What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Diablo 3 anyone?

Sykk

Im a WoW player and have been a Diablo player from day one. I have rushed more to 99 in Diablo II than i have smoked! Been waiting patiently for III to come out.

Zen Master

Cannasseur
Veteran
Does anyone remember 'white' rings in D2?

shit I remember when SoJ's were worth something.

Loaded up the original Diablo on all the computers in my highschool drafting class, haha teach didn't really like that.

buddy of mine has been itchin for this release, I'm sure he's lost a few pounds and has bags under his eyes right now.

I think the game is kind of sad personally. I remember getting my hands on D1 as a kid probably 11 years old and then finally getting d2 a few years later. I haven't played constantly but have played off and on even up until now. So of course I picked up D3 but talk about lame.. Blizzard really fucked this one up, to me it is NOTHING like the diablo series other than the story. It's so bad i've been calling the game Fauxablo 3.

It's kind of sad how alot of elements in the game were stolen from other RPG's such as GW, WoW, etc.. Even the new TP system was taken from a free MMO that I can't remember the name of right now.

It is a sad attempt at a sequel for sure. Maybe because I hate WoW but it just reminds me so much of it..

EDIT: the best part about the game is the cinematics.. they shouldn't have worried so much about inferno and the auction house and focused on content. I'm a hardcore only player and personally think it will be impossible to Hell/Inferno on HC

bChiefing

totally got to try out the beta about 3/6months ago, was killer. even got to use my buddies awesome 3 monitor, solid state hard drive desk top that I've nicknamed The Matrix cuz once you sit down you're plugged in!

OrganicBuds

Veteran
I beat the game last night on normal. I have been super busy at work, pulling 12 hour days. Some how I find the time to still beat the game, but I have lost a lot of sleep. I think work may have suffered from lack of sleep, but it was worth it. Now nightmare mode.

I have to disagree with Greenthumb. I thought the game was just ok at first, but once you get to the later levels, it is amazing. The battle with Diablo lasted a good 20 min before My bro and I got him. It took 22 hours for me to beat the game on normal with help from my bro the whole way. That is a good amount of game play. Shoot, I can beat Halo, call of duty ext in less than 7 hours.

I beat the game last night on normal. I have been super busy at work, pulling 12 hour days. Some how I find the time to still beat the game, but I have lost a lot of sleep. I think work may have suffered from lack of sleep, but it was worth it. Now nightmare mode.

I have to disagree with Greenthumb. I thought the game was just ok at first, but once you get to the later levels, it is amazing. The battle with Diablo lasted a good 20 min before My bro and I got him. It took 22 hours for me to beat the game on normal with help from my bro the whole way. That is a good amount of game play. Shoot, I can beat Halo, call of duty ext in less than 7 hours.

Honestly the first play through I beat normal on Hardcore SOLO, it easy as hell. Beat it in less than 18 hours all together, then was level 36 on NM and just get screwed on one of the dumbest monsters in the game. Once you have to restart (if you play hc) you just realize that the replay value is not there

OrganicBuds

Veteran
I would never play hardcore mode, seems like no fun at all. Seems like there would be a lot of leaving the game right before you die, like Halo when somebody doesn't want a loss on their record.

I would never play hardcore mode, seems like no fun at all. Seems like there would be a lot of leaving the game right before you die, like Halo when somebody doesn't want a loss on their record.

d2 used to have that feature where you could just immediately leave but the way they set d3 up you have to wait to leave so you can't do that anymore :(

Blimey

Take A Deep Breath
Veteran
d2 used to have that feature where you could just immediately leave but the way they set d3 up you have to wait to leave so you can't do that anymore :(

Yeah....10 seconds to leave a game, and no setting up a town portal ready for if/when you need it.

Playing hardcore myself....nothing gets the adrenaline going like knowing you could be dead very quickly if you aren't on top of everything.

Certainly gets a lot more interesting once you've got a decent selection of skills to choose from.

Are peeps using the Auction House?....for me, it takes a lot of challenge out of the game if you can just pick up a full set of decent rares for dirt cheap.

I miss the skill tree and different builds from d1 & d2, now every character is almost exactly the same. not much room for other builds per char

I personally don't like the AH, I miss the days of doing boss MF runs and searching for all my gear. I guess you can still search for your own gear but on HC in nm and above you will get raped by rare and champion packs and then just have to start over for something dumb. They definitely got rid of the days where you could just run the bosses and find good items and I miss it! HC is way too hard, I died at 36 in nm and honestly don't see myself picking back up and going at it again.

OrganicBuds

Veteran
I only use the auction house to sell items. I haven't bought anything yet. You can get a lot more money for selling items if you post them at the AH.

Can you still do PvP duels?

Latest posts

Latest posts