What's new

DIY harvester

soil margin

Veteran
Cool idea for sure but I feel like I could have trimmed that bud faster by hand than he did in the video using the machine.

Guess not everyone enjoys carpal tunnel though.

Nice! I also use a home made trimmer with success. Trimmed 5.5# in a day with the help of a few friends breaking things down into trimmer sized pieces.

Julf2.jpg

And dried and cured

hBy9f.jpg

Kroggi

Hey again naturall.

Looking forward to see how the pricing for the whole trimmer will land with us, as those trimpro boxes is pretty darn pricey :/ Well any trimmer to correct my self...

The idea for the motor to be placed on top, actually came from a friend. He said, and i quote: " Why place the motor benieth? You will never use the center point anyways, and if u do succeed to place the motor under it, consider leaf material in the motor"... And i was like... Huh, the fucker actually got a point :p So, mounted it on top, and things just fit together pretty good.

BrosephStalin, id love to see how it works, as in what motor u used, how u mounted it etc ? If possible

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dude you GOTTA MARKET A KIT OR finished product.....this thing rocks. I Ned one too for my old hands.

naturall_mystic

Hi again Kroggi. You friend made some good points. THe motor I use is sealed so plant material isn't a problem. Also since the design is simple so is break down for cleaning. Loosen four screws and grab some isopropyl alcohol and wipe down.

I didn't mention this before but the grid on this thing is 12" in diameter so there is lots of room for two people and room for large buds.

Soil Margin, I can tell you from experience that using the machine is both faster and mush easier on the hands. At least my old hands. The harvest was something I really dreaded as my hands would cramp.

megayields I am working on it. I may be able offer a kit. Should have an answer pretty soon.