What's new

Democrats' great green hope? Americans only want to vote for marijuana.

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
All politicians, from both parties suck. This goes without saying. Nevertheless, decriminalization is the goal, by hook or by crook.

I'd rather go with 100% legalization with as few restrictions as possible. Decriminalization would still be a huge improvement over the current situation.

I don't think all politicians suck, but I agree about most of them. The ones I've supported the most weren't Democrats or Republicans. I was proud to vote for Gary Johnson in the last presidential election. I'm guessing some of the more liberal posters here would have been proud of the Green Party candidate. If we're stuck with the two party system, I hope we'll start seeing more candidates on both sides who want to end the prohibition laws.

I personally think voting for the green party is a lost cause SERIOUSLY NO OFFENSE! I just think that voting for the green party is really just taking votes from the democrats, basically giving the republicans a better chance (which I think is what most people who vote for the green party are trying to avoid).

RetroGrow

Veteran
I'd rather go with 100% legalization with as few restrictions as possible. Decriminalization would still be a huge improvement over the current situation.

I don't think all politicians suck, but I agree about most of them. The ones I've supported the most weren't Democrats or Republicans. I was proud to vote for Gary Johnson in the last presidential election. I'm guessing some of the more liberal posters here would have been proud of the Green Party candidate. If we're stuck with the two party system, I hope we'll start seeing more candidates on both sides who want to end the prohibition laws.

Decriminalization=100% "legalization".
The point being, it never should have been criminalized, so it shouldn't be referred to as "legalization", as though they are making something "legal", something which was legal for millennium before a small number demonized and criminalized it. That's why I use "decriminalize".

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I personally think voting for the green party is a lost cause SERIOUSLY NO OFFENSE! I just think that voting for the green party is really just taking votes from the democrats, basically giving the republicans a better chance (which I think is what most people who vote for the green party are trying to avoid).

I know what you mean. People say voting Libertarian just takes votes away from Republicans. The only problem with that is that it perpetuates the two party system.

I would have voted Republican last time if Ron Paul had won the nomination. I couldn't vote for Romney or Obama, so I went with Gary Johnson. The only candidate on the ballot I mostly agreed with.

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Decriminalization=100% "legalization".
The point being, it never should have been criminalized, so it shouldn't be referred to as "legalization", as though they are making something "legal", something which was legal for millennium before a small number demonized and criminalized it. That's why I use "decriminalize".

That makes sense. It should have never been made illegal in the first place.

I was thinking of "decriminalization" as the kind of law that just passed in D.C. Getting caught with a small amount means a fine like a traffic ticket. Getting caught growing or selling still means prison time. That's an improvement, but just one step towards it being fully legal.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Call me what you will but I wouldn't vote republican even if they were in favor of legalization

RetroGrow

Veteran
I would call you a Democrat. Since both parties suck, both are in the pockets of the same corporations/lobbyists, they are really the same, so I would vote for either one that guaranteed decriminalization, if only for that one time. That is, if I were allowed to vote, which I'm not. When the pigs bust you, they take away your "rights", which of course, aren't really rights if they can be taken away. Thanks to George Carlin for that one.

cripple_creek

I'm glad to see someone quote George Carlin he was a very keen observer on people. I would honestly vote for whoever was really going to federally decriminalize because no matter what party they're all politicians and therefore suck, so at least we could benefit to some degree.

dddaver

Veteran
I'm getting an absentee ballot sent me this fall just to only vote for mmj, nothing else. But voting fraud is rampant here. Who knows what they will do with it?

I think more people should just vote on the ballots for issues or candidates you really want. You don't have to fill it all in for every choice on it.

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
felon voting

felon voting

I would call you a Democrat. Since both parties suck, both are in the pockets of the same corporations/lobbyists, they are really the same, so I would vote for either one that guaranteed decriminalization, if only for that one time. That is, if I were allowed to vote, which I'm not. When the pigs bust you, they take away your "rights", which of course, aren't really rights if they can be taken away. Thanks to George Carlin for that one.

Have you gone and tried to actually vote? I thought i wouldnt be allowed to vote either ... more then one go around here with Johnny Law. But I went to the polls and sure enough no one stopped me .. been voting ever since . Voted the whole time on parole , or probation.

