What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Defoliation: Hi-Yield Technique?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iampolluted

stupid to you, but other have seen and posted their results using defo. you have not. basically because you've never done it, which means anything posted by you in this thread is opinion and NOT fact. you cannot establish fact with hearsay and opinion.

DrFever

Veteran
your talking others like what fckin closet growers ?? do you see any big comercial grown plants skinned ???? like fck you do you think these guys wanting the pounds cause its there lively hood want shit buds like we all have seen from skinning a plant you be out of business if you tryed to unload that crap
funny you trim one of them fluffy pilsbury buds and when you drop it in the pail you here nothing and when the pro's trim there buds you here a thunk cause its so dense and hard

iampolluted

show me your defoliated plants and your experience with those "larfy" buds dr.....oh wait, you can't. all you can show is a scrog. the topic isn't a scrog, it's defo, and you don't defo, so your opinion on the matter is moot, just like mine would be arguing with you about a scrog.

whodare

Veteran
show me your defoliated plants and your experience with those "larfy" buds dr.....oh wait, you can't. all you can show is a scrog. the topic isn't a scrog, it's defo, and you don't defo, so your opinion on the matter is moot, just like mine would be arguing with you about a scrog.

Here's some bullshit larf on defoliated plants, and to think the main colas were sacrificed for this crap, I guess if I want hash making material....

Here is a good example of well developed bottom growth. The structure, texture, trichome development, and density resemble upper nugs. You can see rays of unimpeded light on some of the buds. Not a single budding site has ever been removed from these clones.

picture.php

Well developed bottom growth, roflmao....

iampolluted

those buds are better developed on the bottom of those plants than on any scrog i've seen. all i ever see on the bottom of a scrog is 10-20" of stick, while those ^^^ are usable buds. i KNOW you're gonna say they are airy, larfy, whatever, but they are also about 2-3 weeks from harvest imo.

yep....i may be an asshat, but at least i have experience in the argument i'm making while you have none. so you're just an asshat with an opinion, and a keyboard....and STILL lacking fundamental proof that your way is better. fucking prove your point or kick rocks...i've proven everything i've stated, you have not.

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This thread has gone full retard.

its been retarded for a while
folks are just so used to seeing retarded they think its normal

its fun to watch everyone look retarded
(even me! its fun isnt it? lol)

im gonna go pick up dog shit now hahahaha get some normalcy in my day

im probably not being efficient with my scooping technique and could probably load way more into my scoop, but i kinda like walking around the yard in the sun with a scoop full of poop its awesome............................

N

noyd666

its been retarded for a while
folks are just so used to seeing retarded they think its normal

its fun to watch everyone look retarded
(even me! its fun isnt it? lol)

im gonna go pick up dog shit now hahahaha get some normalcy in my day

im probably not being efficient with my scooping technique and could probably load way more into my scoop, but i kinda like walking around the yard in the sun with a scoop full of poop its awesome............................
:blowbubbles: lol, another debate,lol ive' had dogs' all my life, and walking around yard in hot sun skooping up shit is not cool lol:artist:

whodare

Veteran
those buds are better developed on the bottom of those plants than on any scrog i've seen. all i ever see on the bottom of a scrog is 10-20" of stick, while those ^^^ are usable buds. i KNOW you're gonna say they are airy, larfy, whatever, but they are also about 2-3 weeks from harvest imo.

really, thats sad, and probably a lie, but for your viewing plesure

yep....i may be an asshat, but at least i have experience in the argument i'm making while you have none. so you're just an asshat with an opinion, and a keyboard....and STILL lacking fundamental proof that your way is better. fucking prove your point or kick rocks...i've proven everything i've stated, you have not.

do you really, looking at your thread says otherwise, it also shows a lack of experience in growing in general.

Thing is, you guys have yet to provide a controlled experiment displaying concrete empirical evidence that defoliation improves yield.

what we do have is a thread full of people giving their anecdotal evidence of "increased" yield, and whenever someone comes in and posts dozens of scientific studies (discrediting its as a yield increasing tek)conducted among a variety of crops, stages of growth, and environments, they get ran out by the mob of 16 year olds growing in shoeboxes in their bedroom at moms place.

iampolluted

in case ya can't read.....as i stated in a previous post those pics in my journal were from 6 fucking months ago, but apparently you can only see the things that pertain to your argument.

DrFever

Veteran
you do realize glucose is SUGAR?

i'm not literally feeding em tablespoons of sugar, or artificial sweeteners, or complex carbs, or whatever other types of sugar there are. i feed my plants molasses, along with the rest of my organic mix. i use bb bacteria also, but i'm not fucking wrong when i say plants use the SUGAR (glucose) found in molasses, and bud candy, carbo-load, humboldt honey, or whatever other sweetener some of these companies put out. yes it feeds bb, but it's also available for uptake by the plant if it's broken down into a simple sugar which all of those products are.

your right plants do make glucose...it's stored in the leaves when it's not needed, and turned into starch. then when it is needed, in times of low food, it releases the starch to be broken back down into glucose.

laugh all ya want, i did my research, and proved i was right. you haven't proven anything with any of your premises, other than you can work a scrog. newbies all over the planet are working em too....

obviously you have looked in the wrong places hahahaha if you think them airy buds or more developed then any scrog you seen i 'll give you a few shots from my previous grow :))

Attachments

• Picture 1054.jpg
    Picture 1054.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 10
  • Picture 1158.jpg
    Picture 1158.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 11
  • picture1209a.jpg
    picture1209a.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 12

medicalmj

Veteran
obviously you have looked in the wrong places hahahaha if you think them airy buds or more developed then any scrog you seen i 'll give you a few shots from my previous grow :))

Doc, you're in the hort biz, have you ever heard of plants actually uptaking sugars directly through their roots?

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran

man..i dont like resorting to posting pics but i dont defoliate i get bud all the way up the stem. let me know if you see a shitty bottom bud.
btw this plant was trained and had the bottom shit trimmed off. this plant still ha a couple of weeks to go final weight dry was about 4 oz

DrFever

Veteran
Doc, you're in the hort biz, have you ever heard of plants actually uptaking sugars directly through their roots?

No sir doesn't quite work like that Two product types that have been causing a lot of chatter in the growing community are carbohydrate (sugar) supplements and amino acid based additives. And for good reason. Sugars and amino acids are both interesting concepts in the context of plant nutrition and many experts consider them to be on the cutting edge. All sounds pretty exciting doesn’t it? But before you rush off and buy that next fancy-labelled bottle of sugary or amino acid goodness, you really should get your head around some basic facts concerning these substances and the ability of plants to make use of them.
i personally have used this stuff, i have also used liquid honey , maple tree sap, pure fresh right out of the tree, same stuff they boil to make maple syrup .
And have not seen any changes
There are some studies suggesting plants will uptake very little as they call it SIMPLE SUGARS but ??? by adding amino acids / and sugars in soil will feed your soil bacteria good and bad ones.
So what do plants really need it all stems down to perfect growing environments lighting plant nutrition.

Jbonez

Veteran
in case ya can't read.....as i stated in a previous post those pics in my journal were from 6 fucking months ago, but apparently you can only see the things that pertain to your argument.

Alright dude, Im an idiot, lets get that out of the way, I also have fuckall a clue about growing.. I admit it..

Now, best I can tell by your vocabulary, you are somewhat intuitive, able to research, and dont mind debating, tho your style may be questionable, I admire your tenacity, if.. anything....

Now, you are meeting overwhelming resistance from people that are essentially saying you are full of shit, fair enough, Ive been there before, but its those times when the information is overwhelmingly not in our favor that I must concede to the debate, OR take the data presented me and question its validity.. this requires at the least a moment of intuitive thinking, quietness is indicative of agreeableness, resulting in the perception of a win by your opponent.

In debate, there is an underlying gentlemanly accord between the parties, where, while opinions may differ, we are still people, we are still coming together not to argue, but to arrive at a conclusion, doesnt matter how it goes.. You are a handful, arrogant (its ok, I am too) and generally not a very open minded person, and to that your rebuttal will be that I am in fact not the one with the open mind, when nothing could be further from the truth.. You see "truth" is what brought me to this thread a while back, but to have truth, I need more than subjective hearsay, I need proof. Sure, pics of large harvests in vertical grown gardens are at the end of the day up to the viewer, but generally, you can discern whether or not the yield was close based on what you see.

Now, there isnt any debate over whether or Vert yields, I think we can all agree on that, but what we dont have is a Heath Robinson of "defo" as the acronym was so surprisingly dubbed..

Make sense? Id like a calm, intelligible reply, if you would..

You guys are always comparing a young sativa with your finished Indica you oviously don't know shit.

You post a few studys one shows it works I post a bunch showing it does work but you don't believe science or have the balls to do it yourself Why???

Why don't you do the side by side you got enough plants.

If the best lab did it you would still be crying foul after they show a couple of more ounces per plant then yours if you were running the same strain this has been documented over and over there is plenty of proof in the last 260 pages.

You just called the hundreds of posters who have posted there results hundreds of times liars yet you all lack the balls to do a simple pruning and are talking out you ass because you got no balls.

You hack your bottoms and strip all the leaf which is harsher than this and your girls are half naked how hard would it be to remove some leaves ???

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
You guys are always comparing a young sativa with your finished Indica you oviously don't know shit.

You post a few studys one shows it works I post a bunch showing it does work but you don't believe science or have the balls to do it yourself Why???

Why don't you do the side by side you got enough plants.

If the best lab did it you would still be crying foul after they show a couple of more ounces per plant then yours if you were running the same strain this has been documented over and over there is plenty of proof in the last 260 pages.

You just called the hundreds of posters who have posted there results hundreds of times liars yet you all lack the balls to do a simple pruning and are talking out you ass because you got no balls.

You hack your bottoms and strip all the leaf which is harsher than this and your girls are half naked how hard would it be to remove some leaves ???

i think our pictures kinda prove that the bigger yields come hand in hand with good enviroment, nutrition and a little common sense.
you still have yet to produce a picure of a) a nice bud or b) a nice lower budsite.

whodare

Veteran
i think our pictures kinda prove that the bigger yields come hand in hand with good enviroment, nutrition and a little common sense.
you still have yet to produce a picure of a) a nice bud or b) a nice lower budsite.

guy cant even show us a healthy vigorous plant....

im not holding my breath for bud shots, let alone anything worth looking at.

plain and simple, the best way to increase yield is proper environment, nutrition, and plant/space managment.

if you can actually increase your yields with heavy defoliation you could improve in other places first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts