What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Deep Congo

zamalito

Veteran
I don't know about males but landrace african sativa females that haven't been away from their region of origin for too long can be insanely dominant also. I've read that wild traits in most plant species tend to be dominant. The malawi and ghanaian sativas I've bred in a cross with the parvati c99 and g13bx males are still dificult to grow indoors (get very tall) taste identical to the african parent. While they are about 4-5 weeks faster and they dont require the sun to produce a fully formed bud, the structure indoors of the f1 is the largely same as the pure sativa when grown outside. It could be that those three indicas aren't very dominant as males but I'm thinking the equatorial africans are just very dominant because of less intensive selective breeding techniques and the faster a plant is changed through selective inbreeding the less dominant that strain is in a cross. So when a line is very slowly changed over centuries like the equatorial africans than it does if it changes very quickly through inbreeding like flodica. If this is true the deep chunk's dominance shows how well the line was maintained and true it is to it's original form. I don't know if there's any scientific foundation to this but anecdotally it seems to be the case.

Last edited:
G

hey richard, exotic and scary pops in my mind seein Deep Congo, nice cross. Deep Warp and Deep Wreck are finally gettin there day under the lights. startin up a bunch of DC and her hybrids, DC are just now poppin thru the ground, lookin forwrd to that that Deep Wreck, are you still doin anything with that cross?

sorry i missed ya last fall, we were headed that way, but ended up in San Diego??? was a nice vacation though:) really wanted to chase some Orcas in your zodiac,hehe.

seems that the DC when usin a male, you always get them elephant ears for fans. and the bud is same as a DC bud, sometimes a bit bigger. your plant there has a real sativa lookin bud. just the first ive seen pics of a sativa lookin DC cross, killer.

thanks again RW, take care

CBF

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Very interesting Zamalito....remember what I told you about pot farmers searching for angolese seeds of the same strain,in the need of males and such? :D
And speaking of congo hybrids with a congolese father:
Here´s the White Congo (WW x Congo),that has been kept in Spain by several aficionados,for years now.I´m not sure if the male was the so-called "bangi" (DUBI should know :wave: )
The hybrid looks to me like a perfect blend of both worlds.I harvested 75 grams (2 1/2 oz) off the cutting shown in the pics.
Also I´d like to make a WC x DC male cross....I hear that the WC is almost sterile....let´s see!!:D:D:D

Last edited:
R

richardwilliams

Deep Congo

Hi Everyone, what a distinguished crowd!
Although there are definately phenos in this f1 with huge dc like fan leaves
, I am biasing my selection towards a more sativa pheno, and also will be doing a backcross to the congo cut.
Sorry I dont have more shots of fully mature plants with the huge fan leaves but i havent being doing alot of documenting lately, heres a cut from one of the phenos in a 1 gallon pot, and a fast flowering male cramped in a little pot.
enjoy, future shots of the parent plant, which im running cuts of in a apple swamp this summer, im expecting them to go BIG.

enjoy, Richard.

Last edited:

zamalito

Veteran
Great pictures of a beautiful strain raco. I've never been too big on ww hybrids but that's a definite keeper. I'm sure the dc cross will be wonderful. I think afropips uses male malawis for his african hybrids.

R

richardwilliams

congo parent

congo parent

Heres is a large indoor congo that yielded me 4 oz,
sadly all gone now,

cheers, richard.

zamalito

Veteran
Well ill be damned if it isn't a wide plant with small wide-ish leaves. Once again it seems equatorial africa has pulled through with a strain that's relatively unchanged over the last 500+ years. I was really hoping it would look like this. Hopefully this means there's a good chance the one I have is similar. What's the flowering time on this one like?
A deep congo x afropips malawi hybrid could be made and pretty sure it'd finish where I'm at. I couldn't imagin something with the malawi height and leaf size and the congolese width and density of flower sights and deep chunk density and resin production. Itd be a monster. Not that I'm some kind of master at picking and choosing traits of multiple strains and combining them, but a boy can dream can't he?

I'm betting the deep congo is a real masculine type of herb. Kind of like the oatmeal stout of pure indica x pure sativa crosses. A strong flavor without much subtlety kind of bitter and acrid, definitely not fruity/sweet. Tough lookin buds that also lack delicacy on a wide plant. With a hard hitting high. A real man's kinda herb. The kinda hybrid reminiscent of a time when men were men and steel was steel. Lol

R

richardwilliams

Hi

Hi

It is definately not a fruity herb,
as things in these parts were getting to be all low odour and or fruity
which was getting mighty boring,
ive been smoking this steady for a few days now trying it out on a few]friends and it definately has an indica side to the high but doesnt step on the congo
up too bad, it retains a head high but adds some indica body to it, though toms pure deep chunk was quite cerebral for an indica all on its own
i like an herb that leaves a heavy smell lingering in the room.
Hi resin, hows the timewarp cross doing?
this years apple swamp grow will have alot of the timewarp/cambodian!
cheers, richard.

G

yer taste and mine sound to be identical richard
and that congo parent looks to be somethin special
now im curious what other lr sallies ya may have hidin in the stable!
be well :smile:

Reign of Terror

dubi said:
Very interesting richard!

Sounds like you have had good dominances in the hybrid! Congolese aromas densified by deep chunk afghani influence .... yummy!

How was the structure and flowering time in the hybrid? is the high clean and euphoric like original congolese or heavier due the indica influence?

Thanks for share the report. I'd love to see some finished plants pics for comparison! Great work! dubi

really good to see you DUBI, hows A.C.E. Seeds goin?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Good to see you too Reign of Terror! ;)

The Congo cut richard is using in his Deep Congo, came from our Congo 3 line.
We moved this genetics to Canada 3-4 years ago.

Our ACE Congo is a : Bangi Congo female X ( Congo 3/Chitral) male

Here's the description :

"This delicious African hybrid combines the Bangi Congo which is a rare African landrace almost died out with fast flowering and small height, the Congo #3 which is another Congolese with strong energetic high, and a bit of Chitral Indica to reduce its height and final flowering.

STRUCTURE: Medium-high height.
BOUQUET: The aroma is as sweet as honey with delicate and fresh floral details.
POTENCY: Premium quality energetic high, perfect for an active life.
FLOWERING: 10-11 weeks. Middle-end October
PRODUCTION/M2: Medium
GROW TYPE: Indoors/Outdoors for warm climates"

And some pics grown indoors:

Last edited:
G

thanks for the clarification :smile:
those plants you posted above look out of this world.
a touch of indica never hurt, but im a landrace freak
where do i find some pure congo genetics?
id hate to buy reefermans congolese hybrid if i can find pure.
peace n love

G

and just to make sure,
1638congo_mother2.jpg

this is the congo hybrid not the pure landrace form correct?
may actually better that its a hybrid if the line was well stablized prior to outcrossing to the DC.
either way, fantastic stuff all around.
cant wait to try some strains from the big porkchop :canabis: looks yummy! :smile:

Last edited:
R

richardwilliams

i beleive dubi would clarify to say that the congo 3 is a pure strain making the deep congo a true f1, am i right dubi?

my swamp patch pure congo is doing great will post some pics, cheers, richard.

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I´d say it´s a true f1 hyb, no doubt
Here´s the ConChi...(Congo x Chitral )f2
simply awesome!

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
....and....
I still remember very well taht Richard Williams was the first one willing to send me some DC pollen years ago....keep up the good work,bro :wink:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Good day all!

Yes richard, your Congo which is what we call Congo 3 is definatly a pure sativa. The genetics were recollected by a spanish sailor. He only saved seeds from the most powerful and funny african sativas he tried there and the congolese was one of them.

Raco, Conchi ( Congo 3 X chitral indica) is a pre line of our Congo strain. We selected the best Conchi males to pollinate the pure Bangi Congo female and produce our Congo commercial strain.

Bangi Congo X ( Congo 3/Chitral)

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thx dubi,good info,as always.
A couple pics of a WC cutting: :D

R

richardwilliams

congo 3

congo 3

very interesting Dubi, and Raco,
I was always so curious where these seeds came from,
thanks to the smart spanish sailor for keeping these seeds.
I am honored to have you amigos on this thread, cheers, richard.

Latest posts

Latest posts