What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DIY Autopot?

DTW allows me to feed full strength clean nutes every feed and it allows me to do crop Steering and spoon feeding, both Techniques far too advanced for an autopot
lol

ever tried using any of the autopot accesoiries ?
the humidity dome ... the VALVE ??!?!?
if you give every plant a valve , you can do whatever you want .

Aspenou812

Veteran
lol

ever tried using any of the autopot accesoiries ?
the humidity dome ... the VALVE ??!?!?
if you give every plant a valve , you can do whatever you want .
It’s not worth the gimmick… at the very best it’s a wicking hydroponic system, the least efficient of all hydroponics.. you couldn’t flush plants in place without flooding the tray, can’t spoon feed without flooding the tray, it’s simply far too limited design Auto pots work and that the accessories help but still can’t overcome the limitations of the system

Aspenou812

Veteran
I will let y’all do your own research most of what you find isn’t crop steering look up Harley Smith and Slownickle crop steering The NPK total nutrition classes are a great learning guide. Crop Stering is nutrition based around calcium calcium as a missing ingredient and 99% of grow operations one element that you just about can’t get around and it’s not all about having a couple drops of calcium here and there no it’s way more complicated that dosing a little cal mag if you’ll learn the art you’ll never go back to the way you were doing it and your plants will reward you with the heaviest and dankest plants imaginable….

It’s not worth the gimmick… at the very best it’s a wicking hydroponic system, the least efficient of all hydroponics.. you couldn’t flush plants in place without flooding the tray, can’t spoon feed without flooding the tray, it’s simply far too limited design Auto pots work and that the accessories help but still can’t overcome the limitations of the system

you turn the valve to off , go to work/sleep , and then u can topfeed as much as you want ....

Aspenou812

Veteran
Try researching Dynamic Accumulators
Stop trynna sound important/smart with hard words lol .

In my days we'd call that Feeding .
Anyway… autopots still suck and are very limited as far as hydroponics goes, when or if you ever figure out that a Calcium based feed schedule is better for plants than a NPK based feed schedule maybe you’ll figure out crop steering because that is the difference… somehow I doubt you’ll ever make it that far… have a lovely day….

kingape

Anyway… autopots still suck and are very limited as far as hydroponics goes, when or if you ever figure out that a Calcium based feed schedule is better for plants than a NPK based feed schedule maybe you’ll figure out crop steering because that is the difference… somehow I doubt you’ll ever make it that far… have a lovely day….
Hey!

Anywhere I can read about crop steering?
I get the importance of Ca, but slownickel's thread is huge and hard to follow through

Aspenou812

Veteran
Hey!

Anywhere I can read about crop steering?
I get the importance of Ca, but slownickel's thread is huge and hard to follow through
Yes you can take the Harley Smith NPK industry’s Total Nutrition Classes, once you complete that SlowNickles thread will make more sence and become much easier to follow, you’ll need probe ec and ph meters for media and a good Brix meter you’ll be testing and recording data points everywhere so you can to make adjustments like I said before it’s labor intensive compared to the normal NPK feeding schedules found on the side of bottles… It’s New Science and will push your plants like you couldn’t imagine. I’ve been following and applying this Science for about 5 years and can say honestly it not a fancy term for 12/12 or feeding its not a fancy word salad that makes ya sound some way….it’s new Science a different and new way to feed plants all together… A different way to look at growing and plant health… Now that I have gotten my head around it my root system are about double the size stems are stronger the plants root faster and have much stronger more developed structures the leaves are thicker and packed with pectin instead of water so pest and plant disease are basically non existent most importantly the quality will blow your mind and your harvest weight will almost double what you could do with an NPK based feed schedule…. When I was on a Status quo cool with most growers NPK feeding schedule I could only get about 20% of my plants to truly show there Genetic Potential now about 90% of my plants get to that point easily if your passionate about growing and open minded you’ll be amazed and rewarded with a quality most growers will never see!!!

Last edited:

kingape

Yes you can take the Harley Smith NPK industry’s Total Nutrition Classes, once you complete that SlowNickles thread will make more sence and become much easier to follow, you’ll need probe ec and ph meters for media and a good Brix meter you’ll be testing and recording data points everywhere so you can to make adjustments like I said before it’s labor intensive compared to the normal NPK feeding schedules found on the side of bottles… It’s New Science and will push your plants like you couldn’t imagine. I’ve been following and applying this Science for about 5 years and can say honestly it not a fancy term for 12/12 or feeding its not a fancy word salad that makes ya sound some way….it’s new Science a different and new way to feed plants all together… A different way to look at growing and plant health… Now that I have gotten my head around it my root system are about double the size stems are stronger the plants root faster and have much stronger more developed structures the leaves are thicker and packed with pectin instead of water so pest and plant disease are basically non existent most importantly the quality will blow your mind and your harvest weight will almost double what you could do with an NPK based feed schedule…. When I was on a Status quo cool with most growers NPK feeding schedule I could only get about 20% of my plants to truly show there Genetic Potential now about 90% of my plants get to that point easily if your passionate about growing and open minded you’ll be amazed and rewarded with a quality most growers will never see!!!
Do you do hydro?
Can you list out the ppm's you give