What's new

DIY Aero Cloner the EZ-Cloner Replica in 10 Easy Steps!

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran
It's prob been a few since but
To cAsual. Sure u can dip the good looking ones. They usually go limp from to high of temps. Good call on the timer. Will make all the differance. But the survivors are just a bit hardier. I would slice just a new open end on them too before dipping. Dip fast the less time dipped the better imo

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran
I've always been curious when is the best time to transplant from the cloner, when the roots just start to pop or when they are long. For dwc I had to wait for them to reach the bottom of the net pots to transplant but with other systems I wonder.

The best time is always situational o the growers needs. If u have space I. The cloner, and time to not use it, u can veg In it til u run out of room. Of course the more established they become, the more the temps need to be ideal closest to or just below 70f.
I will let mine go til I can skip cups and go straight to 1 gal containers of coco. Of course they have needed food for 2 weeks now so they are nearly as big or bigger than my coco clones that already been planted for over a month and in 1 gal for 2 weeks now

DenseBuds

I go to soil after cloning... usually wait till there are several roots protruding 1/2"-1". Then I just plant in soil and keep moist for a couple days. Takes every time.

GaMs

hello
Is anyone using only water pump cloner? :D
Here is one

An old cat toilet, home made cover and smallest water pump you can buy, pump is blowing directly below the surface so it makes small waves and add a little oxygen in the water. Water temp is always 78degrees.

First the roots will emerge in five days and clone is the same as when I put it in, just make sure the stems are only a few milimeters in the water just touching the surface.
No gels or powders no ph up or down only tap water.
have a nice day :tiphat:

little-soldier

I was thinking of building the same thing but instead of cloning I wanted to grow a massive plant. I was wondering if anyone has tried so with the same setup just so I know what kind of problems to expect.
thx 4 the advice

Pipedream

Proudly Growing My Own Since 1969
Veteran
Just check out any of the DWC threads and you'll get all the info you need. I've been growing that way for more years that alot of growers have been on god's earth. You can follow the link in my signature for a starting point.

Japanfreakier

Veteran
DrCaligari has done his homework. Awesome temp to clone at. Next time you don't have to cut the fan leafs like that, not needed in aero.

thanks.

They were huge and my neurotic brain said "cut'em". I guess its habit. Should I be oscillating them? or are they ok still?

I meant a oscillating fan given them some breeze.

I have a Titan Controls Apollo 2 Cycle Timer which is currently set for 30 sec on and 1 min off.

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
wow this has been a very informative but longgggg post . i remember reading here that you can use the aerocloner to veg & eventually flower your plants too .
basicly all i would have to do to this set up would be to build some sort of screen ledge between the pumps filter & the root balls .... change the plain water to a nute based mix & put the clones in a medium to grow . then add the nutes ,watch the temps , ph levels & swich my lighting from cfl's to a 250 or 400 watt hps , I should be good to go right ???

KingRalph

yep dansbuds. the magdrive pumps come with a filter that would be enough to keep roots out of the pump intake. be careful with nutes and ph, as in aero they are more volatile to change in ph or ec/ppms, and also require less nutes than usual because of the efficient delivery. but other than that, it's perfectly fine to grow with, make a hole for a 5" netpot, at some hydroton or silica rocks and off ya go...

love seeing that this has helped so many. almost 250,000 views, amazing. keep enjoying :)

peace n green thumbs all.

This tek rocks. Thanks KingRalph! Roots in 6 days with this method. I kept the temps between 77-80*F and added PBP Soil Bloom to 100ppm for some P, one drop Superthrive per gallon, and 1tsp/gal of Aquashield per gallon to prevent rot. pH'ed to 6.0 flat. This mix has worked very well. The last few times I used this tek was with plain water at around 70*F and it took about 12 days to see roots. I believe the temperature makes a big difference, but if you use higher temps, be sure to use something to prevent rot, like Aquashield.

Also, I used a timer for the pump set to 5 min on and 5 min off.

UrbanAero

DIY aeroponics for years now, I not only clone, but flower in my boxes.

DIY aeroponics for years now, I not only clone, but flower in my boxes.

Nets dont matter, these clones were cut 4 weeks ago. I use 3600gph 1/2hp sump pump, Tim the Toolman would be proud.

Attachments

• 2010-09-19 10.10.45.jpg
    2010-09-19 10.10.45.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 25
  • 2010-09-19 10.10.28.jpg
    2010-09-19 10.10.28.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 21

DrShadow

Thank you for your attention to detail in your tutorial. I've been considering building one of these, but I couldn't think of where to start. And now you have sent me in the right direction.

Latest posts

Latest posts