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
Here is Michigan there is a movement to target the prosecutors and local elected officials that refuse to honor the will of the Michigan voters. Most only won by a handful of votes.
Take a bunch of em out and watch the rest change their colors to green.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Demicon or Republicrat...

They both play for the same team...

We The People are their only opposition in this game.It's HIGH time We The People took back our control of our own lives and give gov the boot.

It's a control thang ya know!

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Have you gone and tried to actually vote? I thought i wouldnt be allowed to vote either ... more then one go around here with Johnny Law. But I went to the polls and sure enough no one stopped me .. been voting ever since . Voted the whole time on parole , or probation.

The Right to vote is only revoked while you are imprisoned.
Also
Voting for the least evil is still viting for evil!

Same for your 2nd Amendment Rights... Though, you'll have to obtain your phyre armz via private sales. A friend of mine, who is a felon, went through federal court and challenged their revocation of Rights and proved that felons can still possess guns...

For the 47 million Americans with criminal records, however, it may be risky to rely on voter registration forms to determine whether they may register to vote.The findings that follow reveal that the vast majority of U.S. states - 33 plus the District of Columbia - currently use registration forms that provide inaccurate, incomplete or misleading information about whether individuals with criminal records are eligible to vote.

The back-story to this problem is the patchwork of state disfranchisement laws that prevent over 5.3 million Americans with criminal records from voting. In 48 states (all but Maine and Vermont) and in the District of Columbia, citizens lose the right to vote upon conviction of a felony; in at least a handful of states, the right is also lost upon conviction of a misdemeanor. All 48 states (and the District of Columbia) also provide mechanisms by which these citizens may seek to regain their voting rights, though some processes are much more viable than others. These mechanisms range from automatic restoration (upon completion of incarceration or sentence) to restoration only after satisfaction of an extensive, onerous and sometimes costly individual application process.

I surely cannot vote.and i surely cannot own a gun.Anyone who is relesed from prison CANNOT OWN A GUN.MJ this is dangerous info to say.Dont buy a firearm unless the GUN SHOP can sell you one.Before posting something like this do your homework and not rely on hearsay.

It shall be unlawful for any person to sell or otherwise dispose of any firearm or ammunition to any person knowing or having reasonable cause to believe that such person— (1) is under indictment for, or has been convicted in any court of, a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year; (2) is a fugitive from justice; (3) is an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance (as defined in section 102 of the Controlled Substances Act (21 U.S.C. 802)); (4) has been adjudicated as a mental defective or has been committed to any mental institution; (5) who, being an alien— (A) is illegally or unlawfully in the United States; or (B) except as provided in subsection (y)(2), has been admitted to the United States under a nonimmigrant visa (as that term is defined in section 101(a)(26) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1101 (a)(26))); (6) who [2] has been discharged from the Armed Forces under dishonorable conditions; (7) who, having been a citizen of the United States, has renounced his citizenship; (8) is subject to a court order that restrains such person from harassing, stalking, or threatening an intimate partner of such person or child of such intimate partner or person, or engaging in other conduct that would place an intimate partner in reasonable fear of bodily injury to the partner or child, except that this paragraph shall only apply to a court order that— (A) was issued after a hearing of which such person received actual notice, and at which such person had the opportunity to participate; and (B) (i) includes a finding that such person represents a credible threat to the physical safety of such intimate partner or child; or (ii) by its terms explicitly prohibits the use, attempted use, or threatened use of physical force against such intimate partner or child that would reasonably be expected to cause bodily injury; or (9) has been convicted in any court of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence.

RetroGrow

Veteran

Haven't actually gone to the polling places to vote, but I have tried sending for a voter registration card many times, including each time driver's license is up for renewal, but they have never sent me one. I'm assuming that without a voter's registration, you can't vote. Have you gotten a card?

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was going to point that out retro...^^^^
I also felt like coming back and pointing out that my statement from earlier post is based on an issue-not related to cannabis- that republicans..for the most part...toe the party line on and I find reprehensible...it would be very odd for me if they were to come around and take the lead in canna legalization...

Latest posts

Latest posts