What's new

Deficiencies and possible plant issues **pictures**

AloeRuss

Crown Jewel of the Legion
ICMag Donor
Hello.
I started with set of 100 good clones but instead of transplanting them into coco I moved them to 6 inch rockwool cubes.

They started well but in two weeks they started to look bad.
I brought enough coco and planted 6 inch cubes into 3 gal. Coco smart pots.
I fed them with half straight H&G base and little bit of cal mag. But here is how they look. Not good. Deffs. Shock or something else.

What you guys think?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 7

AloeRuss

ICMag Donor
Thank you bro. I just don't think its just that simple as identifying and fixing.
I have a feeling this has something to do with those 6 inch cubes that are in coco right now.
I hope I am wrong.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Rotflmao i got the same issues with my rw... hugo blocks to... i had em layin around decided to be lazy n usem... not remembering why they were sitting... i had my worst run ever when i used them like that... n im back into it again same strain n they look like shit next to straight coco..... i hope someone else dealt with it cuz i cant help ya.. n me... i would of told ya not to usem prior .

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
But i have a feeling its ph related.. rw is drying out first cuzing the ph to be different then the coco.,,

what did the roots look like after two weeks? nice, white and developed?

how did you care for them while in rockwool? where did the rockwool reside? in what? obv. something went wrong here.

They sure have the chance of making a bounce back but limited info. The roots would be my first concern. If they can branch out and perk up in those 3 gals it would be nice, wish you the best of luck.

AloeRuss

ICMag Donor
Most of them had little bit of roots ends coming out on the bottom of the cubes.
The cubes themselves came straight out of packadge and I was feeding them with flora micro and floralitious. PH was 6.0.

Miraculous Meds

Rockwool tends to be alakaline by the way its made. Usually let them soak 30min in5.5ph, then flush them out with 5.5ph and use a decent bit of run off. I think these are the common probs, once they start going u gotta keep getting some run off. Id be using 5.5 to 5.8 ph cause of the rw in the pot.

Have the roots filled the pot yet. If not let them dry a good bit then flush with some 1.0 to 1.2 ec at 5.5ph and check the run off to get an idea if ur way out of wack or have a lot of ppm in the medium.

Get them roots good and established and once ur pot is filled pretty well u can increase ur waterings and get those girls humming.

Miraculous Meds

Yep Ive done that a few times to mine. I bet the high ph from resid lime in the rw kept them from taking up nutes so then they stay wet cause they aint drinking, just exasperating the prob. Dry out and flush thru with 5.5ph and check, and ur gonna know. I bet she comes out 6.5 or above.

Green81

Veteran
Agreed, solid flush with an e.c of 1 to. 1.2, ph 5.8 and get at least 20-40% run off. Avoid over watering at this point as lack of roots will also stunt the plants in the larger pots. Raise your lights for a few days to take some of the stress from the plants, they should recover within a week.

Peace

G81

Miraculous Meds

Agreed, solid flush with an e.c of 1 to. 1.2, ph 5.8 and get at least 20-40% run off. Avoid over watering at this point as lack of roots will also stunt the plants in the larger pots. Raise your lights for a few days to take some of the stress from the plants, they should recover within a week.

Peace

G81

Yep, maybe 2 weeks to recover.

AloeRuss

ICMag Donor
I will never mess with such ideas again.
Othere then let them dry and light solution should I add root Excelerator or superthrive, revive, etc.. Something for the stress? I think it would've be good idea. Don't you?

Miraculous Meds

Othere then let them dry and light solution should I add root Excelerator or superthrive, revive, etc.. Something for the stress? I think it would've be good idea. Don't you?

That's fine just keep it low dosage, u don't want anything tinkering with ur npk or ph right now, but those additives don't really do that.

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran

My buddy gave me a small bottle of Roots Excelerator a couple weeks ago to try as he likes the stuff. I added it to my plants in veg, some in 1 gal plastic pots and some in 2 gal smarties. Within 3 days I had these big honking roots poking thru the fabric of the smarties and big masses of them crawling out of the holes in the plastic pots. Never saw roots that thick, white and vigorous. I'm skeptical of all additives but damn, what is this shit? I can't wait to transplant the ones in the plastic pots to the smarties so I can look at the mass of roots. That's all, big thumbs up to RE.:tiphat:

My buddy gave me a small bottle of Roots Excelerator a couple weeks ago to try as he likes the stuff. I added it to my plants in veg, some in 1 gal plastic pots and some in 2 gal smarties. Within 3 days I had these big honking roots poking thru the fabric of the smarties and big masses of them crawling out of the holes in the plastic pots. Never saw roots that thick, white and vigorous. I'm skeptical of all additives but damn, what is this shit? I can't wait to transplant the ones in the plastic pots to the smarties so I can look at the mass of roots. That's all, big thumbs up to RE.:tiphat:

"Indole butyric Acid Hormones, 3-IBA Plant Growth Hormone, Indolebutyric Acid, IBA Auxin.

3-IBA Plant Growth Hormone,IBA Auxin, Indolebutyric Acid Plays a key role in both root and shoot development.

Napthyl Acetic Acid Hormones, NAA Plant Growth Hormone, NAA Auxin, Auxins.

Napthyl Acetic Acid Hormones,NAA Plant Growth Hormone,NAA Auxin. Auxins Plays a key role in both root and shoot development. The secret ingredients to all clone gells, clone solutions, and rooting additives is Napthyl Acetic Acid Hormones, NAA Plant Growth Hormone, NAA Auxin, Auxins." -MBferts
These are both in KLN from dyna-gro. I've experienced what you mentioned.

It's proven to be the success behind Rhizotonic and I'm willing to bet Roots excel has similar properties.

I also used rapid start from GH who most think is the small NPK ratio they see, it actually has Alfalfa extract, barley extract, willow bark extract.

By far 3-IBA,NAA products are the most productive in aiding roots in my experience.

Roots Excelerator

Derived From: Organic biological organisms, Ammonium Nitrate, and Potassium Hydroxide.
Ingredients Explained: This amazing biological water and/or soil treatment protects the root zone by ridding the plant of unwanted microbial pests. This beneficial root stimulator will easily out perform all other root simulators! Roots Excelurator is packaged in an aluminum canister to preserve organic ingredients and beneficial organisms.
Application: Add 1.1 ml of Roots Excelurator to every gallon of water in the nutrient solution. Administer at every feeding during the first two weeks of the rearing cycle. At 1.1 ml/gallon, Roots Excelurator is the least expensive root stimulant, per dose, on the market.

Interesting....

Othere then let them dry and light solution

A additive comes no-where close to fresh oxygen, let them dry a little! If you do have have some RE on hand, it can deff. help, drop a gal of ST shouldn't hurt (B-vitamins) . Just make sure to let the roots seek out on their own (by letting it dry a little) then you have the challenge of getting the proper nutrition in them and getting em perked up. Good EC and PH - get them rockin out! :headbange

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
That was an old writeup from MBferts. RE was reformulated and now comes in a gold canister. Some people liked the old formula but having only tried the gold I have no idea what the silver was like. It is some amazing stuff is all I know. I like quick visual results over crap that you have no idea if it works or not.

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
A additive comes no-where close to fresh oxygen

BS you'll never get roots from more O like some hormones can produce. That said AR has other problems with his plants and I'm not saying to use RE to fix his problem. He fuked up putting the 6" rockwool cubes into coco. Last month I got 2 12" plants from a friend in 6" Rockwell cubes and I put them in 2 gal smarties. They went to hell quick so I chopped them after a week and a half and made clones from them.:tiphat:

That was an old writeup from MBferts. RE was reformulated and now comes in a gold canister. Some people liked the old formula but having only tried the gold I have no idea what the silver was like. It is some amazing stuff is all I know. I like quick visual results over crap that you have no idea if it works or not.

Thank you - wasn't aware that was the old formula.

It IS great seeing results!

RE liter is like 180$ though - that's a pretty nice ballast :biggrin:

KLN liter is 23 $ - that's a lot of explosive root growth, IMO it works great and is only need at small applications, last a long time.

BS you'll never get roots from more O like some hormones can produce. That said AR has other problems with his plants and I'm not saying to use RE to fix his problem. He fuked up putting the 6" rockwool cubes into coco. Last month I got 2 12" plants from a friend in 6" Rockwell cubes and I put them in 2 gal smarties. They went to hell quick so I chopped them after a week and a half and made clones from them.:tiphat:

Go set all your plants in a tub of water for a few days - see what additives bring them back :tiphat:

my point was being resisting water logging. love you 40yrs

Latest posts

Latest posts