What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Different buds, different flush

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
Going from my own experiences.

Try it yourself. Use a load of PK booster right up until the end of flower. Watch the fireworks and taste the match head flavor!

Feed lots of Sodium Nitrate up until the end of flower and see if you can get your buds to burn white and fluffy.

Plants may be considered "healthy" when fed lots, and growing at full potential, but that doesn't mean we want to smoke healthy plants. I like smoking starving plants.

Peace

Dakine

Veteran
IMO, I do think the day/time you chop will effect the product as well.. I was also doing some thinking and instead of just plain water, what about adding some type of mineral/metal/nute(s)??

We all know that toxicity issues will lead to some sort of lockout.. So what about adding something during the flush to make the plant use up what ever we think causes the infamous black ash?

ALOT of people swear by using Black Strap Molasses during the flush. Which is mainly feeding the micro herd/world. Which would make them thrive, which in turn would be making them produce more available nutrients for the roots.. Thats of Course My Opinion..

BUT that also makes me wonder how adding more sugars, would force the plant to use up its reserves(Leaves)?

I do think an excessive flush would be bad and good.. I do think flushing out alot of the nutrients still in the soil might be a good thing, only if your trying to make leaves yellow towards harvest day. BUT destroying the microorgs in the soil has to be more negative then positive.

In my eyes I dont know why we would want to destroy the entire soil life we tried to create and maintain even before we had a plant in that soil or medium. When did starving ANYTHING be beneficial? BUT I'd be a hypocrite or am one, since I still flush for the last week of a plants life.. Sometimes I will usually chop the top half of a girl and raiser her closer to the light for another week just until I see some fading start to happen..

So even though I have my opinions on this subject. I'll still flush just because thats what "everyone" says to do. Even though there really is no "Scientific" back up on this, ill still follow the biggest herd. Even if the ones who stray and follow A different path might have found A place where the grass is actually greener on that side..

leet

it depends how the plants look. If they need some more nutrients for the final weeks and they look hungry ill just give them water. If they look good then I will put 2x-3x water a couple of times until the water runs clear.I will never put fertilizers 10-15 days before harvesting

S

sourpuss

Your water should always run pretty clear throughout the life of the plant. If not its building up salts and nutrients... feed water feed... i used to feed everytime. Ends up building up nutes.... if your perlite isnt white its got too much nutes in the soil.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
The OP mentions he uses Biocanna. Their feeding schedule suggests using the Bio Boost product up until harvest. I've tried it that way before and the only difference I noticed was using more of the expensive Bio Boost. Yield and quality were the same for that particular cultivar.

HarvestMoon303

Are you sure that it's not just the residual moisture left in the bud? Plants with more moisture are going to char up, but resist complete combustion, leaving some black stuff and a harsh taste.

sourkush

Yes i use biocanna so the water is brown when i pour it in and the same when it runs off the bottom.
I think organics are longer to flush because of how it works. From my understanding, when these nutes are in the soil they have to be processed to be available to the roots (i don't know how long is this process) so i think when you're feeding with organics it's for the future (the week after or something) and not directly for the present.

Just to let you know about my last grow. The 4 plants i've put in the shower until the runoff was the same EC than the tap water, were like 70/80% flushed (almost white ash, very soft ash, no nutes taste) but the others are about the same. So it didn't do much, good or bad, but they were flushed ok even though they were on the darker green side. I might do it again, will see

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Are you sure that it's not just the residual moisture left in the bud? Plants with more moisture are going to char up, but resist complete combustion, leaving some black stuff and a harsh taste.
Sorry, that doesn't wash. I can take bud in mid-flower and throw it in a pipe without drying it at all. It roasts to a white ash, without a flush.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
boil your roots, rookie
Seriously? We're talking single grower, small plant count, right? Can you imagine boiling the roots of a 1,000 acre farm?

Never had to do it myself, only ran across cleaner cannabis once in 8 years. I'll say there's no need to boil any roots. lol

mack 10

Veteran
Here's a strange one,
Harvested a plant, had usual 10-14 day flush.
Plant yellowed out as normal but when dry it would not burn properly.
Think I heard that too much N can cause this.
Go figure? So, what do you think caused this?
Never seen it before. Had no problems through the grow.
Grown in soil, fed bottled organic nutrients.
Plant was an ECSD hybrid.
Any ideas?

Care to explain this .....??

No cut and pastes either

Ya it's humor.

In my view flushing is a stoner bro's wishful idea of how biochemistry works. Structured water is the bio-equivalent to mermaid and or unicorn urine.

HAS ANYONE EVER SEEN LAB DATA SHOWING THE VALIDITY OF FLUSHING? Please post it.

Latest posts

Latest posts