What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Did you watch Trump last night, if not you should life could be in danger' .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cannavore

Veteran
that was a quote by MLK. i didnt post it to debate its significance i posted it to show he wasn't a republican

WelderDan

Veteran
This thread is a perfect example of why I don't discuss politics with my friends. When politics comes up, I change the subject, or find something else to do.

No good comes of it. Especially when you purposely name call and post derogatory memes. And then wonder why someone has an issue with it.

You know why. The intent is to antagonize. Fucking grammar school mentality.

You folks can act like children all you like. I'm out.

Somebody bin this thread, it has outlived its usefulness.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Yes......what you say makes a lot of sense, but there is no getting away from the fact that there is probably as many members that do like to talk politics as there are those like yourself that don't.

So long as these type of threads are kept in the Tokers Den and don't sully other forums I can't see any problem with allowing this type of discussion. At times these politically charged threads do get absolutely ridiculous, and I might have to interject, but I have found that if I ban and censor members/posts/threads all of the time it seems to cause more problems than if I just let them have at it......

If you don't like these types of threads, then my advice is to just stay out of them....There is usually one or two of them running on site at any given time, but they are contained to the Tokers Den.

We have to somehow cater to all tastes and persuasions, and trying to do that will always have one side agreeing and the other not, somewhere in between we might find some sort of balance.
This thread is a perfect example of why I don't discuss politics with my friends. When politics comes up, I change the subject, or find something else to do.

No good comes of it. Especially when you purposely name call and post derogatory memes. And then wonder why someone has an issue with it.

You know why. The intent is to antagonize. Fucking grammar school mentality.

You folks can act like children all you like. I'm out.

Somebody bin this thread, it has outlived its usefulness.

Brother Nature

I think these kinds of discussions are sorely needed in this day and age, as divisive as they can be. I don't think I could put it any better than the following quote so will place that here;

“Differences are not intended to separate, to alienate. We are different precisely in order to realize our need of one another.”
Desmond Tutu

People, or even a single person aren't the issue, the issue is the systems that enable and reward this derision. I think it's time for these systems to be checked. They were created by us so they can be amended by us, after all that is the purpose of a democracy right?

All this taking sides does is divide people. There's clearly not an easy answer to this all, but I think if people start thinking out of the box and coming together, better things will happen than if we build metaphorical (or physical) walls. Discussion is a catalyst for that so I believe its very much needed. Here's to hoping all this leads to better things.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I think these kinds of discussions are sorely needed in this day and age, as divisive as they can be. I don't think I could put it any better than the following quote so will place that here;

“Differences are not intended to separate, to alienate. We are different precisely in order to realize our need of one another.”
Desmond Tutu

People, or even a single person aren't the issue, the issue is the systems that enable and reward this derision. I think it's time for these systems to be checked. They were created by us so they can be amended by us, after all that is the purpose of a democracy right?

All this taking sides does is divide people. There's clearly not an easy answer to this all, but I think if people start thinking out of the box and coming together, better things will happen than if we build metaphorical (or physical) walls. Discussion is a catalyst for that so I believe its very much needed. Here's to hoping all this leads to better things.

True Brother, only thru debate, discussions and communication can we ever find the common ground with understanding how we all think and react over any given topic....

Censoring and blocking what we don't like to hear will not make that dissenting voice go away. It is far better to confront and interact with those that have opposing values, for then we may achieve a greater understanding of the underlying reasons for certain beliefs, and learn from that experience, even to the point of questioning our own.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
If it makes you feel better I don't have a nice house computer internet or heat.

Capitalism needs poor hungry people.

I guess I'm doing my part.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

turns out that Jim Carrey is a most excellent artist, he released
this one w/o revealing the name of its subject, but lemme guess.

4e5YrkK.jpg

Sarah, you make me sick :puke:

geneva_sativa

Wow Jim's commentary above the pic sounds like a description of movie stars, to a tee. . .

of course he considers himself a Buddhist, or was it, Eckhart Tolle disciple ?

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
It's hard to pigeon hole certain individuals but if you try really hard or just listen to someone else who has it figured out it can be accomplished.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

another deflection from the truth at hand.......

she lies like a rug, care to reply w/o the attempt at a distraction?

this thread AIN'T about Hollywood, nice try though.

EwuSm90.gif

mind games only work on the weak minded.

geneva_sativa

Just as a side note. . . there are professional trolls that have been posting prominently in this thread. . .

Using popular tactic of positing an opinion (that is often supported and held by many on a site) that could be considered "righteous". . .

Said troll will then posit very extreme opinions, which no righteous person would consider to entertain, in order to discredit the other positions they previously "supported". . .

This of course is done to discredit an opinion or point of view and any other opinions or points of view that are known to be "related", whether held by individuals or groups.

Ultimately it is used in attempt to divide, deceive, discredit, and drive-away any conversation on said topics.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
wasn't any mind game Stoner, just my observation

okay, and my observation figures like this: I made a political statement by posting that portrait, you in turn did not even TRY to defend Lucifer's whore (Sarah) as her position's not really defensible.

instead you went after the artist, a distraction or deflection in my eyes.

You can say whatever you want about Jim Carrey, but it doesn't make his words about Sarah any less true.......

and Stoner, the other post above, is also just my observation. . .

not intending you specifically as a target

thnx gs, I didn't think it concerned me specifically.

EasyGoing

yeah it's funny my mind thinks about issues that americans overwhelmingly agree on and want to see them implemented. what a pipe dream!
You missed my point...... You think you have the answers as to what Trump needs to do to win again. My point was, you were saying no chance in hell before the election. Your track record shows no wisdom.

Second, once again, funny the mind of a leftist...... Yea, that is what the country wants...... You really have no clue why Trump won do you?:tiphat:

I noticed you didn't answer the question either....... WHo would beat Trump in 2020? You know the one path he has to take to win, what about all the other paths, who does he lose to?

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Second, once again, funny the mind of a leftist...... Yea, that is what the country wants...... You really have no clue why Trump won do you?:tiphat:

Because the country is full of people who listen to AM radio?

Or is it because they worship the rich and famous?

geneva_sativa

okay, and my observation figures like this: I made a political statement by posting that portrait, you in turn did not even TRY to defend Lucifer's whore (Sarah) as her position's not really defensible.

instead you went after the artist, a distraction or deflection in my eyes.

You can say whatever you want about Jim Carrey, but it doesn't make his words about Sarah any less true.......

thnx gs, I didn't think it concerned me specifically.

okay, so i made a statement that you didnt like, sorry

and i didnt engage in an imaginary political debate, again sorry

but whatever man, hope you have a good day,. . .aint worth getting so upset about

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts