What's new

Dispensary rant....$540/oz in CALI?

anditwasfun

A product's worth is defined as what someone is willing to pay for it. That's it. No more, no less.

To take it a bit further, there is a difference between wholesale and retail. The "law of retail' says to double your money. As a "wholesaler", all my harvest goes out to ONE person, and guess what? He makes as much as I do, and I'm happy to have him.

Grandpa always said that ain't nothing free. I get mine because I took the time to learn the trade and apply what I've spent conciderable time learning. He gets his because he's spent conciderable time building a network of consumers and takes the RISK of multiple transactions.

I'm perfectly happy to let him "make his" because I would rather not take the above mentioned risk. That to me is well worth the retail mark-up.

To the OP: sorry that you've developed a bit of "buyers remorse", but you deemed that zip worth $540 the moment ya handed over the cash.

Good ethics.

I didn't buy the oz....no buyer's remorse here...

where I am you can get the best stuff for $350... which is steep but it would save YOU money.
but seriously dude. buy direct from the source.... cut out the middle man!

I get it from everybody...if the club has the fire, i'll go there...if my homie's got it, i'll go there too.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
What is this buy and spell you speak of?
commerce.
it's a new concepr but i think its catching on.
If sellers have plenty of it, why cap their revenue? Why only take my $50 and make ~$25 when I could give them $350 and they bank $150?? Then they'll just get more shit and sling it.
why sell it to you for for half of what they can sell it to others for?
economics of scale.
they are going to sell it regardless. they have no need to cut you a bulk discount.

I fucking hate ignorant assholes like that...just sell it. There's always more. Yes, their shit's good, but it wasn't a Godsend. It's kinda like that ex you hookup with when you're back in your hometown...yeah, you'll drive to her house, but fuck if you give her a damn box of chocolates. I understand supply and demand, i'm not saying be Pablo and just flood the market till prices plummet and shit molds...but don't be so fucking stingy.
flip the script..
wh are you so goddamn greedy that you want them to change their business practices to accommodate your "needs"?
they can make 2X the money for the same product and it WILL sell without you.
I think I have a general understanding of business...I run multiple.
then you understand cutting price on a bulk discount when your product will sell at retail would be asinine..
I don't like their price and I no longer buy there, kinda already stated that but thanks for the tip
no problem,you are very welcome.
I'll take my moral blahblahblah where I please, 'merica!
aint 'merica great?!?!? we have the freedom to be as ignorant as we please!

castout

Veteran
I am def it in for the patient......I give away edibles, to anyone in need, always have, I have never charged a thing for edibles!!!! I was talking about the fact that GROWERS are the ones always getting screwed...ALWAYS. Dispensaries are a business, and they have to make money, but what the hell do they think we growers do? Survive off the land, and aren't running a business? Same with patients...we GROWERS need to survive, too. Whether it is legal/medical/illegal/non medical. NOBODY wants to compensate the GROWER, the person that works hardest of all!!!!!

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
if I was in CA I'd just grow my own!
srsly. y u no grow own weed?
picture.php