What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Discovering Weed with Real Potency

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Maybe switch to resins if you want to go up a notch..

I had a break for a loooong time. After coming back into the circle I was experiencing highs which were akin to those of my first years smoking. It was very very worth it in my book.

As for the strongest varietal I've smoked? It was bubble and was mixed sativa (that's all I know of lineage) from two separate runs. Also the finest north Indian charas of the 2006 harvest (Almora) was mind blowing.... I've never had those types of experiences from weed.

Edit: I think PF is talking about the Gorilla Glue #4.. A clone only

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes that is correct Gorilla Glue#4.. Real good smoke I like her.. I herd good stuff can be found in 303 and Bodhi seeds..Im growing some Bio diesel, Bio Chem and some Goji OG.

Rastatrue

It's just my 2 cents but herb is a narcotic. Meaning you become tolerant with extended use. Causing you to increase your consumption. As a lifelong smoker, making herb stronger is not the point. A good smoke is one you enjoy. Getting wasted/blotto/ and next time it's gotta be stronger.....well you might want to decrease your tolerance. Or buy some real dope like heroin. A good smoke is one that you enjoy smoking. If your smoking to get blasted maybe you have some personal issues to ad
dress.

HarleyJammer

Veteran
Oh how i miss the early 80's when i first discovered MJ. Doubled over laughing hysterically buzz intense and lasted for hours. Or the super creeper that took 20 minutes to settle in.

They say weed is more potent today but its just not the same.

S

sourpuss

U want the old school strains, check ace seeds, cannabiogen, tom hill x18, there are a lot.

U want that fire power guaranteed, check bog seeds. Seems like exactly what your looking for.

S

sourpuss

Like u say I miss the old school high. Happy euphoric. Thats what I look for as well. I find there is almost no ceiling with the sativa sativa hybrids. When u find the right strain.

The weed is more potent these days but there is more less potent stuff floating around.

Good reason why I got back into this is I could grow my own for less and have some of the best buds in town.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Maybe the herb you smoke is a narcotic, maybe you need to find different herb.
All herb is not narcotic, far from it. Modern herb bred to produce massive buds under lights, with strong buds if you just smoke some, but very hard to get higher and higher and higher with it. It has a ceiling when smoked a lot. It is the terpenes or maybe CBD if any, that does this. If your herb is to narcotic, find a good herb that is up, high, clear, speedy, euphoric, cerebral, psychedelic, strong as hell and smells and tastes like the sweetest hash. Instead of a narcotic, physical, stoned, load-o, couch-lock weed.
All Cannabis is bi-phasic first you get high, stimulated, then you come down and crash (sleep). Different kinds are clearer or more narcotic, take your choice.
As a lifetime smoker if you are getting wasted/blotto/ and the next time it's gotta be stronger, well you might want to buy some real herb that you will enjoy.
If people want to get blasted, wasted, blotto, it is their business, different smokes for different folks is my motto...
Better then buying heroin, now, that will not help anything.
I don't even smoke much herb anymore, I just prefer dry sift, and I do not need more and more, and more, because of tolerance, believe me I smoke the same amount as I did 20 years ago.....
Smoke less if that is what you want, smoke more if that is what you want, but try different herb first, that will work better then stopping herb in the quest to decrease your tolerance, and trying to get high on herb that has a low ceiling and high tolerance. Find some you enjoy and has no to little ceiling or tolerance.
-SamS

It's just my 2 cents but herb is a narcotic. Meaning you become tolerant with extended use. Causing you to increase your consumption. As a lifelong smoker, making herb stronger is not the point. A good smoke is one you enjoy. Getting wasted/blotto/ and next time it's gotta be stronger.....well you might want to decrease your tolerance. Or buy some real dope like heroin. A good smoke is one that you enjoy smoking. If your smoking to get blasted maybe you have some personal issues to ad
dress.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Could it be tolerance built up? Whenever we go to Nederland, Spain, Portugal...we abstain for a week or more. Once we land, the fun begins.

I don't think American strains are any more (or less) potent than other European strains.

A lot depends on genetics, how it's grown, when it's harvested....good cure certainly improves the taste.

