What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Distinguished and Nurtured Kind

Critter

Think for yourself, question authority
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I honestly appreciate criticism, and I'm fully aware, trichrider wasn't being any way about it. I can take a playful jab and grin about it. My comment was to acknowledge that he was in fact, correct.

Part of the purpose of keeping a public thread is to teach but also to learn. I'm NOT the best grower in the world but I do an alright job. Sometimes better than others. Sometimes not so much. There is a learning curve that comes with each new experience.

I used to freak out and panic at the slightest imperfection thinking the crop was ruined, and in SOME ways, there is a point noticeable impact, for every single error made, regardless how slight. You don't know that to be true until you have a near perfect run and then you REALLY see the difference.

I may defend my position because I know the fullest details, but I like when someone can say, Frank - it could be better. That's an opportunity to grow and start going back over the check list of parameters.

Only person that's seen these flowers growing in person called them mids. While I know that isn't the case, I know that just meant they could be better. They won't be the AAA+++ that I'm capable of - that the genetics are capable of. I wasn't offended. I took it to heart. I accept that challenge. Game on, F.A.M.

However, if you aren't a grower, you'd never know that and they'll still be some of the best flowers most commoners will ever see in their lifetime.

I honestly, don't want a thread where I get 20 people passing through to pat me on the back once a week to make me feel good about myself. I'm trying to IMPROVE. That takes constructive criticism and it takes not being an ego driven bitch boy when you get it.

I do my level best to keep it real.

dank.Frank

“If you don’t get some active airflow in and out besides passive they will turn out to be mids”. Is what a bird once told me ;)

Looking great bro!! hope the smoke test backs up your conclusion. Straight up rocking it now bro! O

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@Critter - It's good to have those little birds around, F.A.M. I still didn't change anything, but this round is almost done and when the room is empty I'll be getting out the power tools and making the necessary adjustments for sure. :respect:

Truth is, if it isn't AAA+++, then it's still mids. Ha!

Not much longer now. Can't wait to get this Sis x TPK into flower and see what she is all about. :joint:

dank.Frank

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
I honestly appreciate criticism, and I'm fully aware, trichrider wasn't being any way about it. I can take a playful jab and grin about it. My comment was to acknowledge that he was in fact, correct.

Part of the purpose of keeping a public thread is to teach but also to learn. I'm NOT the best grower in the world but I do an alright job. Sometimes better than others. Sometimes not so much. There is a learning curve that comes with each new experience.

I used to freak out and panic at the slightest imperfection thinking the crop was ruined, and in SOME ways, there is a point noticeable impact, for every single error made, regardless how slight. You don't know that to be true until you have a near perfect run and then you REALLY see the difference.

I may defend my position because I know the fullest details, but I like when someone can say, Frank - it could be better. That's an opportunity to grow and start going back over the check list of parameters.

Only person that's seen these flowers growing in person called them mids. While I know that isn't the case, I know that just meant they could be better. They won't be the AAA+++ that I'm capable of - that the genetics are capable of. I wasn't offended. I took it to heart. I accept that challenge. Game on, F.A.M.

However, if you aren't a grower, you'd never know that and they'll still be some of the best flowers most commoners will ever see in their lifetime.

I honestly, don't want a thread where I get 20 people passing through to pat me on the back once a week to make me feel good about myself. I'm trying to IMPROVE. That takes constructive criticism and it takes not being an ego driven bitch boy when you get it.

I do my level best to keep it real.

dank.Frank
good post!
i certainly wasn't criticizing your growing skill...hell, i wasn't even criticizing your camera.
i have great respect for your mad skill.
i would have said it better had i said, "what u talking 'bout Cletus, those are stunning in my eyes".
now if you want to compare skill by looking at my grow then your reputation would be intact and your ego assuaged.

more peeps should cultivate their sense of humor in all seriousness.
be well Frank:tiphat:

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@Critter - Happy 4/20 F.A.M. - Thank you for the Limegerian headies. Sitting down now to roll my first for the day. Going to mix it with 1/3 Suzy Q Bx2 that is dried. I'm rather pleased with how it turned out for being technically hemp. The Sis x TPK was made by several different people at a couple different times. I got these from Melty, but they were given to him by TacomaComa...I think.

@Trichrider - I'm a rather dry/serious person. I'm very very rarely the life of the party type. I'm the "well, you know, actually...." or the "What's interesting about that..." guy. I'm not a lighthearted person at all. It can be a detriment. Iit's something I really work on, as far as personal character traits go...it would serve me well to just enjoy things from time to time. One of the reasons I love cannabis is it can stop the machine that is my mind from running a million miles a minute and I can disconnect a bit and calm tf down.

Happy 4/20 everyone. Hope your eyes are bloodshot and slung low. :joint:

Harvest of my first fully mature plant in over 5 years begins shortly. Cobalt Haze. Thanks to Abja Roots for the privilege of running his gear. It's nice to be one of the first to put something new on display. These flowers certainly will not disappoint.

dank.Frank

nickman

Veteran
What a GREAT way to spend 4-20, chopping ur first plant in five years...!!!...

Hope you have a good harvest and a good four twenty as well ...!!!...

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ABF Seeds - Cobalt Haze #1 @63 days - pre-harvest

picture.php

Cobalt Haze #1 hanging next to a mostly dry Suzy Q Bx2 cola I was worried about. I got paranoid about losing flowers. Turned out to be perfectly fine.

picture.php

Now, the focus shifts to this plant, which I still can't manage to get a good picture of. It's more purple than it looks in the photos, but it's not really purple. It's more of a pink hued purple-like color. It's really a pretty plant. She doesn't look to want a full 12wks though. She's looking more like 11wks at this point.

Cobalt Haze #2

picture.php

Thanks for all the good vibes!! I think it's safe to say the new soil mix works by this point in the thread. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm dying to know who wins at the IC Cup this year. 2020 - Look out. It's been on my bucket list for a long time now.:joint:

dank.Frank

Last edited:

Bmac1

Veteran
Looking great DF. Hopefully they smoke as good as they look. Also looking g forward to seeing who won. From the looks of the samples OJD was showing on Instagram, looks like a hell of a field.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I saw the thread. 110 entries. I don't recognize but a few of the names on the list. Consistent Glue/Gelato/Zkittles type entries in the tops.

When Lazy Lightning gets back, I'd like to get her run a couple times and get a dialed run finished for the cup. She's every bit a contender for such things.

I really don't understand people putting in 3,4,5 entries either. It's either your very best currently in your room or it isn't. That should only equate to 1 entry per person, per category, in my opinion.

https://www.icmag.com/modules/420Cup2019/index.php?opt=cannabistotals

dank.Frank

Last edited:

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Chem Sister x Topanga Canyon Pure Kush

picture.php

Plant. Water. Watch. This organic soil stuff is where it's at. Carefree cannabis. I haven't forgotten about the soil test either. I'm waiting to send in both samples at the same time. Starting soil before anything was planted and after a round is harvested. This will give me some baseline data to start dialing in how I'm going to re-amend the soil bed for the next round.

dank.Frank

Last edited:

nickman

Veteran
Where do you send soil to be tested if you don’t mind me asking. And how much needs to be sent in.

Oh, that plants really pink and pretty lol

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm not sure what lab I'll use this time. Spectrum Analytics would be my default recommendation because they have done a lot of testing for these types of high grade potting soils, but most state ag universities have a ag extension program that you can usually get such information. The tests are different depending on the lab.

A lot of people use Logan Labs as well. Fairly certainly there are examples of reports from both labs in the slownickel thread.

dank.Frank

Last edited:

Critter

Think for yourself, question authority
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:joint: cbd heavy 1/3 + 2/3 reg thc flowers=awesome. Great formula thanks for sharing :peacock:

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey F.A.M. - To be 100% fair, that is extrapolated from information commonly known about CBD:THC synergy, in that CBD is not NEARLY as effective, when not in the presence of THC. Essentially, a 2:1 combination of the two. I've discussed this with ECt before as well.

The first chance I had to test it, I did so, and was quite surprised by the increased relaxation in my muscles, especially. Very sedative without being truly narcotic or stupefying.

It wasn't a hard sell for me to recommend it to you. I was expecting bleh and instead found it to be good meds. Glad you agree!!

Those were 8wk samples, no cure at all. Just dry enough to jar 36 hours prior maybe. I looked at trichs through a scope and saw mostly clear, some cloudy. Flowers are still young but I think will cure to mostly if not fully cloudy. I have 9wk sample drying and will have more 10wk than anything.

I wanted to stagger harvest to figure out when peak CBD vs minimum THC periods are. I've never grown what is technically a type II hemp cultivar before, so it's been a learning experience. I had my mental bar set very low and I'm actually not disappointed with the flowers themselves even.

Flavor - a bit old earthy hashy - reminds me a bit of the old Herijuana cut I used to run, except, it tasted far worse - so the hemp has that going for it! It's not the worst tasting cannabis I've ever consumed.

The Suzy Q Bx2 experience is awesome. I talked with ECt for 2-3 years about these lines while he was developing some of them, trying to learn as much as I could. When offered to let me pick a couple, I was excited. His focus was never low/no THC lines. I like to think it was in part developed due to my constant nagging and PM'ing about what the laws were looking like and what the need was going to be. :joint:

I want to make the hemp search a priority still. I'm not done sorting Med Tree Seeds yet. I still have more Suzy Q Bx2 and I have Richness F2. Before is all said and done, I'll mix mash the two with the best of what I find and explore some more.

His Richness F2 line has produced 22% CBD with .18% THC, I think it was. The potential is there for something truly unique to surface.

Anyway. It's great to have a knowledgeable head to share something with to get some legit feedback. :respect:

dank.Frank

nickman

Veteran
I still need to try this cbd synergy with the thc you speak of...!!!...

I’ve only ever tried cbd pens without the thc ...!!!...
I’ve noticed with my NightRider#1 this morning when I woke up my back was killing me from sleeping the wrong way or something... anyway, I rolled one up of the NR#1 and what do you know- there’s no more back pain... or at least I can’t really feel it anymore ...!!!...

Not saying this is from cbd but I just noticed that the bud has been curing about a month now I guess and the taste/smell has changed from gas/sour to OG and the high is becoming more relaxing/numbing effect now ...!!!...
I’m really liking it.........................

What’s it cost to get soil tested ?

chuckyoufarley

Veteran
i take a 35 mg cap a day and it knocks my blood pressure to normal takes the stiffness out of my fingers i got my 85 yr old dad taking them to and he loves how he can do things again'

i have not tried any of the cbd bud ,my buddies head shop sells them

genetic freaked

Veteran
That Chem Sis x Tapanga is looking super sexy.. Cant wait to see her flower out..

I need to get some CBD buds and try this mix out ASAP

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I need to get some Snow Monkey beans started. No sense in playing around when I know full well the potential those hold. Not to mention, the early finishing plants and a faster turn around. The Digi infusion in the mix.

Maybe this time around I'll get a couple females.

But yes, the Sis/TPK is looking very idealistic in my opinion. She's a great looking plant. Perhaps not as loud on a stem rub as I'd expect, but that's not a judgement call at all. She has a muted funk and maybe that is the often spoken of TPK "marshmallow" notes muting some of the funkier notes otherwise found in the sis.

It still smells very much like a sweeter/fresh garlic. Honestly, the plant reminds me of how Chem 3 grew and I absolutely adored the structure on Chem 3. She'd form perfectly level bushes of fat buds all on her own like you spent weeks diligently topping and pruning and shaping. She certainly has great potential.

dank.Frank