What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Did California crush Colorado demand this Spring?

macdiesel

Seems to me, everyone I know is sitting on product here in Colorado, and most blame it on a bumper crop from Cali.

Anyone have anything to add? Links to similar discussions?

dirtyskunk

All I'm saying is that I'm not worried about a bumper crop from Cali. I've had no problems, perhaps it's the quality of meds you're dealing with.

vostok

Veteran
Consumers are getting very picky these last few years....I got a nasty scare 2 years ago when prices fell, what am I gonna do...improve my quality, and improve and improve, same as the guy across the state line, it's all we got

peace
"V"

B

BasementGrower

that it does.. when the product is amazing.. there is no sitting... Hell when the product is amazing.. There is a week of curing maybe 2 before its gone smoked and over with ..

if quality is there.. shouldnt be worried about whats going on in Cali..

monsoon

Colorado is simply imploding upon itself. Lots of huge warehouse grows goin on with absolutely no one from the State licensing board checking in to see if they are growing 50 or 500 pounds. All the excess is hitting the street en masse' causing a glut in the supply.

If the quality is suffering it's because the commercial side is more into the profit than the quality of the product, not because there isn't any good weed in Colorado. I'm sure you guys see the same thing with the rushed-out-the-door weed in your area as well.

roll another one, just like the other one

monsoon

You just answered your own question. Supply and demand. Right now supply is greater than demand here. It has nothing to do with California.

spook719

I'm in the springs. It's all about quality and knowing the right people. The shit that comes from Cali is there bottom shelf that no out there wants so they try to bring it here. It's always outdoor same smelling bullshit lol. If you can't compete with that you need to step your game up or move to a non medical state.

macdiesel

I'm in the springs. It's all about quality and knowing the right people. The shit that comes from Cali is there bottom shelf that no out there wants so they try to bring it here. It's always outdoor same smelling bullshit lol. If you can't compete with that you need to step your game up or move to a non medical state.

I can't believe how many ignorant people post here.
90% of cali bud moves east like a plague across the united states in the fall after the harvest. More people are growing in Cali than anywhere else, and they can grow way more because they're outside.

Sorry, but most product grown in Colorado goes out of state, and mostly East too.
It's no mystery why demand goes up in the Spring......maybe some of you guys are new at this, but instead of mouthing off, listen...you might learn something.

You might also learn that your bud probably isn't as great as you think. Simple supply and demand economics dictate the market more than how great your product is. Who sells more cars? Ferrari or Toyota? LOL Go pull a tube and think about it. :hotbounce

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
if you been around long enough you would know cali and colorado are the new BC

you seen what happened to BC

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
it came into ny at 1200 just like the cali and co come in at low 2s real low 2s now

so they are 5 by the time they hit the street, top shelf weed service weeds still get at least 50 a gram on the street and 4-5k + in packs

people with dough have no problem paying for better