What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Disposing Huge amount of coco

Mister_D

Veteran
I would start a small composting business. Either give it away, or better yet turn your waste into profit :biggrin:. The other obvious alternative is to switch over to something like hydrocorn or rockwool which can be reused nearly indefinitely, or recycled fairly easily.

Catatafish

Veteran
Dealer shit...i hope your importing that much directly yourself from the islands.

Hell you could probably build an island after a few runs if you could get it to harden up some.

Snow Crash

Veteran
I've got it!

Get yourself some shovels, burlap bags, and a silk screen printer and you're good to go!

BBQ Brand Coco™

DrFever

Veteran
IMO guy is probably full of shit first off 40,000 liters of coco hahaha REally now liters is a measurement of liquid
Coco coir is weight in pounds or cubic feet huge difference folks and holds up to 11 times its weight in volume

2.5 cubic feet = 70.7921165 liters ADD that to pounds Seriously you just have to figure it out from there more like couple 54 foot semi trailers to just bring it there if not more to get just the coco there hahaha BS something this big legal or not would not be brought up here SORRY
now its used so you can figure 300 liters coming in at around 400 kg would b my guess

S

sourpuss

Yeah compost business... or just cal anexisting compost business.... they will prob pick it up for free...:)

Best idea is do it yourself.... offshoot of your grow... use your trim in there too.... u could give it away free or make money off it....

sell it. advertise on the shroomery. im sure plenty of people there would buy it if the price was right. I think you have to have either 50 or 100 posts though to access the marketplace forum

JointOperation

man.. I thought the entire point of using coco.. was that u could reuse it for a bunch of runs.. and then even after that u can mix 1 to 1 with new.. and use more..

my friend uses coco.. and he takes this knife and cuts out the stalk and a big enough whole in the root system to put a beer cup clone in.. to get it ready.. he says he just tosses in some Enzymes and lets it sit for a WEEK before transplanting clones into the pots.. he doesn't empty the pots . just cuts out the stalk.. and transplants and continues his grow.. with 0 issues.. and great quality and yields..

he also said.. he can use up to 4 runs.. with no issues.. then he does a CLEAN on it .. with a flushing agent.. and then mixes a very light nute solution.. with a ton of enzymes.. and lets them sit for 2 weeks.. then reuses AGAIN he said every few runs he makes sure all the roots that were in the coco are broken down and used as food.. it seems to work for him.. he buys COCO 1 time a year.. and always half of the original purchase.

prune

Veteran
I will have to dispose about 40,000 liters coco per run if I dont reuse it.

or you could reuse it and throw out 2000 plants instead, if your sterilization protocol falls short…

choose your poison!

Last edited:

prune

Veteran
IMO guy is probably full of shit first off 40,000 liters of coco hahaha REally now liters is a measurement of liquid
Coco coir is weight in pounds or cubic feet huge difference folks and holds up to 11 times its weight in volume

2.5 cubic feet = 70.7921165 liters ADD that to pounds Seriously you just have to figure it out from there more like couple 54 foot semi trailers to just bring it there if not more to get just the coco there hahaha BS something this big legal or not would not be brought up here SORRY
now its used so you can figure 300 liters coming in at around 400 kg would b my guess

Wait, what? :laughing:

Litres/gallons are used as denominations of volume, most pot sizes are expressed as volume, i.e. five gallon pot.

In this instance 40,000 litres distills to approximately 2000 5gallon pots, 1000 10gallon pots, and so on….

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Litres/gallons are used as denominations of volume, most pot sizes are expressed as volume, i.e. five gallon pot.

In this instance 40,000 litres distills to approximately 2000 5gallon pots, 1000 10gallon pots, and so on….

I've found it best to pretend he didn't even post :D

What you've just done, as I have before, is feed the beast.

JointOperation

liters are fine.. u can use liters to measure medium.. a 5 gallon pail holds about 20 liters.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
I would look into a NFT system. That much coco generates a ton (literally) of waste and man hours. Either profit from waste or look at methods that do not use coco or soil such as NFT or raft system.

Latest posts

Latest posts