What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DIY Aero Cloner the EZ-Cloner Replica in 10 Easy Steps!

G

thanks cremater, i got sick of leaky rubbermaids too, plus i can see roots thru the little window, ive added an airstone and am getting roots in 5-6 days, 100 percent, no leaf stress whatsoever, 12" fishbone roots in 10 days, ive tossed all my bubblecloners, domes, and rockwool cubes in the dumpster, cloning is no longer a hassle, no stress, no hormones, just lots of roots, peace

RM - aquagrower

i made one of these a while back using a 5 gal sterilite. my solution for the leaking was to pop a few 2" holes on the bottom of the 5 gal tub, and put the whole thing INSIDE of a 10 gal sterilite tub.

they fit together pretty well, and leaks are no longer possable. for storage between uses, i just put the lid on the 10 gal tub, and it blends right in.

Bonzo

Veteran
Bout time this was stickied, woooo hoooo!!!!! Awesome unit, easy to understand assembly pics and text. Most important this thing WORKS!!!!

PEACE

bonz

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nam myoho renge kyo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

G

Mine works great. I have it down now after my second run. The key for me was getting an aquarium heater for a tank twice the size of my res. It's got a thermostat so it's set it and forget it. 2 weeks later the roots explode.

senseless

i wanted to add how important it is that all your sprayers point in the same direction. i diddnt know this at first so i put them all on randomy and i didnt have as good spray coverage as i do now.

hogwild

that only applies if you actually use ezclone sprayers but yes they should all be facing the right direction, if your using rotary sprinklers it doesnt matter

G

mine are all diff directions and i cant imagine it working much better

jorge

Anyone have a line on those 360 degree sprayers? I'm not getting even coverage and I've tried tweaking it a couple times.

jorge

A link would work. A name of a company could also help. A line means a connection like a phone line I guess. Might be an old term. I'm sure I picked it up from my family not my education.

jorge

Oh, I almost forgot why I came here again. I've got a question for a pro. What would be the ideal time to pull'em from the cloner? Any pics? Ez-cloner and other models I'm sure it doesn't matter. What is optimal for this type of system so they could be transplanted into 4" rockwool cubes with minicubes as a filling?

gr33nthumb

I've seen one person talk about rooting clones in an aero cloner and then transplanting them into soil, does anyone else do this? What would be the best way, and would too many roots make it too difficult to safely transplant?

G

gr33nthumb said:
I've seen one person talk about rooting clones in an aero cloner and then transplanting them into soil, does anyone else do this? What would be the best way, and would too many roots make it too difficult to safely transplant?

I use a bubble cloner which produces similar results as an aero and I grow in soil. It is rather easy to transplant them, just dig a hole in the soil large enough to fit the roots, then cover them up with more soil. Works every time :D

guerilla

G

Pseudo:
How much water do you use in the 10 gallon aquarium? And is your spray heads about 6" below the Clone stems as with the other cloners seen on this thread? Do you use cloneing solution? Do you leave it on for 24/7? Under how much light?
YOUR UNIT LOOKS GREAT!!!!

Latest posts

Latest posts