What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DIY Aero Cloner the EZ-Cloner Replica in 10 Easy Steps!

B4O2N0G

What kind of light do you guys use for the top of your aerocloner?

I accidentally put all my clones in the aerocloner under a 4 foot t5 light two feet away and it really stressed out my clones and finally after i turned off 2 of the 4 t5 lights i am now seeing rooting but it seems the roots are not growing anymore or if they are very slowly.

Has anyone had problems with there clones rooting a little bit but not continuing to root further.

my ph has been 5.3-6.2 and water temp 73-80

The only thing different i did this time was ph my water to 6.0 and i added Dutch master gold zone to prevent bad bacteria growth.I feel like the gold zone might be the problem and slowing my root growth for some reason?

oc_grower

What kind of light do you guys use for the top of your aerocloner?

I accidentally put all my clones in the aerocloner under a 4 foot t5 light two feet away and it really stressed out my clones and finally after i turned off 2 of the 4 t5 lights i am now seeing rooting but it seems the roots are not growing anymore or if they are very slowly.

Has anyone had problems with there clones rooting a little bit but not continuing to root further.

my ph has been 5.3-6.2 and water temp 73-80

The only thing different i did this time was ph my water to 6.0 and i added Dutch master gold zone to prevent bad bacteria growth.I feel like the gold zone might be the problem and slowing my root growth for some reason?

I have never ph'd the water. I have had very high success rate 92-95 %. I wouldn't do it but I think it is important to keep the water temp down 60-70, if it is possible. That being said how warm is the air temp inside the cloner? When that is hot it will mess up your plants. I would guess that the T-5's were warming up the air in the rez and hindering your root development.

KingRalph

I have never ph'd the water. I have had very high success rate 92-95 %. I wouldn't do it but I think it is important to keep the water temp down 60-70, if it is possible. That being said how warm is the air temp inside the cloner? When that is hot it will mess up your plants. I would guess that the T-5's were warming up the air in the rez and hindering your root development.

Absolutely, hence why a thermometer, anything, I just used that cheap meat thermometer for ease and simple visibility, that actually measures the root "zone" instead of the water temp is actually the more important number.

the water temp really only matters as far as being concerned about bad bacteria taking hold in higher temperatures. hence why I never pH'd (because that slight amount of chemical or even citric acid, will do more harm than any good and the "stems" don't seem to care too much, within reason.

that dutch master gold zone is a no-go, or at least if you really want to go the sterile route, you really need to go lab-clean sterile and a little bit of hydrogen peroxide will get you as far as that expensive dutch master stuff. that's why I actually went with the hydro beneficial bacteria, just a small amount, and it needs time to colonize, too much and you will get sludgy stems bad for rooting.

also, you don't really need much light at all for the clones. remember, they don't have any feet yet.

peace n green thumbs all.

gardener60

I take it that the hot glue was used to prevent the net cups from falling into the rez. For a 2" net cup, cut the hole 1 7/8" and you do not have to worry about the cup falling in. The same with the 3" net cup, cut the hole 2 7/8 just my 2 cents. I'm just a novice.

RuralRoute420

?

?

when i was in lowe's looking for a drill bit, an 11/32 drill bit is way bigger than the 10/32 tap that i did buy instead. was this a misprint or was i simply just too high???? this gives you the nice threaded hole.

Drunk_Unicorns

when i was in lowe's looking for a drill bit, an 11/32 drill bit is way bigger than the 10/32 tap that i did buy instead. was this a misprint or was i simply just too high???? this gives you the nice threaded hole.

The 10 32 tap isn't 10/32", so you were right in just getting the tap. The one I bought at Lowes yesterday came with a drill bit. There's no size on it, but I'm guessing about 3/16".

Drunk_Unicorns

I've been having trouble with cloning because I'm kinda new, so I decided to try something different. I found an Aerogarden 3 at a thrift store, but it didn't have any of those little netpots so I used some 3/4" pipe foam insulation by cutting a small circle of foam and wrapping around the cutting. They wilted a bit the first day and one of them was pretty bad this morning but has since bounced back.

UCwAJC.jpg

But my cat still has doubts about the Aerogarden, so he has started on an 18 gallon, 35 site cloner on his own.

ld7dBs.jpg

Drunk_Unicorns

Well, my cat works faster than I do. He finished off the cloner already!

t3EtOw.jpg

And sprayer manifold seems to be spraying.

3mkt7K.jpg

We'll see how it works, I may have to buy someone a shopping cart full of cat toys.

Papapot

Very nice KR!! Love it bro! By the way i use the red EZ clone misters, ill get ya a link where to get em harry.

peace

bonz

this thing works like a charm but i gotta get a regular flat lid, this dome thingy is prone to leaking, i have to use weather stripping to keep it water tight and it also limits the amount of cuts. Same deal though, pvc,some misters, a pump and wooo hoooo man roots in 5 to 10 days, temps about 71 to 75.

[URL=http://www.icmag.com/gallery/data/500/2814DSCF5055-thumb.JPG]View Image[/url]
Hey where did you get that lid from?

jmk18

@kingralph I know this is an old thread but I know its a day so... Anyways I bought one online crappy oxyclone one .it broke. So I'm trying to build one. I got everything constructed perfect but every beams of rub leaks where you put on the list..rubermaid an cheaper ones both do. Do u no any brands that happen to don't leak? How about the heavy duty ones.

LostTribe

Premium user
I just got my first roots going and this this runs like a charm! Saved my Headband and SFV cuts that were nearly goners.

Anyone add anything to the rez other than tap water? I had someone tell me to avoid the brown slime to add 5 grams pool shock to 1 gallon water and then add that to the rez at 6ml/gallon....

I put a bit of peroxide in today....

LostTribe

Premium user
I read back a bit that this guy maybe named pseudo adds EWC to a stocking to prevent squishy brown stems and that he also added a snorkel to allow fresh air to get in I think....I know the expensive cloner has a pc fan attached to keep it cool.

Another simply suggests a 15on/15off minute timer to lower rez temps. I am gonna clean mine with bleach before the next run and try this and the snorkel....

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
I use a cycle timer at 15/15 and it works great. All I put in my cloner, besides an air stone, is tap water with bloom nutes at 1/8 strength, pH'd to 6.1
Rez temps stay 71F. I run it constantly and havent ever changed out the rez! I just top it off with more nute solution as the rez gets low. Rez is still as clear as the day I filled it.
Usually gets signs of roots around 7 to 10 days and they are ready for veg by 17 days.
Krunchbubble on here skilled me in his aerocloner method, and it is so maintenance free and is working better than I could have imagined. :)

HeriMarry

I have have made my own and had 360 replacement heads but I recently moved an could not find them, so I purchased more an all of them are spraying a stream of water straigh up, no mist. I turned down/restricted the water flow to see if there was a difference, but al that happened was a little dribble of water. Do the newer repacement heads have a high failure rate? And is there a specific brand that is popular amongst growers. I bought these off of scAmazon.Any help appreciated.

Also has anyone used the clone king replacement mister spray heads?

Last edited:

Dr Herb

Tga is for this! A question I have though is where does the sprayed water drain to? Or do you fill the bottom of this bucket and it recirculates?

EL1M1N80R

Just what I have been looking for.

The search function would not bring me this in the results.

I have a question regarding this type of set up.

Does it require a dome for humidity?