What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Denver's "Second Marijuana Bill"

MostHigh

The citizens of Colorado...ought not compromise one bit.

So what if its marijuana. That's no reason to let the state government dictate the terms of cultivation, purchase and consumption.

After decades of government lies and unhinged prosecution, lives lost, property stolen...it's the government who should be compromising...not the citizens.

First on my list, if there's to be no profit in operating an organization...then the state had damn well better drop that $90 annual medi-mj license fee that it profits from.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^the part of the bill that forces doctors to give up patient records is unconstitutional. It is an already protected right. I dont think any case stemmed from this information can lead to prosecution in court. If you have a good lawyer that is.

Duckmang

I couldn't agree more most high. If the state thinks that MMJ should be non profit then then they shouldn't be allowed to tax it. They've already taken money from the mmj fund and put it into the general fund, so the state obviously doesn't mind profiting from it.

I'd urge Sensible CO to put up two ballot measures and collect signatures for both at the same time. One to handle the dispensing regs like has been already discussed. Another to prevent the state from taxing mmj as well as lowering the app fee to no more than 30$

BigTop

Their sense of urgency in addressing a "hot" subject is understandable. Really it is.

The concern is that they are rushing to implement some means of control without fully thinking it through from all angles. I can see the "why" behind certain sections, but the effect will not be desirable by any side.

They already attempted to address reckless patient additions by medical practitioners. Now they want to deal with the selling/dispensaries. Slow down & think it through... maybe a voter initiated break is exactly what is needed...???

The more control the state has on taxing pot the more restrictions will be lifted for obtaining it. Once they see how much they can make from mmj full legalization wont be that far.

W

whiterasta

Take a hard look at Oregon and how an already restrictive MMJ law has been hacked to an almost unrecognizable form and learn to watch carefully those who advocate at the capital. Those advocate in this state have traded most of the protections in the original bill away and we are left with a ridiculous law which makes little sense from a patients standpoint. WE have no dispensary clause and grey area "delivery services" advertise in the shopper and charge $$$$. Oregon's law is a freaking mess and was made so intentionally by it's opponents and some supposed patient advocates.
Watch out Co the chipping away has begun.
WR

W

whiterasta

Apparently the member OC80 thought the post above un helpful and worthy of a negative rating. That is all well and good but those who deny history will repeat it. All I am saying is keep close tabs on those doing the advocating at the capital that they keep patients needs ahead of LE's desires. Good advice for all MMJ states.
WR

Latest posts

Latest posts