What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Diagnose this plant?

Rtaym22224

4A3BA28D-D08B-4E83-B45F-CB19179C41C1.jpeg

These are in freshly mixed soil fox farm ocean forest mixed with recipe 420 soil I mixed in bat guano and earthworm castings and about 20% perlite. I dont think I could possibly be having a deficiency?

Lights on 77 degrees 65% RH co2 900-1300ppm at all times lights on vpd good
Lights off 66 degrees 40% RH no co2

Waterings with ph corrected water. I use a tiny amount of big bloom each watering maybe 200ppm

Attachments

• 76667CFD-EEA2-4CEC-9E9F-F0DCAA0B7A27.jpeg
    76667CFD-EEA2-4CEC-9E9F-F0DCAA0B7A27.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 57

revegeta666

Hi. Looks like a magnesium deficiency to me, pretty advanced sorry. The one in the back seems even more advanced. They also look overwatered. Maybe the yellow traps are preventing the soil from drying. I assume you placed them that way because you have fungus gnats. If so, you might be making the problem worse by keeping the surface of the soil wet.

Are you using led lights? Adding calmag when you water, and/or dolomite lime and Epsom salts in the soil mix should prevent the deficiency.

Sorry if I'm being rude, not my intention but you should have asked for help a few weeks ago imo.

Last edited:

VenerableHippie

Yes, to all above. I think over-watering is most significant issue. But as 3B says foliar feed epsom salts can't hurt. (Put half teaspoon in a 500ml (1 pint) sprayer like yr Mum used to use when ironing ... oh gosh you are prob a millenial and don't know what the fuck ironing is ...)

Rtaym22224

Yes, to all above. I think over-watering is most significant issue. But as 3B says foliar feed epsom salts can't hurt. (Put half teaspoon in a 500ml (1 pint) sprayer like yr Mum used to use when ironing ... oh gosh you are prob a millenial and don't know what the fuck ironing is ...)
Can you please explain how I go about ironing cannabis?

I’ll try Epsom spray on the ones I kept

Replaced my plants with a few new ones

Rtaym22224

Sprayed with Epsom salts.

I saw two fungus gnats in my tent panicked and laid sticky traps. They caught zero fungus gnats. I have great airflow a decent amount of perlite and im using thin grow bags. The top of my soil almost always looks dry. I have good airflow and breeze over my plants at all times.

The soil seems to dry quickly at the top of the soil and very quickly around the edges of the grow bag. It results in looking like the soil is loose around the edges but compacted towards the center. I think I’m not over watering

Sprayed with Epsom salts as recommended didn’t put any through the soil

I think when I water I’m not watering evenly or thoroughly enough I think I’m experiencing dry pockets around the root ball my watering I know is off because I only see about five percent runoff…

That probably has lead to a salt buildup I will flush with distilled my next watering

Have new plants sherbadough, double dos I dos, and purple punch.
Transplanting them into a 5gal much thicker grow bag tomorrow am at lights on.

Healthiest clones I’ve ever found.

Will try my best not to repeat my errors

Photo attached of what soil looks like

Attachments

• 47D51535-CB41-4CBF-A557-3CE1E961016A.jpeg
    47D51535-CB41-4CBF-A557-3CE1E961016A.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 53
  • 1BA133D9-E4EE-430D-89DC-B9C07585DDB7.jpeg
    1BA133D9-E4EE-430D-89DC-B9C07585DDB7.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 67
  • 0A1352C7-41F0-4368-82B1-82A064A505D5.jpeg
    0A1352C7-41F0-4368-82B1-82A064A505D5.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 55
Last edited:

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
The top photo is caused by too many nutrients. Your plant has locked up major nutrients from excess nutrient over-exposure. You don't need to add anything to FoxFarms but water only in the first 6 weeks. When using Foxfarms you only need pure water in one-gallon pots for up to 6 weeks. The plants below are pure water only in Fox Farm potting mix. No fertilizer pure water only. 😎

IMG_2236.JPG

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
When you mixed fox farm ocean forest mixed with recipe 420 soil and added amendments you made the mix too hot. 😎

stiff

Veteran
If you ever have dry pockets building up, its a good idea to dunk the whole pot under water till no more airbubbles rise to the top. bathtub is the way to go usually. A drop of detergent in the water might speed it up if the substrate behaves hydrophobic

linde

check soil ph. ill bet u a bud its too low and therefore locking out the magnesium intake.

VenerableHippie

If you ever have dry pockets building up, its a good idea to dunk the whole pot under water till no more airbubbles rise to the top. bathtub is the way to go usually. A drop of detergent in the water might speed it up if the substrate behaves hydrophobic
Also this is a good way to flush if you agree with the poster who said yr soil is too hot. Dunking the pot then letting it drain a few times won't hurt.

Rtaym22224

I ran 3.5 gallons of ph corrected distilled through the plant that was overfed. The first runoff came in at 6.0 ph and 1800ppm. After the full 3.5 gallons it was at 6.6 and 450ppm runoff.

Sprayed again with Epsom salts. Figured out my mistake with this one not gonna repeat it

Rtaym22224

I am putting 3 well established clones 24-32” tall from cubes (the roots extend beyond the bottom of the container, do I cut these off before transplanting?) into 1 gal grow bags. How much water should I put through after transplant?

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
The hardest thing for people to learn is that plants don't need a lot of nutrients. In the horticulture free world business, people use too much fertilizer. I posted the plants above to show plants don't need a lot of fertilizer—just good water. PURE WATER. 😎

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I am putting 3 well established clones 24-32” tall from cubes (the roots extend beyond the bottom of the container, do I cut these off before transplanting?) into 1 gal grow bags. How much water should I put through after transplant?
Keep the clones planted at the same level as they were in the cloning media. Don't bury them deeper than the original root flair below the surface.

Water just until a tiny bit of water starts to come out the bottom of the pot, then stop. Remember the amount of water you used for the next time. Don't wash out the nutrients from a lot of extra runoff. HOLD your run-off water to keep the nutrients longer. 😎

linde

The hardest thing for people to learn is that plants don't need a lot of nutrients. In the horticulture free world business, people use too much fertilizer. I posted the plants above to show plants don't need a lot of fertilizer—just good water. PURE WATER. 😎
I agree people don't realize excess nitrogen not only burns plants but lowers soil ph. then nutrients get locked out and soil turns into a toxic mess. less is more sometimes!

Three Berries

I used three different soils this year and what a difference. Fox Farm Ocean Forest, Happy Frog and ProMix BX with the mycors.

:eek:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The more Sativa dom the genetics are the less N is needed IMO. Here is my veg recipe. For flower its different. It doesn't get any easier than this. You do not need a bunch of stuff to grow quality.

Medium: Promix HP
Nutrients: PBP grow
PH: 6.3-6.5......6.4 is the sweet spot for me..
PPM: 450-500 ppm with my meter set on 700 scale. Setting it on TDS the same mix is only 350ppm. TDS has caused many over fed issues for me.
Microbes often
Silica 1x every 3 weeks. Be careful using too much. It can cause plants to grow like a reveg.

Make sure you are giving plants the needed Wet/Dry cycles. Do not keep your medium wet all the time. I feed depending on how dry my plants are. If you feed when plants don't need it your asking for issues. Always remember less is more when growing.

Latest posts

Latest posts