What's new

dep tunnel ?

phrank

Does anybody here use dehumidifiers in their dep tunnels? It is pretty cold here at night, so the tunnels have to be "sealed" and heated (propane). Because of this, humidity climbs. A dehumidifier seems to be an easy fix. Your thoughts..?

RckyMtRdnk

They also add heat, which adds more humidity in that situation, which creates a vicious cycle. I have actually rigged up a squeegee with a water catch on it for the roof before. Worked but it's a pain.

theJointedOne

Veteran
Can you get rid of the clear plastic halfway through flower?

If so I'll think you'll be ok

I'm guessing you are off grid, hence the propane heater. However if you can maybe a little electric heater? It will still create moisture but not nearly as much

phrank

more questions...

more questions...

It's supposed to be in the 50s here tonight. Maybe I will try and leave the propane burners off. Your thoughts..?

Limeygreen

Veteran
Should you look to dehumidify if you're seeing condensation on the leaves even before flower to help prevent mildew?

theJointedOne

Veteran
Powdery mildew starts in dry dark warm. It spreads easiest and hence is much more visible in wet dark warm, since water moves the spores.

If you have pm already it may show up, otherwise plants love to be hot and humid, as long as you have the right amount of moisture in the soil.

Latest posts

Latest posts