What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Distinguished and Nurtured Kind

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I agree. I've been running Karma Genetics since Happy Brother Bx1. The Brotherhood OG was a great experience as well, considering I knew what expressions to actually look for.

I know there are some great SOG keepers in the A5Haze x WhiteOG v2 though.

It also seems as if a couple of the BubbaDutch SSH x Digi Bx1 from Chili_B are trying to germinate! That would be a real treat. The BubbaDutch cut was first around on Overgrow. 9wk - 11wk Blueberry Haze type plants for SOG won't offend me either.

BubbaDutch SSH from Chili_B's albums:

picture.php

picture.php

dank.Frank

nickman

Veteran
I agree. I've been running Karma Genetics since Happy Brother Bx1. The Brotherhood OG was a great experience as well, considering I knew what expressions to actually look for.

I know there are some great SOG keepers in the A5Haze x WhiteOG v2 though.

It also seems as if a couple of the BubbaDutch SSH x Digi Bx1 from Chili_B are trying to germinate! That would be a real treat. The BubbaDutch cut was first around on Overgrow. 9wk - 11wk Blueberry Haze type plants for SOG won't offend me either.

BubbaDutch SSH from Chili_B's albums:

View Image

View Image

dank.Frank
Yeah, Brotherhood OG was my first Karma strain I tried ...!!!... I never looked back ... for about 5 years all I ran was genetics from Karma ... he’s a real nice guy, I need to get back in touch with him ...!!!...

I remember seeing your pictures of your Brotherhood OG’s and I was like whoa !!! Shit looked sick as f.ck ...!!!...

:laughing: ...

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@nickman -I produced some of my best meds in the years I was at the location the Brotherhood OG was ran. Just had an amazing water source and an easy to tune environment. I also had a bad clone habit that brought me broad mites. LOL

I've watched a lot of your KG grows. His take on what cannabis should be is unique and it's reflected in his seed offerings. When his brand was first launched, he joined in with F.A.M. and started kicking us some beans to sort and display. Of those that ran his gear, it really only took 20 plants to find a true stand out. Something that produced comparable quality to known elites.

These WhiteA5Haze beans were gifted from Karma and were not in breeder packaging. They were labeled as "White A5 Haze prived" so I assume they are slightly different than the commercial release. He also gifted a "WhiteOG Ix prived" - which I know used the cup winning cut of White OGv2 as the mother, which hadn't been found yet, when the inital seed release was made.

I'd be lying if my decision to sprout the A5 cross wasn't influenced by looking at Phylos. Some of the data that used to be there has changed. I remember the Hash Plant Haze, A5, Piff and another cut all tied together. Now those lines are gone and DNA has a proprietary plant that ties them all together. In reading haze thread recently, and one about the galaxy, I think the right connection is being made in calling Old Timer's Haze a true 80's Colombian Gold, based on where it's phenos surface. That aside, the A5 is about as genetically distant as from the OG's and then also from The White as can be on the galaxy map. There are VERY few plants that meet anywhere in the middle ground between the two. There should be some very interesting plants that surface from the pairing.

@CdM - yes. There was a huge push when the Josh D OG partnerships happened, etc While I have never been an official Karma Squad member, I appreciated their push much more than I did the Grindhouse Squad push, which involved people taking an odd form of slang typing that they had never taken to prior. LOL. :joint:

dank.Frank

Last edited:

nickman

Veteran
So what your saying Frank is that your gonna get plants that are leaning way more towards the A5 side of the line or way to the White OG side ... nothing really in the middle ... sounds like you may have a good chance at finding a nice A5 leaner ...!!!...

On the other hand, that prived White OG sounds REALLY interesting too ...!!!...

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Opposite, actually. There might be a chance at true F1 type hybrid behavior because they are so genetically different, meaning a great 50/50 pheno with excellent vigor and great yields. Something truly capable of making a killer SOG plant. If I take the time to save a male and F2, then those extreme leaners will be very present and very obvious because the only contribution to thin leaves, would be the A5.

I'm not sure what to think honestly with what is in my garden currently. The only thing really in my typical preference range is the 3 Snow Monkey. The CBD lines are a complete shift.

The SSH crosses are NOT what I would typically choose to grow or smoke, however, the BubbaDutch SSH clone does represent the more indica side of what SSH has to offer as a seed line. Deezy's SSH is a more sativa type smoke but from what I understand he only runs her 9wks. So again, perhaps not your typical SSH. The A5WhiteOG I can imagine is going to take 12-16+ weeks potentially. Something I'm really not looking forward to.

NOT TO MENTION - running what is potentially going to be a long flowering sativa with a completely different growth profile than anything else is really going to put this new soil mix to the test. We'll see if it can take anything I throw at it. The grow by numbers is a bit of a new concept for me and I'm already breaking all the rules. The levels of nutrition we put into these custom, water only organic soil mixes does not play by the conventional standards and I often get remarks about toxic levels of nutrition based off ppm levels. The data isn't wrong. How they are interpreting my usage of the data, however is. The other side of that is the plant is never wrong. It makes no mistakes and can only respond to environmental stimuli. I don't care what the numbers say, ultimately, how I go forward with things is 100% subjective to my own personal opinion of plant performance and the quality of the flowers produced.

Thanks for all the company and the warm welcome back. I took a couple breaks over the last couple years from the forums simply because I found myself becoming a toxic personality in the eyes of many. In some ways, they are not wrong. I try to be objective, but I also have my ideas about what truths should be known and expressed and what knowledge of those truths dictates for my personal behavior. At the end of the day, I realized I have no desire to influence what others do or do not do.

Example ;) - Nickman - I hate seeing you check out anything that Greenpoint offers. I see you post in those threads and I cringe. Pretty much do anytime I see ANYONE post there. The way he acted with tester seeds from Karma at the beginning of the Karma Squad, using unreleased tester genetics to cross pollinate things before the line was even public - he just represents so many thing I stand opposed to. I've wanted to hit you up with a PM countless times and throw shade...lol...but I've not done so. I've minded my own business.

I needed to learn my place. It isn't about being technically right all the time and it isn't fun making sure right is done by the various newcomers on this board. That's what moderators are for. I can't be the underground canna-PC police. It's exhausting and it robs me of the joy I get from participating in the forums, and in some ways, my integrity.

My place, is right here, in my own thread, attempting to grow great medicine and letting others do what they do. :joint:

dank.Frank

Last edited:

Bmac1

Veteran
DF, you are a pillar of the community and have been an invaluable source of info and support over the years. You have always been there with answers to what may be stupid questions but always supportive nonetheless.

Despite the couple of Greenpoint packs I have in the fridge and me ignorantly calling my mix a kitchen sink mix (was just referring to the array of amendments) , I appreciate all that you have helped me with personally as well as the wealth of knowledge you openly share with the community. The stankbros forum and your soil info are one of the main reasons i ventured to the organics realm.

The forum wouldnt be the same without you.

nickman

Veteran
Yeah, I agree with you that that is some messed up shit ... I’m only interested in the plant ...

Speaking of Karma, I was looking through his catalogue and saw he has a Karmarado x Headbanger line. That one sounds Nice.

White Beard

Example ;) - Nickman - I hate seeing you check out anything that Greenpoint offers. I see you post in those threads and I cringe. Pretty much do anytime I see ANYONE post there. The way he acted with tester seeds from Karma at the beginning of the Karma Squad, using unreleased tester genetics to cross pollinate things before the line was even public - he just represents so many thing I stand opposed to.

dank.Frank
I was not aware of this. I had been leaning into a GPS buy, but I think I will wait for Mandala and RSC to open back up instead.

The seeds I have are largely Trainwreck with some cookies and OG thrown in (GW has stated several times that it’s his preferred med strain, or was), largely because nothing like those lines ever makes it down/up here...however, over the long haul I’m far more interested in working with plants closer to the wild.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@Bmac - I'm not without my faults and mistakes over the years. There are a couple of situations I wish had gone differently or were repairable, but things happen. I'm certainly not a pillar by my own standards; wish I could say differently. I'm thrilled to know that me posting made a venture into organics seem less confusing. I'm always humbled when I get pm's of someone using the info I've shared and it elevated their garden and improved their meds. :respect:

@nickman - I had to laugh. Make a comment about not putting people on blast and in the same breath...LOL. Do your thing, brother.

@White Beard - By all means, don't let my opinion influence your decisions. That doesn't even scratch the surface of what he's done. Like I said, my signature at the bottom of every post is a direct quote from an exchange between Gu~ and myself. LOL. That says it all. If you buy the seeds, you'll find good plants, because those he takes from have put in the work to ensure quality.

Personally, it just depends on what you enjoy smoking. Trainwreck is one of the all time greats and still holds a candle to all the new stuff.

dank.Frank

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Interesting story. I sprouted the Suzy Q Bx2 back in August. They went 4 for 6. I never transplanted them from tiny seed starting cell trays. They stayed in those small cells, MAYBE...2-3tbsp of soil...sitting in a window sill, clinging to life all this time. They fell, and the most vigorous of the group, an assumed male, ended up getting culled. They were very spindly and weak when put back under 24 hour light. Now, they are ready for a transplant as the old recycled soil they are in has not been amended since last spring.

The interesting part. NO PLANT should have survived what I threw at these poor seedlings. Sure I watered them...sometimes. I can't believe they lived. I hope they are as resilient as they seem. That would be excellent for outdoor conditions if they are that tolerant to abiotic stress.

Now, it's time for them to go into some new soil. I expect them to really take off, green up and go nuts. I expect there are two females and 1 male based on growth rates.

I think, my seeds are getting too hot. Taproots are cracking shells and then browning off. It's a bit frustrating. I really need to get some GA3 in house and start experimenting with old seeds I have a couple hundred of before dropping any more valuable might be lost forever type genes. These embryos are healthy and if eaten are still moist and taste "green". It's been a bit frustrating.

I see traits of Chili's ARNOLD male (Sour Bubble Bx2 male used in the original Digi outcross) in one of the Snow Monkey offspring. It has the potential to carry a blueberry muffin smell when the early leaves look as they do. (double serrations and irregular shaped) I'll post pictures of current plants soon. I think the Snow Monkey will likely see transplant next week. They are on their 3rd true leaf set. The early traits I'm seeing scream excellent and unique. I'll be extremely happy to find a Glue style plant with a grape or blueberry terp profile.

After I drop some Sis x TPK, I'll return back to the Snow Monkey and start more of those. I don't want too many moms to hold for potential at once. Not an issue though, considering how terrible my seed germination is going currently!!!

dank.Frank

Last edited:

White Beard

@White Beard - By all means, don't let my opinion influence your decisions. That doesn't even scratch the surface of what he's done. Like I said, my signature at the bottom of every post is a direct quote from an exchange between Gu~ and myself. LOL. That says it all. If you buy the seeds, you'll find good plants, because those he takes from have put in the work to ensure quality.

Personally, it just depends on what you enjoy smoking. Trainwreck is one of the all time greats and still holds a candle to all the new stuff.

dank.Frank
I waded through a bunch of stuff about Greenpoint, couldn’t make sense out of it, figured it was a teapot tempest.

I’ve done a ton more reading since then; your sig.quote is something I believe personally, knowing who it was addressed to *does* make a difference.

After getting six strains (two freebies) from Cannaventure, Greenpoint’s offerings seem considerably less appealing, but totally aside from that, it *matters* to me who I do business with, and I refuse to enrich people of low character (sadly, not always possible).

Mandala strains are the object of my desire, I plan to bring in 3 or 4 of theirs when they open again.

Last edited:

sdd420

Veteran
After reading your organic soil thread and other threads, I’ve come to agree with you on most things. Going organic after hydro for years is a a lot simpler and easier. I can’t wait to sample the harvest in a couple weeks. So thanks for that.

As far as gps I do see a shadyness and wish I had not supported him with seed sales previously. I can only say that it was my ignorance.
Great thread and I enjoy reading your thoughts and conclusions on your grow. Thanks for sharing.

Peace sdd

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@moses - Frank frank was right a lot but still kind of a dick, so... LOL.

@White Beard - I'm with you on the Mandala gear. I heard nothing but good things and there were always a few I wanted to try that seemed different from the status quo. I think you'll find some killer plants in the CannaVenture gear. I have some of his older stuff we'll get to at some point in this thread.

@sdd420 - Once you start smoking flowers grown in an organic soil that is diversified in it's inputs, you'll never want to smoke anything less than. The flavors and the depth of the high is just completely different some how. You'll even noticed nuances in how the calyxes themselves form and feel. It's much more apparent with genetics you've had around for a bit and are intimately familiar with. Congrats on you upcoming harvest!

Wall to wall soil bed. ohhhhhhh yeeeeeaaaaaahhhhh. This is going to grow some dank!

picture.php

picture.php

I noticed a hand full of worms while shoveling compost. The compost itself is a couple years old and gets turned or added to a couple times a year. It's mostly pine/oak/grass debris and related wood chippings and shavings. It's roughly 80% decomposed and is more dirt than separate individual objects. You still see some decent sized twigs and wood pieces in the soil, which is exactly what I want for long term biological activity. Organic matter is essential food for fungi we want to promote and encourage for nutrient transport pathways through out the bed.

The soil looks and feels excellent. It's a bit water logged currently, but that showed me the heaviest it could possibly get when over saturated and gives me a good idea on what the soil should look like in regards to watering levels when done properly. The excess moisture will evaporate.

Side note, the wire under the bed has enough give in it, that when full of soil, it actually sits on the ground. I guess 4" wasn't quite enough clearance. I guess it also means I won't have to worry about that cross bracing. LOL.

This could present some interesting plant behavior. Water will pool towards the center where the bed is also some what deeper as well. That means, plants near center will likely want to grow bigger than their surrounding plants. Something I'll have to watch for as I learn how things will go in this new setup.

dank.Frank

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Snow Monkey are on their third internode and first true set of leaves are showing visible early trichomes. I had to give a rub on the one seedling showing Digi type line traits and sure enough. A very berry forward smell unmistakable and instantly recognizable. Then, I had to be sure and rub a different seedling with the other hand and the smell was more chem like. Fingers crossed the blue one is a female.

dank.Frank

ChemDgMillionre

Veteran
I have to agree with sdd420.. I think my favorite grows were the outdoor organic ones. I used a mix that is similar to yours, and had some really awesome results.. maybe when these nute bottles run dry I’ll give it another go!

It feels like cheating when all you gotta do is pour plain water on them!

I’m excited to see your new findings man, love that your getting back to where ya left off.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is the Snow Monkey that has me a bit excited. It's going to be berry influenced without question. Ignore the discoloration and twisting. That is from trying to kick them out of their shells with a light nutrient tea. What I am looking at, is the double serration and the uneven leaf structure itself.

I've always told people I segregate early and think there are a lot of hints about things given away in the first couple of leaves. Then cannabis plants tend to fall into normal growth patterns and can be indiscernible unless you are the type to stare at your plants for hours a day.

I'm fairly confident this is a Digi influenced plant. The early resin sniff test doesn't lie either. I'm waiting for the first set of 5 leaves to set before I start making other conclusions. A GG#4 type plant with berry flavors would make me beyond happy.

[(Sour Bubble x Sour Diesel) x (Chem Sis x Chocolate Diesel)] x {(Purple Indica x Romulan) x [Digi x (Digi x Sour Bubble Bx2)]}

picture.php

The Digi Bx1 would give strong indica Sour Bubble type phenos that would have a burnt rubber/sour/berry type flavor. The Arnold male wasn't completely selected away from when I picked the Bx1 male to use on everything. The stability he added to a rather finicky plant (Digi) was important. But there were traits specific to Digi that were paramount to isolating the phenotypes over the years I sorted a few here and there. As of right now, I'm expecting a plant that looks similar to this plant from 2008-ish grown under a 400w.

bbprechop.jpg

bbchop34.jpg

As a result of the GG#4 expect to see less leaf, a bit more stretch and larger calyxes in general. From the GROM, I'm expecting some what thinner flowers, with a bit more exaggeration towards the tops forming in spears rather than more rounded buds. With the resin output of all the parents built into this line, there is potential for oozing buds. Factor in, the GROM x Digi Bx1 male that Genetic Freaked used, was covered in his own resin, there really is potential in the cross for some 25% plus plants. Easily.

We'll see if my predictions or rather, my musings, are right or not.

dank.Frank

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts