What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Deltronzer0’s Deck Dank 3: Tokyo Drift

deltronZER0

Hey all,
Back again with my annual installment of deltron’s deck dank. This year I’m doing 6 plants outdoors in the Bay Area personally. I’m planning to run some seed strains that contain genetics I’ve always admired and wanted to try. Additionally, most of these strains are not the type of flower that’s really available through clubs, another guiding principle in my selection. I’m gonna be running them in 5 gallon smart pots in a soil mix of my own making, described below. I’m going to be making liberal use of AACT and foliar spray/feeding, in addition to proactive bug and disease countermeasures.

Nitty gritty:
Seeds:
$597.81
Life star (lifesaverXsensistar) 13/$98
Pro: love sensistar, have always admired BOG since overgrow days
Apollo haze (geniusX(c99Xssh)) 10/$88
Pro: cornucopia of grail sativa genetics all mashed together
Sour dubbleXalien dog cherry 6(f)/$73
Pro: have always wanted to grow some sour dubble, and have always loved anything with alien genes
Sis skunk (chem sisX(hashplantXsssc)) 13/$168
Pro: LOVE skunk, and this one seems like it should deliver that oldschool shit, also advertised as highly mite/rot/mold resistant so that’s a big draw
Aristillus (sputnikXtaskunky) 5/$58
Pro: more hopefully fireass oldschool skunky vibes
Mandarin sunset (herijuanaXorange skunk) 6(f)/$98
Pro: have always wanted to grow some herijuana, seems like strain with high potential

Soil philosophy:
I’m generally of the mind that the more diversity of materials in your soil, the better off you’re going to be. My soil mix incorporates a few mixes that all have elements I like, but represent many different soil substrates. I made 60 gallons even though I will only personally need 30.
6:1:3 (soil mix:EWC:aeration mix)
Soil mix:
2:2:1:1 potting soil mix:baby bu’s biodynamic potting soil:vegetable mix:essential landscaping mix (generic mixes from a local nursery, except the baby bu’s)
Aeration mix:
1:1 volcanic rock (5/8”):biochar
The following amendments were added to the aeration mix:
Diatomaceous earth - 6 cups
Azomite - 1.5 cups

Mixed EWC and Aeration mix, mixed soil mix, then mixed together at 4:6 EWC/Aeration:Soil mix.

I mixed the soil a couple weeks ago at this point, and so far, it smells nicely organic without any off odors, so I think I’m in good shape to start planting as soon as my seedlings sex.
I popped:
4xLStar
4xAHaze
2xSDxACD
5xSisSkunk
3xMSunset
4xAristillus

I have a setup for aact already; anyone got any favorite ingredients for healthy outdoor plants?

Attachments

• 2766730E-EE01-4C7C-A615-913977AD9EE5.jpg
    2766730E-EE01-4C7C-A615-913977AD9EE5.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 24

Latest posts

Latest posts