What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DIY 660 watt Pacific Light Concepts LED build.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Hi guys....rocking on to end week 7 of the run with the PLC LED. Here is a shot of the Alien Rift at day 49.
fetch?photoid=17845978.jpg

The Glue is hurting a bit due to my faults. Still reeking of gas and frosty as hell. Loving the PLC LED. I pulled a nug off the GG4 from exactly 34 inches from the light and its total nug meat. Tight, greasy and solid. I never had buds like that down low with my HID's..... Have a great night all. Peace, negative.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Hi all. Took some hits off that nug I pulled from week 6...great stuff. Cannot wait to see what the 9-10 week tops are like!! Pretty stoked with the density and trich coverage of these sample buds. Changed out the rez to plain R/O yesterday....running at 20-30 ppm till the end. Had the Final Phase from Advanced in there for the last 4 days. The Glue is reeking of gas....yes!
Here is a shot of a nug from 30" away from the lights.....its solid and covered.
fetch?photoid=17855626.jpg

The PLC LED is delivering all I need for these plants. I am so happy with it. I could never see going back to HID again. I have gotten another HLG 65 V2 for my veg tent. The 2 of those lights are just making my tent blow up!!
This was from a few days ago and now I can barley zip it shut. Flood and drain is so sweet.
fetch?photoid=17855626.jpg

LED for the win all the way around!! Have a great day all. Peace, negative. :)

negative37dBA

Veteran
Hi guys...LED rocks.
Alien Rift day 63 under PLC LED.
fetch?photoid=17857191.jpg

fetch?photoid=17857191.jpg

GG4 at day 63..leaves are my bad but the bud is going to be awesome.
fetch?photoid=17857193.jpg

fetch?photoid=17857193.jpg

Did I say LED rocks!!!
Have a great day all. Peace, negative.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Thanks for the nice comments guys...the LED just did a amazing job. I was very impressed with the density and quality of the lower buds...I had zero larf. That is something I have never had with my old HID set up. Taste of the curing now for a couple weeks bud is really good. I am not much of a taste guy. I go for smells but this Glue has flavor that I have not tasted before. I have grown it under HID many, many times. Just cannot say enough good things about the new LED tech that is here...it is a bounty for us growers.
Put a fat new 2" pipe, 4 site undercurrent system for this run. It is soooo sweet and running perfectly. I built it myself as well. Cannot afford the $1500 these are going for...lol. I may have $350 in it using some parts I had like the pump and piping. Had zero leaks and it is working perfectly with the chiller hooked up.
Under construction. Had a ton of cords to reroute and tidy up. It came out sweet. Running a 375 GPH pump and over 1800 liters of air per hour into the 8 gallon modules. Have a 5 gallon top off rez as well.
fetch?photoid=17861224.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?photoid=17861224.jpg Views:	0 Size:	131.7 KB ID:	17868887

Here is the next run the day I put them into the system. 4, GG4.
fetch?photoid=17861967.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?photoid=17861967.jpg Views:	0 Size:	213.3 KB ID:	17868888

Here is after a couple layers of trellis went in...that first layer took me 3 gentle hours of tucking them under. Thank god for silica.
fetch?photoid=17866758.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?photoid=17866758.jpg Views:	0 Size:	156.6 KB ID:	17868889

They have fully filled out the trellis and are ready to flip on Monday...woot woot.
LED for the win. Have a great day all. Peace, negative.
PS...I have pressed some of the Glue buds into rosin ussing my new Nugsmasher OG!!! It came out like a perfect golden honey and is fire!! So stoked!!

Last edited:

negative37dBA

Veteran
Here is a shot of that rosin I pressed...it is so good and smooth. Really heavy feel after 2 dabs of it. Have to say for a newbie at rosin I think I am killing it!!
GG4.
fetch?photoid=17869521.jpg

