What's new

Did Trump save face by breaking America’s commitment to the JCPOA?

Satyros

i did read a lot of conflicting reports about the exchange between Syrian ground and the Israeli occupied Golan hights. there is even talk of 2 more downed f15's, but i think it's probably propaganda. would be hard for Israel to keep a bunch of casualties or destruction to one of their bases in the occupied golan hights secret? either way, Syria is not just letting Israel hit Syrian soil without retaliating, this is a change from previous operating procedure by the Syrian arab army. Syria did admit that it lost a weapons storage facility as well as some air defense systems. they claim some 28 Israeli jets were involved and that they shot from outside Syrian air space, making retaliation quite hard as the window is short. Syrians did say that they stopped about half the incoming missiles. they claimed to have retaliated with 50 ground to ground missiles aimed at a Israeli military base in the occupied Golan Heights. it could be that some got through the air defenses and thats why all the ambulances were needed, but so far its just a rumor.

To us, it is all rumours and propaganda. Russia reports the 28 Israeli jets, and Syria blocking most missiles. I haven't heard them speak to retaliation one way or another.

The Israeli line is something like there are 80,000 Iranians in Syria and they were obliterated in one sortie...doesn't come from the same story, but some time ago, they claimed massive presence of Quds forces. No one else ever said there were more than a few. Their infrastructure is said to be wiped out in one go.

Damage reports from the retaliation only come from Lebanese and Arab reports. All I can say is that it is hard to find Israel telling the truth; and regardless of whether the other side employs nationalist propaganda, they stick more to the facts. Israeli reporting is suppressed if not outright censored like soldiers' funerals. Western press just goes with whatever they say.

Iron Dome processes signals from satellites, balloons, planes, and ships, in order to attempt to explode right beside the warhead of an oncoming missile, which is usually in the middle. If it hits the nose or tail, the warhead will separate intact and most likely still detonate. Recent reports indicate this system has been triggered by gun fire.

Cannavore

Veteran

B7PwXZcCEAEkp2z.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts