What's new

Did I burn it with light and moisture? How to proceed?

Black5now

26.1.2013 Death of it

I transplanted it on the 25th, fresh soil, beer cup volume pot, and cut off the dried up leaves.

On the 26th, it was like this:

C'est la vie

:thank you: for the help and advice.
Now I'm off to germinate some more and probably kill some more :tumbleweed:

If your temp is 29°C you need to lower that asap. Try to aim for lower 20's man.

Also like I said before buy some soil from a Hydro shop specifically for our 'Kind' of plants.

If you can't get that, get some soil for 'seedlings' and mix some perlite in with it.

Also start your seedling in a very small pot the size of a cup. Water it very very lightly once every 2-3 days.

Basically you want low comfortable temperatures, very light soil specifically for seedlings thats nice and aerated (with perlite) and not too much water, just moist but not soaking wet.

If you do that you really can't fail. Oh... and leave it alone ;)

Black5now

If your temp is 29°C you need to lower that asap. Try to aim for lower 20's man.

Also like I said before buy some soil from a Hydro shop specifically for our 'Kind' of plants.

If you can't get that, get some soil for 'seedlings' and mix some perlite in with it.

Also start your seedling in a very small pot the size of a cup. Water it very very lightly once every 2-3 days.

Basically you want low comfortable temperatures, very light soil specifically for seedlings thats nice and aerated (with perlite) and not too much water, just moist but not soaking wet.

If you do that you really can't fail. Oh... and leave it alone ;)

Well the 29°C was on the soil I guess, under the lamp, the air was way lower.

But I've learned my lesson now, I'm germinating a bunch of seeds now, I'll leave'em sprouting till the tap root's about 1-2cm, then I'll place'em in this soil I bought which should be good since it's loose and light in a yogurt cup (250ml) for probably the first 2 weeks(your thoughts on this?) and I'm also building a wide box of wood for 10-20W of LED (Cool white) lights to place them under (I got the LED light boards from work, and I figured I'd use'em like this-I'll post pictures when It's finished). Comments?

Oh and btw, the ''leave them alone'' statements are really helping me not touch them :cathug:

Latest posts

Latest posts