What's new

dissolving maxibloom

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have a 5 gal home depot bucket. I fill it with water, I put in the MB. Toss in the pump and let the pump stir it up for a few minutes. Works a charm.
I do pretty much the same thing except i use an airstone & pump .... let it run for a few hours & never seen any debris in my jugs .

stinky33

i used hot water and it still took a while to go into solution. i wonder what is sooo insoluble? Oh well, the price is right and for a minimal amount of effort...great results.

pho

I drink amino acid drinks for weight lifting so I'm used to dealing with insoluble, annoying powders. A bit of hot water did the trick for me too.

My ladies are fed every couple of days. Would it be bad to dissolve maybe a week or two's worth of MB and store it at room temperature? Would it crash or would the quality of it diminish? I'll probably still warm it up on feeding days, but I was curious nonetheless..

itisme

Veteran
What do you run your Maxibloom PPMs at???

How much CAL Mag MM? or PPM?

R U guys running the MAXI?

*mistress*

Veteran
black_thumb said:
dissolving maxibloom
how the hell do you dissolve this stuff?

iv been mixing into a gallon jug of water and shake like hell let it sit over night but still get these white flaks in the bottom of my res when i add it.

What IF i took a strainer to filter out the white stuff when adding it to my res will this be okay?
maybe the small granules are calcium forming a precipitate w/ phophates in the container. the filter or strainer will strain out nutrients.

what is the ph of the final solution? lowering the ph of the solution to 5.0-5.5 may help w/ solubility.

stinky33 said:
i used hot water and it still took a while to go into solution. i wonder what is sooo insoluble? Oh well, the price is right and for a minimal amount of effort...great results.
it maybe the small amount of calcium dissolving. it takes some moments. that is maybe how it can be mixed w/ phosphates, etc. it can precipitate (form solids), but may dissolve after some moments. lowering the ph may help solubility.

2cents

Saran said:
Straining it is crazy, watch your concentration the water can only hold so much it's like sugar in coffee if you go crazy and add too much it will be in the bottom of the cup at 1 to 1 1/4 tsp it's never given me a problem but at about a tablespoon per gal I'm shaking it a lot

I use a 1gal milk jug filled half way with hot water for the first shake then top with room temp water shake a bit more as I go,,, I thought about a dedicated $20 blender but it's just not worth it as the dilution increases so will the absorption or dissolve rate in the end it gets were its going and I always take a pH & ppm read if it was shockingly low I'd shake it some more but that never happens . Don't over complicate this !