What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Did California crush Colorado demand this Spring?

chefboy6969

OverGrow Refugee
Veteran
LOL all you guys complaining about prices make me fucking laugh...I am old enough to remember when marijuana in the USA..was a commodity... quality or not...if you could get smoke that's all you cared about...

NOW everyone thinks they are POT SNOBS...I only smoke OG Kush or Bubba or GS Cookies...lol

Seriously...if you love the plant and truly love growing...it will show in the quality...

The best weed I have ever smoked...I was only able to get a 1/4 ounce and it was organically grown Jack Herrer that was a real 1 hit quitter...

Usually not always but usually quality comes in SMALL BATCHES and is considered percy..not commercial

Commercial has changed...PK's are commercial now...fucking purple kush commercial...lol...The people that are really out of business are the gangs and organized crime...how do you think they feel right now

peace
Chefboy

macdiesel

LOL all you guys complaining about prices make me fucking laugh...I am old enough to remember when marijuana in the USA..was a commodity... quality or not...if you could get smoke that's all you cared about...

NOW everyone thinks they are POT SNOBS...I only smoke OG Kush or Bubba or GS Cookies...lol

Seriously...if you love the plant and truly love growing...it will show in the quality...

The best weed I have ever smoked...I was only able to get a 1/4 ounce and it was organically grown Jack Herrer that was a real 1 hit quitter...

Usually not always but usually quality comes in SMALL BATCHES and is considered percy..not commercial

Commercial has changed...PK's are commercial now...fucking purple kush commercial...lol...The people that are really out of business are the gangs and organized crime...how do you think they feel right now

peace
Chefboy

I'm with you man. Even though I'm in Colorado, I know that most in non-medical states smoke what they can get.

This uppity- connoisseur mentality here is laughable.

Look at this thread for example. I ask a simple question and people jump and say it's the quality of macdiesels shit! lol

FYI-I don't have any product right now. I wish I did. It blows out. Peep my sig. Make your plant x-mas tree. You fools don't even know what quality is, yet you put me on blast for quality when I asked a simple question that those IN THE KNOW agree on.

OMG QUALITY!!!

Hate to burst your bubbles, but growing weed isn't rocket science.
But keep convincing yourself it is. Your ego needs the nourishment. :tumbleweed:

S

SooperSmurph

I was worried, then the people I take care of saw the shit thats available to them elsewhere and came running back with cash waving, my next 10 packs are spoken for and they're not even dry yet ;)

al-k-mist

Mac, i think someone was saying that, in general, if someone is sitting on a bunch, its likely do to the quality...not necessarilly YOU
but that could be translated as 'the quality and the quantitiy does not match the price"
cannabis is cheap. i know there are haters and flamers, but it HAS to be cheap at the growers end, because it is then packaged, shipped, unpackaged, repackaged, and sold...and everyone wants a piece
i grow buds. i think i should get 3k each, because i KNOW it goes for 5 in NYC. but there are so many people wanting a cut
people are mostly FAKE pot snobs. they SAY what they only smoke, and want the prices to drop. 'oh, people around here dont want any outdoor, theyre all pot snobs, i guess i could move it if i get it for 12...its free to y'all, right'
needless to say, its much better getting 24, legally, to other patients. or even 2. than to deal with greedy folks who think its free to the grower
but i dont think they were talking about your weed. but saying 'peep my sig'...in addition to the vocabulary speaking a LOT about a person, pictures are nothing. anyone can take pictures of anyones shit, pics mean little. CONTENT of what you say is what means more, but the pics do count for something.
what im saying, is relax and, to quote you, pull a tube. people with giant grows, who get desperate to recoup investments, and get scared, sometimes have inferior product. and drop prices super low, just to dump the bud. then people have their shit they came to buy.(but then have a harder time getting rid of it, to re-up....) vicious cycle

macdiesel

Mac, i think someone was saying that, in general, if someone is sitting on a bunch, its likely do to the quality...not necessarilly YOU
but that could be translated as 'the quality and the quantitiy does not match the price"
cannabis is cheap. i know there are haters and flamers, but it HAS to be cheap at the growers end, because it is then packaged, shipped, unpackaged, repackaged, and sold...and everyone wants a piece
i grow buds. i think i should get 3k each, because i KNOW it goes for 5 in NYC. but there are so many people wanting a cut
people are mostly FAKE pot snobs. they SAY what they only smoke, and want the prices to drop. 'oh, people around here dont want any outdoor, theyre all pot snobs, i guess i could move it if i get it for 12...its free to y'all, right'
needless to say, its much better getting 24, legally, to other patients. or even 2. than to deal with greedy folks who think its free to the grower
but i dont think they were talking about your weed. but saying 'peep my sig'...in addition to the vocabulary speaking a LOT about a person, pictures are nothing. anyone can take pictures of anyones shit, pics mean little. CONTENT of what you say is what means more, but the pics do count for something.
what im saying, is relax and, to quote you, pull a tube. people with giant grows, who get desperate to recoup investments, and get scared, sometimes have inferior product. and drop prices super low, just to dump the bud. then people have their shit they came to buy.(but then have a harder time getting rid of it, to re-up....) vicious cycle

That's a fair post. Perhaps I took some of the comments personally.

I put a ton of energy into growing quality product so maybe I'm hyper sensitive about it.....but I know a lot of people in the industry, and even though the comments here contradict the ebb and flow of demand in Colorado, most who are wired in agree with me that the market fluctuates with California saturating the market in the Fall/Winter. Here's to a super rainy Summer in Cali!! :biggrin: j/k.....but not really. ;)

al-k-mist

thats fucked.
people have been copping in california for decades. colorado is new on the map so to speak. people start up big grow ops because they see others bank off of it.
and cali kids grow a lot, and sell it DIRT cheap to pay for land, taxes, etc...fast.
co has to play catch-up

macdiesel

thats fucked.
people have been copping in california for decades. colorado is new on the map so to speak. people start up big grow ops because they see others bank off of it.
and cali kids grow a lot, and sell it DIRT cheap to pay for land, taxes, etc...fast.
co has to play catch-up

indoor vs. outdoor.

We can't compete with Cali outdoor...gets too cold here in most places

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
one thing that's strange to me is seeing how cheap the retail price is in colorado mmj dispensaries compared to cali. growing more herb doesn't equate to cheaper retail in the cali dispensary market. the bottom fell out for mmj in Co at the dispensaries I see on places like weedmaps. the prices for high grade in cali dispensaries has stayed much higher than what I see advertised in oregon and washington also.

al-k-mist

^^^ one thing to consider is just what mac said
in co the weather may bee a factor in outdoor, but greenhouses rock out.
the 99plant limit allowed some to get lots of big plants.

in cali, a lot of the place is NOT weed-growin country. it is desert. or cities. or towns. so no big grows, and theres plenty of money
business people and entertainment people, with their dollaz, are what drives those dispenseries.
i tried to sell a dude top shelf nugz in san diego. his response was that he liked going in after work and buying different kinds, no matter the cost. thats the mindset one is dealing with
didnt mean to high-jack your thread, Macdiesel.
i know ol school deadhead kids who do greenhouse in colorado, do 2 harvests a year, and bank, and have no problems getting rid of it.