Alien Rift flower.
fetch?photoid=17869521.jpg

Dab up boys!! I know I am

Gry

Veteran
Neat thread, like your diy approach with the both the light and the undercurrent repro.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Thanks for the nice comment Gry. I do like to build things. Helps me save a lot of money as well. That helps because growing hydro can be equipment heavy and I have to pay for everything I have myself. I have been contemplating a new build and I pulled the trigger on the main piece of equipment last night. I found a good deal on a used one and could not pass up the opportunity. Going to build up a Ph controller. Pretty easy to do and will automate yet 1 more thing in the garden. Not that you can just set and forget but it will keep it in a tight range that I select. :)
I am using a American Marine Ph controller as the main piece. Gives you a set center point then you can set adjustments up to 1 full point of swing down to .01 point. I have 2 peristaltic pumps, 1 for dosing up and 1 for dosing down. Mount them in a job box with a couple small transformers or use wall warts. Plug wired pumps into controller and set the parameters I want. Then set up a 2 container holder or shelf for the acid and base. I will have to figure out a dilution ratio that will work for my system. I am figuring around 50/1 would work but we will see in testing.
Be very nice to set it for flower bout 5.9 and let it drift up or down .03 points then kick in to correct. Stuff should all be here in a few days and then I will get cracking on it. I just got to the end of week #2 with the GG4 monocrop. It is probably the tightest I have ever seen it get in here. So many leaves to keep pulling and I have not even got to the real strip coming up later this week. I am super thrilled with how they are coming along. Nice bud sites popping out everywhere. The only small disappointment to the excellent canopy is the 1 gg4 from seed I have. It is a slow grower. It is about 6 to 8 inches lower than the rest of the plants and messing with my sweet canopy. Front left obviously is the slow grower
fetch?photoid=17879606.jpg

Everything else is on point and we are ready to see them pack on some weight as I remove some fans. I tossed the clones I had of this version from seed as I have hundreds more to find a better keeper. This should be a good one!!
Have a great day all! Peace, negative.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Thought I would keep up with this and show you how the LED is performing. In short really incredible. I have never had to remove so many fans to try to keep some light pen going. The only issue I have is it is to dense. They are stacking up nicely and the smell has really changed this week. We are at day 28, end of week 4 and they are rocking!!
GG4, day 28. PLC led for the win baby. :)
fetch?photoid=17888772.jpg

The undercurrent system is absolutely killing it. So stable and bulletproof...no drama. I built and installed a ph controller for both up and down and it NEVER comes on...
See you all near week 8...fat nugs in the future.
Peace, negative.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Looks pretty well. a monster indeed.

Just to be clear this is 4 plants. 3 were pretty big when I started...to big if you know what I mean. Thanks for the nice comments...appreciated.
Here they are at end of week 5...day 35.
fetch?photoid=17892904.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?photoid=17892904.jpg Views:	0 Size:	153.2 KB ID:	17894406

That pic was nominated for POTM this month. Thanks so much for that. It must be the Glue cause I am no good at pictures. The frost, high and terp profile keep me growing this over and over again!!
Thanks all so much...have agreat day!
peace, negative.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Hi all. Going to put a finishing post on this thread. I am thrilled overall with the build and the light. Figuring it out now and getting some great buds.

About PLC and the customer service. I emailed them about me breaking some diodes. Wanted some replacement boards and asked them about getting 2 of them for free for all the nice things I have said for the lights. We are talking about a retail value of about $50.00. They never ever even got back to me with a kind "no thanks" I got ZERO FUCKING response. So as far as I am concerned they do not have customer service..once they have your cash your forgotten... Extremely disappointed. I will never mention the name of the company again in any post I do. Just so typical of today's get money now and who could care about later attitude.

Really gets me down. So now I am looking for a replacement for them as I do not want to give them my business. Not sure what would be compatible or if I have to do a full rebuild...so fun. I probably will just run with the broken diodes....

At least I am in week 10 of flower and getting ready to, pull some nice gg4 nugs to ease the frustration...
Have a nice day all...my last post for this thread...see you all.
Peace, negative.
GG4 day 63
fetch?photoid=17901875.jpg

fetch?photoid=17901877.jpg

Last edited:

negative37dBA

Veteran
negative37dBA Have you looked at Solstrip? I am using their strips because I didn't want the hassle of shipping from China etc. It is more $s but it was an effortless buy. The owner is baudelaire on OG.

I have not but thanks for the info. My light is still performing great. I really cannot afford to change anything out right now. Just entered the Mars contest for the free light giveaway for the second time. Hopefully I can win something. Never been lucky at getting anything free ever in this game.

Gry

Veteran
Sad to hear that is how things are with PLC, had been giving thought to one.
Enter those pictures in the MarsHydro Light give away contest.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Sad to hear that is how things are with PLC, had been giving thought to one.
Enter those pictures in the MarsHydro Light give away contest.

I did....got second or what might as well be last....I was bummed....so close.
Positive side next round of Glue is off the hook good looking.
fetch?photoid=17942491.jpg

About day 22.
fetch?photoid=17951108.jpg

fetch?id=17953718.jpg

Sexy legs on these girls...
fetch?id=17953380.jpg

Got this LED thing kinda figured out...it is rocking!!

CharlesU Farley

Don't have time to go through the entire thread right now, but I bookmarked it for future reference, because I'm sure I'm going to learn a lot of stuff when I find the time to read it.

Nice work!