So im running a bio bucket system with ample water fall into res
I dont use a water chiller either
room temps between 75-80
water temps between 72-77
Dissolved oxygen content is around 9ppm=8mg/l
even at night when they consume more oxygen

If my water temps get close to 80
i test the oxygen level and its still the same

Isnt the level of oxygen supposed to drop in higher water temperatures?

Or does the plant consume less oxygen in warmer water, even though the oxygen levels are high?

many thanks
P

lol sorry... there aint no way you getting 8 mg/l let alone 9 mg/l with waters temps of 72-77F

just not possible

pet store lady informed me today local water treated with chloramines as well as chlorine which will dissapate after couple days chloramines WILL NOT!!!!so she said to add aquasafe to start off new aquarium system with local treatment plant water.??????? any ideas

yes, she is right, chloramines dont evaporate...

some use aquasafe and all the other bullshit products... i say fuck all that and just get you a RO system...or at the very least a dechlorinating unit or however its spelled

punkp88

Well fwiw i had a ten site setup with a 1800gph pump and it wasn't enough... the bio-bucket plants grow pretty tall... difference with the undercurrent is it sits on the ground... that was my main gripe with the buckets; it grew trees but they started off 3ft in the air to begin with

if u look at my under current threads and my bio-bucket threads u can see how the plants look... truth be told i'm getting larger yields off the uc system with fewer lumens than i was using with the bio-buckets and 4 fewer plants... and... when i added up the cost of everything it was more expensive than my small 6 site system

the cost of the air pump, the water pump(those big ones are extra $$), the fittings, the buckets, etc... add up pretty quick... also the difference between being able to tear down a system to buckets, seals, pipes in 30mins vs everything superglued together with silicone on top..... shit... can't even compare

lets just say that when i parted ways with my previous grow partner i gave him the bio-buckets as a parting gift... he never has and has no plans to run em... all he does now is grow to so its not for lack of interest

i'll just give u a heads up and i'm not trying to sell you anything; honestly coco is the shit but bio-buckets cost a lot of money and most of that money is connected via super-glue and silicone... when u stop using the system u can't really reuse the buckets and return or any of that stuff

tally up the cost of EVERYTHING for the bio-buckets; let us know what ur system ran u... don't include the cost of chiller or air stones/pump if u decide to use em... just the buckets and fittings from home depot or lowes or whatever... i figure if u're a plumber and they're already lying around the story is different but most people have to source these supplies... so like buckets, connectors, hoses, pump, etc.

probably cost me $2000 for everything

punkp88

lol sorry... there aint no way you getting 8 mg/l let alone 9 mg/l with waters temps of 72-77F

just not possible

ive been using this testing
http://www.thatpetplace.com/pet/prod/207540/product.web?gdftrk=gdfV2226_a_7c268_a_7c713_a_7c207540

its a liquid testing kit
so it its not gonna give an inaccurate reading because of an electronic failure

next time im at the aquarium store ill ask them for how accurate
these kits are

http://www.freshwateraquariumplants.com/plant_care.html#heat

interesting fact about aquarium plants says its best between 75 to 88

punkp88

I've grown in hot weather with and without a chiller and can tell you that you'll likely have problems if water temps rise above 72F. Maybe if you keep room temp under 75F with air conditioning, water temps would be roughly four degrees less - about 71 and you'd be OK without a chiller. This graph may help. It's from a fish site and the minimum acceptable level shown pertains to fish in an aquarium. For plants, I'd say the min level would be closer to 9% oxygen saturation. I think that equals 9 mg/l as well as 9 ppm but I'm not sure about that.

Thanks for that Ill think ill go those figures
if i have any problems due to high temperatures ill be sure to post
hey seeing that youre an old school buckethead
what would you recomend as pk booster or a bud blaster/ripener
i use just the gh 3 part for now
cheers