What's new

Delicatessen Seeds experiences

48N

hello mobi50
can you give a comparison between queen mother and queen mother x ciskei and little leo? especially considering the effects
thanks, have a nice day

homero

Señor Member
Veteran
I have another lilly pheno ... more green bushy and a little bit slower than the other

lilly 1

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

mobi50

Have you succeeded in germinating those seeds? becouse now are quite old and I' m almost sure they won't sprout. Anyway, the angolan was the landrace that most looked like the Queen Mother exept for the smell that was a bit more...fresh vegetable, and the effect of the Little Leo was similar to Queen.
Queen x Ciskey was more compact than Q. and had a citric smell-taste, the effect uplifting.
Let me know if you are successful with those beans!

48N

Have you succeeded in germinating those seeds? becouse now are quite old and I' m almost sure they won't sprout. Anyway, the angolan was the landrace that most looked like the Queen Mother exept for the smell that was a bit more...fresh vegetable, and the effect of the Little Leo was similar to Queen.
Queen x Ciskey was more compact than Q. and had a citric smell-taste, the effect uplifting.

I haven't cause I don't have them :)
I was seeing them on the original delicatessen website
I'd like to add an African delicatessen sativa to my next grow and I was hoping to receive more info
Can you compare the 2 Congolese varieties (dreams & honey) you have?
Can you compare the effects of queen mother, Alice, Lilly and dreams & honey? Which has the most clear clean focused uplifting effects (with no comedown)?
Thanks have a nice day

Koondense

Veteran
Her Majesty getting dark with low night temperatures, on the left there is my lovely Pangi(Ace Panama x Bangi Haze)
Her Majesty seems to be quick this round, maybe the cold speeds up the ripening but diminishes the yield quite substantially.

picture.php

Cheers

grandsrin

Hi mobi50 , i grew little Léo last year the seeds were ok and i Will grow qm*south africa this year m'y seeds are in a fridge and are still ok .
Little Léo make me laught like a mad :laughing:
I love this strain .

GS

Zitz

I'm feeling adventurous and thinking of trying "Lily" as my sativa this season, or "Dreams and honey"...Anyone know the best place to pick up a pack? Preferably Regs.

Zitz

I haven't cause I don't have them :)
I was seeing them on the original delicatessen website
I'd like to add an African delicatessen sativa to my next grow and I was hoping to receive more info
Can you compare the 2 Congolese varieties (dreams & honey) you have?
Can you compare the effects of queen mother, Alice, Lilly and dreams & honey? Which has the most clear clean focused uplifting effects (with no comedown)?
Thanks have a nice day

Would also like to know.
Sick of poly-skunks... We want something to make you fly with no anxieties or comedown :)

baduy

Best place? I'd start here-

https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=15

I've never seen Dreams & Honey for sale, not recently, anyway, & I think Lilly is a Fem variety.
Careful with OD feminized seeds, Last year I grew two Lillys, gave one to a friend which happened to be a male. There are several reports of males inside packs of feminized OD seeds. Annyway Lilly is a great strain and I would have choosen regular seeds if avalaible so I wouldn't mind if I found another male to make F2s.

Jhhnn

Veteran
Careful with OD feminized seeds, Last year I grew two Lillys, gave one to a friend which happened to be a male. There are several reports of males inside packs of feminized OD seeds. Annyway Lilly is a great strain and I would have choosen regular seeds if avalaible so I wouldn't mind if I found another male to make F2s.

Be that as it may I don't think Lilly is avail as regular seeds. Several OD strains are, however, avail as either fems or regs-

http://www.herbiesheadshop.com/original-delicatessen-seeds

First Lady & Upstream also appear to be avail only in fems. I can't find any listings as regs.

smac17

Hi guys,
I just stop here a lil'bit to give you an update of m catastrophic experience with od gear. I tried to germinate 37 seeds and end up with 4 plants.(all are upstream). The only edy i still had showed some bananas at week 7 i cut her so i don't count it...

Just to say that it was an horrible grow for me, but the 4 upstream are real beautiful plants, i can't deny that. Colors and odors are mouthwatering, and it is ready at 8/9 weeks without a doubt (just 1 pheno is gonna take longer, a full purple plant which is very sativa, maybe reunion pheno??).

So it's clear i won't try their gear anymore (ace and cannabiogen are so much more trustable imo), but the weed i was able to finish seems to be top shelf and very special...so sad that i had such problems (hermies on regs, males on females seeds, and very poor germination) because it could be really crazy if not :(

Jhhnn

Veteran
I've been toking on QM harvested a month ago, dried & cured using a slightly altered version of simon's method. I had two distinctly different phenos- one short, branchy, & dark green w/ short internodes & the other classic med green lanky sativa fir tree form. wasn't a particularly strong yielder with my usual methods, even discounting one out of 4 plants that was clearly smaller. 3 plants yielded 68, 69 & 54 g respectively. The smallest was 30g but I grew it out to maximize our legal plant count.

It doesn't have a strong nose. When crushed, it's sweet sharp spicy rosemary & pine w/o skunky under funk. Both phenos have smooth smoke w/ earthy & piney flavor. It's stronger for the fir tree phenos & quite delicious. It's also quite potent w/ a deceptively clear creeper effect. There's some energy to it but it's more of a playground of the mind kind of effect.

It's my first encounter with African genetics. It's nice stuff & a bit different, well worth the effort. It's a plant that clearly wants to be outdoors & would probably do very well here in Denver if set out as 12" seedlings or clones around June 1.

baduy

My Alice was lacking potency for a long time despite nice lemony incense smell. Just tried it to check the effects after a 4 month cure and now she hits noticeably harder. Hybrid effect, nice head high with some body stone to it. Much less of a sativa high than QM and to a lesser extent Lilly, the only two others OD strains I've sampled.

BruceBanner

My last grow was Alice / Upstream / Sugarloaf (they are a bit thin because I took samples from Alice and Upstream on daily basis)

upload images url

They are both very fast plants, maybe the fastest because I can't decide if they are better unripe or full ripe, both effects are good and constantly changing also in smell, I can't even say which high is better also interchanging lol They can also be similar in effect, one day I get creative from Upstream, and the other day from Alice... Alice I call velvet hammer :D Very velvety trichomes and colour of buds, smell also and inscense like, and the high is not weak at all, rather strong can be if cured, both plants have sticky buds, but Upstream has more sugar, it even feels like sugar when you grind it with fingers and smells good like some wild blueberries from the woods with the same taste which also changed trough time from deep green ganja taste to colorful forest berries. Both are not shabby, and with cure they are getting stronger, but even green samples had good effect more on the fun and laugh side, a bit more speedy and euphoric, when ripe it gets deeper, so from now on I will chop half green and let the rest to mature. It seems that they have medical properties, good ganja, low tolerance people are high even the next day :D

Latest posts

Latest posts