What's new

Diasbling GPS tags on pictures!!!!!

It has been found that a person can be easily tracked and the location of the photo they posted easily found if taken with a gps enabled cellphone. The location data is easily accessed when somebody takes a photo (in here of their grow-op) and posts it online, or on social media. Every picture is tagged with gps coordinates if you do not disable the location services feature on your specific phone in regards to the camera function. Its easy on Iphones, just go to settings>location services>camera and turn it off. Basically, If you take a picture of your grow and the gps was enabled, someone can easily find the Long/Lat coordinates and therefore, your grow. Watch the video. I searched the threads, didn't see anything about it, so beware. Its currently being used by pedophiles to "window shop" kids.....

" http://www.youtube.com/embed/N2vARzvWxwY?rel=0 "

J20C

This has been known for a while, it's called EXIF data.

There's no need to flip out. If you're running a linux based computer, just grab all the files you want to strip (I create a folder), then put them in there. Then open up a terminal session and grab mogrify:

sudo apt-get install mogrify

Then simply navigate to the folder where your pictures are stored, and issue the following commands:

mogrify -strip *.jpg

Of course if you have a different extension (.png, .bmp, jpeg, etc.) change the last bit, but it'll strip all the EXIF data out fo the files.

Alternatively, if you're in Windows, just open it up, and change the dimensions in some program like paint and save and you'll be good I hear.

Hazy brain

There are many metadata strippers to be found by a google search. But I do one better. I use my last phone to take images with the dummy SIM card that's in it. That SIM card does nothing at all but make it possible for the phone to function except to make calls. No metadata is recorded on any images.