What's new

Dense Nugs??

Danksta408

What's up fellow greenthumbs??........I wanted to know how to get thick, solid, dense nugs from your plant.........Is it all genetics or are there certain things you need to do or feed your plants??

Danksta408

Yes, but all I got was info I know already........I'm just interested in the main neccessities the plant needs such as lights and light type, types and quantities of nutrients, training methods, veg time and flower time

Most will say 1k lights, and I don't think veg times or training methods determine bud hardness or density. I think most things that determine what you're looking for are strain genetics and nutrients used at the proper time and quanity. I could be wrong but I'll be lurking to see what kind of answers you get.

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
itz ALL 'bout the THC.......
Temperature
Humidity
Consistany
the true key too sucessful plantz iz total enviromental controls...at ALL timez.... :joint:

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
It has a lot to do with genetics

But if you can keep your heat down, and the lights up, this is a recipe for dense buds

If you plants get too hot, they transpire,( like plant sweat) to keep cool, so bud will grow a bit airier, in an attempt to stay cool, cooler temps allow buds to pack it on. Optimum temp is about 78 degrees.

Danksta408

DeebeeAhhSee said:
O man I wasn't even thinking.... Temperature!
Thanks, for the reminder, sometimes you just have a brain lapse.
Or what I like to call a "Brain-Fart".........lol

So what's the real deal on CO2??..........Under what circumstances do you need CO2??........What are the benefits??........Can you use the CO2 cartridges used for airsoft guns??

MHHSP

CO2 is one of the basic "building blocks" that allows for plants to effectivly make their own sugars...ya know photosynthesis.
CO2 when properly used will improve yields... up to 20 percent or so. CO2 is most needed for HID set ups where the light intensity is great.
As for the air gun CO2, if you could somehow regulate/slow the release of CO2 it may work, but my guess is it would be ineffective.
Your best bet, depending on your set up is to get a CO2 tank with a regulator, although that can get a little pricey.
For a smaller set up you could use alcohol fermentation. Get 3-4 gallon jugs and fill then with warm water, 4 cups dissolved sugar, and active yeast. Poke a hole on the tops and place the jugs around the grow area. Each jug lasts about a week before the yeast begin to die under their own alcohol production. Start new jugs every few days and rotate them for a constant supply of CO2. I believe a DJ Short method.

Danksta408

Thanks MHHSP..........I was thinking about using this:

It's for blowing dust out/off of your keyboard and electronics..........I would have to manually administer it.........But it's the same thing, right??........I was thinking maybe 1/2 a cartridge in when the lights turn on (fans off) and in the evening before the lights go off (fans off)...........What do ya think??

MHHSP

Yeas its all just CO2, its just the amount that I would be concerned about. You want to shoot for levels around 1200-1500ppm.

Now to use CO2 correctly, its always a trick without expensive climate control systems, but its a constant battle to maintain CO2 levels without fans clearing it out right away. Therefore some sort of cycle must be established between the fans and the CO2 release.
You might want to release gas twice during the light cycle with fans off as long as temps don't climb to high, then turn em back on.

And if your space is to small to fit all those jugs you could consider tubing running from the jug into the grow area.
As for the last administration of the day (with the lights off) that's not really necessary as cannabis does not process CO2 during the dark period.

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
CO2 is usually used in sealed rooms, venting it out isn't an issue that way. CO2 is best utilized when at constant levels, which is really only possible in a sealed room.

I'd say CO2 should be one of the last additions to your room, and only worth it if you've got everything else down. What use is making the plants grow faster and stronger if they've got deficiencies? If you can use it though, it will improve your grow.

Good info here...
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=27688&highlight=co2

Last edited:

Hermit43

I saw a video on youtube once where a guy filled a spray bottle with carbonated water and sprayed it on the leaves.
Any one know anything about this?
Guess it can't hurt.

talos4

I've often wondered if i should put 4 one gallon jugs of sugar water yeast in my 5x5 grow area, but my grow area is in a 12x12 room and is not sealed. the co2 would rise up under the plants, but would work its way out of the grow area into the room, but then the room itself would have a little more co2 and the would mean the grow area would too. Think it would be worth it in a set up like mine? I have a 5x5 area squared off with panda film not airtight in a larger room. Worth it?

Z

zoolander

Genetic's and the right amount of Lumens per square foot and then a great enviorment

talos4

I do this with my aquarium, a 2 liter bottle with sugar water yeast with airhose running into filter. When you have an aquarium and you see plants go from sitting there under your bright light, to instead sitting there with zillions of little oxygen bubble coming off the leaves, well, under water you get to see what the co2 does and how much it helps photosynthesis. Just wondering if it would work in my grow setup

W

Weedman Herb

talos4 said:
I've often wondered if i should put 4 one gallon jugs of sugar water yeast in my 5x5 grow area, but my grow area is in a 12x12 room and is not sealed. the co2 would rise up under the plants, but would work its way out of the grow area into the room, but then the room itself would have a little more co2 and the would mean the grow area would too. Think it would be worth it in a set up like mine? I have a 5x5 area squared off with panda film not airtight in a larger room. Worth it?
CO2 doesn't rise ... it falls ... it's heavier than air.