What's new

Discovery in Dumpster leads to major pot bust

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Asheville always has great weed. It's a cool mountain hippy city, and the surrounding Great Smokey Mountains are amazing. Sad thing too because this guy is over.

-Funk

iampolluted

asheville is a cool town.....smoked some great shit from those parts. last time was some dank assed blueberry. i used to have friends who got weed from there plenty of times. i'm sure it's pretty dry around those parts these days. i hope not, but it probably will be.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
54 pounds. I wonder how much of that was promix.

Still, 250 plants. That's a lot of potential. Octopus Garden might have to lay off staff.

i know i wouldn't risk growing an illegal garden whilst being totally dependent upon others dumpsters for disposal. hell, aint just growin it and gettin rid of it risky enough for you?
doncha know,
gotta stay low!

anditwasfun

I have friends in that state. I highly suggest everybody there to shut down shop and take a vacation...today rather than tomorrow! Be safe! Most of the stuff like this doesn't hit the papers! I've been hearing all sorts of things about 3-letter organizations compiling "lists"...from what i've seen, they aren't kidding.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
i know i wouldn't risk growing an illegal garden whilst being totally dependent upon others dumpsters for disposal. hell, aint just growin it and gettin rid of it risky enough for you?
doncha know,
gotta stay low!

Yeah. These guys had to drive to a dumpster anyway, might as well have bought black plastic bags and drove to the county dump. Not all taxpayers have commercial trash removal. Dumps typically have an area with dumpsters for the public. Only construction debris has to be driven into the field.

These days, I wouldn't risk throwing regular trash in somebody else' dumpster.

iampolluted

i used to take my stuff to the dump, double bagged, the top being contractor grade, inside that was the glad stretch bags (w/odor control) to minimize tearing. now, i recycle my soil, and toss the rootballs/leaf matter in the worm bin. the plant waste now feeds the plants by way of ewc. there's no waste anymore, unless it's ash from my bowl..... soil in a garbage bag won't raise a red flag usually. pot leaves, along with the dirt, will.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
i sir, obviously have never participated in any illegal activity of any sort.
part of it is risk analysis. if you can't safely dispose of 250 plants worth of by-product, perhaps you got too many plants for your own good. you're right, wtf anybody does with that much by-product in an urban environment, i'll never know. out here in the sticks, we compost, burn and bury our trash.

If you sir do not participate in illegal activities, why should anyone listen to your thoughts on how to play the game? Every spectating clown has opinions; but so do long time players.

Learning and taking advise is great, but never listen to someone who admits they have NO EXPERIENCE while simultaneously thinking they can contribute knowledge.

:joint:

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
are you speaking of the "long time players" that just got busted?
and yes, i am only a spectating clown with an opinion. nothing more.

ya its only the "real players" who admit to felonius activity on internet forums

Not true at all. As you can tell from this thread posers love to post as often or more often then "real players." Keep growing or start growing but be careful who's advise you listen to ;)

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
Doesn't sound like the cops were being entirely honest about how the bust went down. The timeline doesn't make sense imo.

My bet is he was being watched already, already had the GPS tracker on his car (warrants are now required for GPS...did cops have one?), went to the dumpster and the contents of the dumpster was checked immediately by the cops. Dirt and stuff was found and video was subpoenaed showing the car and occupant dumping it. That's enough evidence for a search warrant of the house and the rest is history. The cops don't make it a habit of telling everyone in media items how they do business.

B

BrnCow

Look for cameras/surveillance before you use any dumpster anywhere...best to go into the country and find a place with high grass that looks like it has not be used for some time...throw the bags over the fence and if need be, have your bud drive off for 5 minutes while you pull them away from the fence and spread the contents into the grass in a thin layer. A day later it is all dry and a month later it is assimilated into the environment with some real nice good quality grass growing where you spread it. First rain and it is gone...No trash left behind and go somewhere else next time...

M

MrSterling

Anyone who wants to talk about "players" or "game" should go fuck themselves. Most pot growers are stuck in this shit because the government won't legalize, not because they're badass muthafuckas who know how to play the game. How fucking dumb all that talk sounds.

And no question, you're a fucking idiot if you're growing 250 plants and your disposal plan for your setup is "use the local college dump". This guy obviously didn't think his plan through past all the dollar signs. ItsGrowTime probably has it right though. I'm betting this was the final step for busting that guy. They'd probably stunk his house a month previous, or he had someone rat on him, or they followed him home from the head shop. Whatever scenario, I'd bet money they were on him before the dirt.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Anyone who wants to talk about "players" or "game" should go fuck themselves. Most pot growers are stuck in this shit because the government won't legalize, not because they're badass muthafuckas who know how to play the game. How fucking dumb all that talk sounds.

And no question, you're a fucking idiot if you're growing 250 plants and your disposal plan for your setup is "use the local college dump". This guy obviously didn't think his plan through past all the dollar signs. ItsGrowTime probably has it right though. I'm betting this was the final step for busting that guy. They'd probably stunk his house a month previous, or he had someone rat on him, or they followed him home from the head shop. Whatever scenario, I'd bet money they were on him before the dirt.

Lots of judgement and poor vocabulary from one so critical of the language choice of others. Most players in this game are not "badass muthafuckas", they are hard working gardeners and distributors. Most growers and distributors willingly chose to play the game, they were not forced into the game by the government. The government has prohibited meth, and cannabis players are not cooking up death or exploding houses.

Choose the terms you enjoy and I'll keep my players v. pigs in this game of ours vocabulary. I personally don't like the term pot, and prefer cannabis; even so I would not tell you to go fuck yourself because of your choice of language. Perhaps you could benefit from being less opinionated about the free speech of others?

H

Homer J Pimpin

opnions are like assholes everyone has one and they all stink like shit...that said my opnion is if you do not grow weed then you have no business offering advice on how to do it on any level of the operation including trash removal......If you do not grow weed and visit this site then you are a poser and a chump and would be better suited to other "childrens marijuana sites" like riu and the lot you johnnybravos here would be a better fit there unless you'r a undercover pig in which case you are a idiot and should fit in nicely with your other uniformed half wits at your own station........cause if your looking for evidence on a secure website full of paranoid pot heads then you are just truely stupid.....Of course thses are only my opnions......

iampolluted

if you recycle your stuff, it's never an issue. look through my trash all ya want, won't find anything weed related. for >$30 you can let some worms break every leaf and stalk down for earth worm castings/or teas. even hydro guys can use ewc teas. i see no point in throwing my life in the trash (literally and figuratively) when recycling materials is 100% safer, smarter, and will actually benefit your grow.

you gotta be smarter than those chasing you. don't give em anything to go on and they can't get anywhere. people need to think with their heads instead of their wallets in this game, especially if you wanna keep playing.

castout

Veteran
No matter how they got busted, Govt has gotten another grower. We should all take a minute to lament the fact that we have lost another one of us...a grower.

Latest posts

Latest posts