like this one please continue to post valuable information I've watched video upon video just looking for a simple break down like this. I mean once you've decided the size of your room and how many watts you want you just need to figure out how to piece everything together and you provided a very simple Outlet

Latest posts

Latest posts