Yep, recall the Thai sticks and other ganja coming out of Jamaica, Columbia and parts of Mexico (not schwag) in the mid-late 70's. Maybe it set the bar quite high that now we recollect it being better.

Most of the time, "home grown" was bag seed...and potency wasn't nearly as high as now.

Problem is...I like it all! Different strains for different situations.

bigAl25

Veteran
yes, I do miss the uplifting do something high of the 70s and 80s Mexican and Colombian. Couch lock is ok sometimes, but I like my smoke to compliment the world around us, Like music, movies, other people, sex, food. Be it a sativa or indica or cross of the two.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yes, I do miss the uplifting do something high of the 70s and 80s Mexican and Colombian. Couch lock is ok sometimes, but I like my smoke to compliment the world around us, Like music, movies, other people, sex, food. Be it a sativa or indica or cross of the two.

You got that right!! ;o)

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
got several killer potency strains... sour bubble , black domina x bubbleberry being at top of list....if it aint potent it don't stay long no matter how good it taste or well it yields....

Scottish Research

ICMag Donor
Veteran
U want the old school strains, check ace seeds, cannabiogen, tom hill x18, there are a lot.

U want that fire power guaranteed, check bog seeds. Seems like exactly what your looking for.

My last grow from one of those guys mentioned above was ultimately so disappointing it prolonged my grief related depression. So, I'm a little hesitant to try any of their stuff again.

It would really be sad if I got my door kicked in for growing nice smelling hemp.

Don't get me wrong, I know they got some great gear, I'm just not sure I can take that risk again.

Scottish Research

ICMag Donor
Veteran
got several killer potency strains... sour bubble , black domina x bubbleberry being at top of list....if it aint potent it don't stay long no matter how good it taste or well it yields....

Yeah, well they all talked up the Sour Bubble recently, and then BOG's gear dropped, and guess what no Sour Bubble. I give up!

Scottish Research

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I took a month off.

I'm not a life long toker. I maybe had 4 months of daily use prior.

I'm also now more interested a healthier way to get THC into my system.

I would like to start making dry sift.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
Yeah, well they all talked up the Sour Bubble recently, and then BOG's gear dropped, and guess what no Sour Bubble. I give up!
sour bubble is forever...the quest for an even more inbred and then feminized seeds is half way there.......then its crossing time to a few other inbred strains yeehaw....thanks bog you da man..and fu bitch you got the 3 moms I got the hidden seeds.......sb rules.. the low yield is overcomed by fast finish and top potency and bag appeal....I did the math in the end I win......peace

R

rbt

healther way

healther way

I took a month off.

I'm not a life long toker. I maybe had 4 months of daily use prior.

I'm also now more interested a healthier way to get THC into my system.

I would like to start making dry sift.

I agree on better way to take in your Marijuana. I butter all my grow "well" most of it anyway. I mix one ounce of pure bud to 5 sticks of butter and decarboxylase for 6 hours at different temps. I mix a heavy CBD strain with a good THC strain, I have several different strains I have found Blue Moonshine & White Widow @ 70/30 or I also have a Northern Skunk & CBD Critical Mass at 50/50.

The part I have found is from community garden and the care givers help. This is where I acquired my strain by clone. We also have a big supply of old seeds/genetics but will give clones. Several people in my area have been buying seeds on line that the quality is diminishing. I have also found if you eat your consumables the smoke goes 3 times longer. This place is great for reference one of the best I have found but for university data bases I have found.

In my MS & Turrets help groups that I support It has been impossible to acquire different strains for their phenomes qualities commercially the marketing hype has not fared us well.

However if you are just looking for the psychoactive effect of THC I suggest bubble making or concentrates.

We all have been running MB ferts for 2 grows and they are spot on over 20 gallons from them now and not a bit of disappointment. We also use Facilitator....

Again I suggest look for community gardens that are for support and help for your needs.

S

sourpuss

Hey stoned trout, whered u get that black n blue domina from? Curiousity. Have heard great things about black domina and blueberry being one of my faves.

indabonga

Cannabis ****
Veteran
try to change the set up ? ...take your cuts to some friens with differents growing styles...also i see now a bit of hype about the flush: too yellow plants @ 50 days for a plant to 75/80 days like many of the chem crosses isn't too good :)