What's new

Deo's Goofy Bootz '14 - 1200w Multi-Strain Grow Show

DeoXy

Looks Great :tiphat: Love the Twisted Lemon

Will be back and hit you with some rep after I spread some more around :biggrin:

Thanks unreg.!.. she deff. is one sexy bitch.. ended up with 4 different phenos from seed and they are all keep worthy IMO.. very excited to see her finish up :biggrin:

DeoXy

Deo what size pot was that 6-9 footer in?
looking nice.

Hey bug!.. they are all sitting in 3gal pots of coco/compost/perlite - 60/25/15... I'll throw up some better pics next water when I move them around.

Last edited:

DeoXy

Nice bud shots man, that v+b worked well!!

Thanks alpha!.. and It deff. did :biggrin:... I absolutely love v+b.. it's all I use now last 3 runs.. and after spending 100's on other lines, I just can't go back to buying and mixing multiple bottles of high priced watered down nutrients/additives to achieve the same result.. just weigh and mix then feed.. simple!

Last edited:

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
If V+B is so great then why are you running 25% compost:biggrin: That stuff is like almost 3 times the cost of Maxibloom and was no better when I tried it. But if you like it that's all that counts:tiphat:

DeoXy

If V+B is so great then why are you running 25% compost:biggrin: That stuff is like almost 3 times the cost of Maxibloom and was no better when I tried it. But if you like it that's all that counts:tiphat:

Hey stoned40yrs.. the reason I am running compost is really only to get away with not having to water every day by hand with coco.. it holds moisture for an extra day or so which helps my busy ass out.

.. and as far as comparison check it out, I used maxi for over a year before and still have the bag but for me personally with my water as a basis v+b mixes way better/cleaner.. is more pH stable and not having to supplement such things as fulvics/humics, silica, aminos etc and having a lot more ca and mag ratio which eliminates the need for calmag supplement already justifies the price difference to me.. not to mention I have NEVER had to run the v+b @ more than half strength - 2-3grams per gal. through cycle compared to 5-7grams with maxi.. pH down has also been eliminated for the most part.

To each their own and I am NOT a maxi hater.. the purpose of K.I.S.S. is simplifying nutrient use.. making it easy and affordable to achieve good end results.. and if that is maxi or v+b or jacks or w/e then I'm all for it! .. Thanks for stopping by and keeping it civil lol

Last edited:

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
being we r still talking v+b, i used it last seed run,v+b dirty in soil mix,i was happy with the resulse.an yea i only used 1/2 teaspoon per gal.

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
Hey stoned40yrs.. the reason I am running compost is really only to get away with not having to water every day by hand with coco.. it holds moisture for an extra day or so which helps my busy ass out.

.. and as far as comparison check it out, I used maxi for over a year before and still have the bag but for me personally with my water as a basis v+b mixes way better/cleaner.. is more pH stable and not having to supplement such things as fulvics/humics, silica, aminos etc and having a lot more ca and mag ratio which eliminates the need for calmag supplement already justifies the price difference to me.. not to mention I have NEVER had to run the v+b @ more than half strength - 2-3grams per gal. through cycle compared to 5-7grams with maxi.. pH down has also been eliminated for the most part.

To each their own and I am NOT a maxi hater.. the purpose of K.I.S.S. is simplifying nutrient use.. making it easy and affordable to achieve good end results.. and if that is maxi or v+b or jacks or w/e then I'm all for it! .. Thanks for stopping by and keeping it civil lol

Sounds good and it works great for you:tiphat: Shipping cost would kill me on things like Jacks and V+B compared to going to the store down the road and buying a $15 bag of MB. I used the V+B at a higher dose so maybe that was my problem before. IDK. I don't need anything else with MB. No humic/fulvic, silica, aminos, cal mag etc. MB comes out right at 5.7 with my well water, no need for up and down. I do add .5ml dripclean. My well water comes out of the ground at 42 degrees, I dump 5tsp MB in a 5gal bucket with the water and use a 18v dewalt drill with a homemade paddle attachment and I got my nutes all mixed and ready in less than 1 minute:biggrin: I may start trying the floralicious+ with MB, seems to work ok with 6/9. Goodluck!:tiphat:

DeoXy

Sounds good and it works great for you:tiphat: Shipping cost would kill me on things like Jacks and V+B compared to going to the store down the road and buying a $15 bag of MB. I used the V+B at a higher dose so maybe that was my problem before. IDK. I don't need anything else with MB. No humic/fulvic, silica, aminos, cal mag etc. MB comes out right at 5.7 with my well water, no need for up and down. I do add .5ml dripclean. My well water comes out of the ground at 42 degrees, I dump 5tsp MB in a 5gal bucket with the water and use a 18v dewalt drill with a homemade paddle attachment and I got my nutes all mixed and ready in less than 1 minute:biggrin: I may start trying the floralicious+ with MB, seems to work ok with 6/9. Goodluck!:tiphat:

Yea I can deff. see where the cost can get out of hand.. I started having to plan ahead and order more v+b(bigger tubs) then I need so I don't run out as waiting for a package to arrive plus multiple shipping charges on small orders sucks & does add up.. I deff. don't think those added supplements are neccasary to grow good herb but the plants sure do love 'em so why not have them as part of the mix from the start?

I tried so many different ways of getting the maxi to mix all the way but would always be left with undissolved chunks at the bottom of my watering bin no matter what I did.. v+b for me is clean though.

I also use drip clean.. love the stuff.. seems to work as advertised and a bottle lasts for a while lol.. I also am trying FP+ for the first time to test it out.. gave em a few feeds with it.. haven't ran without so I'm not sure how much if any of a difference it will make as I have nothing to compare to just yet.. guess we will see!

DeoXy

Quick lil update.. Currently in 7th week of flower

Quick lil update.. Currently in 7th week of flower

They are really finishing up nicely.. looks like a couple of the bunch will be done right around the 8-9week mark and the rest will follow within 1-2 weeks of that.. I have started lowering the EC of my v+b feeds for some of the plants.. starting to get a nice fade going.. not too much longer :biggrin:.. Keep in mind I don't have any of these dialed yet as it is my first run(from seed) and they have deff. lived a rough life but I hope that I get at least something close to a lb come harvest.. I don't think that's an unreasonable expectation given the amount of plants + long veg time sitting under two 600w hps lights w/ new bulbs.. got my fingers crossed!

Snapped a few shots after lights out yesterday.. let me know what you guys think?

All in week 7 of flower
(1 of 2) :

Chem. IBL

20141102_080127_zpscblqfgim.jpg

20141102_080148_zpswdr3id4d.jpg

Twisted Lemon OG

20141102_080121_zpsa4v0niav.jpg

20141102_080037_zps3lciq8u5.jpg

Last edited:

DeoXy

CONTINUED...

CONTINUED...

Continued (2 of 2)....

GSC bagseed

20141102_080023_zpsrwu8xkqw.jpg

Room shots of the floppy overgrown jungle

20141102_011829_zpsxo2tunjk.jpg

20141102_012017_zpsnkeyjsnd.jpg

20141102_011957_zpset1yq4at.jpg

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
jesus dude ! talk about overgrown lol , but i've been there so many times myself .thats the reason i started using nets was to help control their height & its helped a little .

Forest20

ICmag's Official Black Guy
Veteran
Deo... nice garden jungle you have there :joint:...Deo you said you had problems mixing maxi..have you tried using hot water to dissolve it?

DeoXy

jesus dude ! talk about overgrown lol , but i've been there so many times myself .thats the reason i started using nets was to help control their height & its helped a little .

Yea its crazy lol.. has made moving them around almost impossible.. won't happen again though.. going to build a nice sturdy screen for the next round and reduce veg. time considerably.

If you look you can see the strips of wood on the sides that I put up to tie the nylon trellis and it failed hard.. no matter how tight I tied it down.. lesson learned.

Last edited:

DeoXy

Deo... nice garden jungle you have there :joint:...Deo you said you had problems mixing maxi..have you tried using hot water to dissolve it?

Thanks for the kind words Forest20!.. as far as the maxi, when I was using it I did try the hot water in a mason jar method.. tried mixing it vigorously and even letting it sit in watering bin over night with pump moving it around and I would still get undissolved chunks that would settle.. Keep in mind I do think part of it had to do with my tap water and part to do with possible bad batch of maxi?.. either way I gave up on it.. got tired of chasing plant problems that I attributed to it and moved on to greener pastures(v+b) and haven't had any issues since.. I also know I wasn't the only person who had that issue from what I read online.

Last edited:

DeoXy

What's the lineage of the Twisted Lemon?

Hey Amannamedtruth.. the lineage of the Twisted Lemon OG is as follows :

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]twisted purple og x sfv og bx 1 X lemon snow

Lemon snow is Larry og x snow dash bx1
[/FONT]

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
:faint: Holy Fracking Floppy Jungle Bitches Batman :faint:
Kinda got away from ya didn't they bruz :bigeye:
Brings a smile to my face because that's what my indoors would look like bruz, over-vegged over-grown trees fracking everywhere :good:
Should be a decent harvest once you get all the fire wood ouuta there
:plant grow:

amannamedtruth

Veteran
Hey Amannamedtruth.. the lineage of the Twisted Lemon OG is as follows :

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]twisted purple og x sfv og bx 1 X lemon snow

Lemon snow is Larry og x snow dash bx1
[/FONT]

Gotcha. Looks and sounds great. hope you have a healthy mom :yummy: