What's new

did anyone else hear that they changed FFOF?

jonezin

I'm pretty sure that the fungus gnats I had last grow were in the FFOF I used. I'm not 100% positive, but pretty close. Now this time I have thrips. Unless they somehow came in on mine or my wifes clothing they had to have been in the FFOF. The room is sealed and the only way they could have gotten in there is on her or my clothing or the soil.

The guy that told me about the changes owns/runs a grow store. He said they told him this stuff on the phone. And like I said in my first post, when I got the last 2 bags (from this guy) as soon as I opened it I noticed it wasn't exactly the same. I still had part of an older bag that I had been using to repot some plants and it ran out, as soon as I opened one of the new bags I thought something was up. Then a few days/week later or whatever it was a friend of mine asked me if I had heard that they changed it. But he heard it from the same guy I did so who knows....

G

good drown

i believe it about the bugs. i had the same problem the first few bags. killed them all and have been ok since. will be about 3 weeks before i need to mix up more

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
I didn't want to think it was the FFOF BUT couldn't think of anything else it could have been. I need to just mix my own stuff.

GeorgeSmiley

Remembers
Veteran
I'm pretty sure that the fungus gnats I had last grow were in the FFOF I used. I'm not 100% positive, but pretty close. Now this time I have thrips. Unless they somehow came in on mine or my wifes clothing they had to have been in the FFOF. The room is sealed and the only way they could have gotten in there is on her or my clothing or the soil.

I am 100% positive that fungus gnats came with the FFOF. I bought 25 bags this last summer for my outdoor tropicals in containers (20 gal) and gnats were present, long hunks of bark (west coast),

That said, nature took care of it but my houseplants got them. But I'm done after 6 years.

H

headfortrinity

FF joined with the company in grass valley that produced happy frog soil, the problems started when they merged.

I used a bag that I had from last year and no problems. I just went and bought some more FFOF about a week ago and all of a sudden I've seen fungus gnats flying around. WTF I guess I'll have to mix in some diatomaceous earth.