What's new

Deltron's Backyard 2010

Be careful tying down with floss it can cause damage to the stalk of the plant. Especially if tied to tight. We used Jute and Hemp string and on a couple of stalks the plant grew around the string, no good. Plants look good though. Here is to a good fall!!

deltronZER0

haha the road runner, what a joke
maybe I just got a bad pheno or don't have it in enough soil or something but its pretty dinky, nice smells I guess though?

statusquo

Panda film with white side up is not a good idea. You don't want heat/light reflecting back up at the underside of the foliage; it's sensitive and will damage the plant.

Also, if your aeration isn't sufficient your tea could possibly go anaerobic and you are just wasting your time to a certain extent. The whole point of the tea is to increase the beneficial/aerobic microherd. If there isn't enough o2 exchange you just have some water with organic nutes/possible anaerobic bacteria. Mine as well just give them the nutes and not use the airstone to save effort/time/money.

Lastly, the picture from the first page looks somewhat like a bacterial infection - just my guess I would try the infirmary if the problem persists. Best of luck and keep up the enthusiasm :)

deltronZER0

Hey guys, time for a big old picture update! got a much better camera, so now, I'm gonna show you some problems I've been having and would love if you guys could take a look and tell me what you think
a preface; I think I may have root aphids, been hitting them with mosquito dunks, and don't see any flyers, but im still stumped
First, a pair of pictures of my purple odyssee
this is seeming to happen on most of the older leaves and happened over that last day or two. just hit the older leaves for the most part

the 2 pictures on the right, are a random bagseed that I germ'd this season, and has been looking great except for this bullshit now. the first picture is a big lower fan leaf that is just starting to show it, and the far right picture, is a lower old fan leaf that has been affected longer

Attachments

• Picture 12.png
    Picture 12.png
    470.2 KB · Views: 11
  • Picture 8.png
    Picture 8.png
    594.9 KB · Views: 11
  • Picture 9.png
    Picture 9.png
    611.1 KB · Views: 21
  • Picture 11.png
    Picture 11.png
    578 KB · Views: 15

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
Hey Deltron, nice grow there! I like the smart pots myself as they allow lots of oxygen to penetrate the root zone without letting the bugs in through the sides (like airpots).

The only things that I would change so far with what you're doing:

I would use big saucers with wheels (or wood blocks, bricks, whatever) to keep the containers (and the rootball) off the hot concrete.

I would also switch to bottled nutes and make sure my soil ph was ok. The simpler the better, maybe some pure blend or house and garden two part. Tea is great, but I would go back to basics if my leaves were starting to look like the ones you posted.

I wish I could give you better answer at to whats wrong with that plant you posted, but I'm sure someone will come along and share some knowledge. I'd pull all those yellow leaves off asap, they aren't doing you any good as they are.

HB

deltronZER0

hey everyone, been a while since I checked in, so I figured i'd throw up an update. Lots of shit has been happening! all plants are now starting to flower heavily which is very exciting! the blue berry trainwreck and the purpleodyssee are both rounding home plate and getting ready for the chop in the next week or two I think, and everything else isn't too far behind and should be down by mid to late mid october.
pictures:
1:group shot of the ladies
2:bud shot of the mandala 8 mile high (which looks and smells amazing so far)
3:Sour Lifesaver bud (amazing citrusy aroma, fuckin covered in trich's it looks like rapper's bling :) )
4:My lavender kush, looking kind of unhappy, WHAT IS THIS? I GOTTA FIX THIS

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-09-18 at 1.35.47 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2010-09-18 at 1.35.47 PM.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 6
  • Screen shot 2010-09-18 at 1.36.39 PM.png
    Screen shot 2010-09-18 at 1.36.39 PM.png
    602.3 KB · Views: 15
  • Screen shot 2010-09-18 at 1.36.47 PM.png
    Screen shot 2010-09-18 at 1.36.47 PM.png
    625.9 KB · Views: 13
  • Screen shot 2010-09-18 at 1.36.25 PM.png